Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

Pass for me. I would like to have Mastermind and was planning to get him until I saw this was a box set. My main focus for right now is the Excalibur team set and the Tigra figure. Fantastic Four is a maybe if I come across that wave in a store.

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I never cared for Cyber...he looks like some generic reject Image character, complete with the "basic" name they thought was so cool back in the 90s. All he's missing is a 7ft long pony tail, some kind of rip off Wolverine claws, and useless ammo pouches strapped under his soles or something....

Well, he does actually have rip-off Sabretooth claws, if that counts...

Well I've had a few days to process this Box set...and though I would have preferred to skip Wolvie and Omega Red....Im excited for the other 3 characters.

I NEVER thought we'd get Wyngarde at all and it leaves me hope that Leland may be on the way in some fashion ( Frog man buck would be ideal) I'll be " Kitbashing" a Mastermind with that head and a body from the Disney + Loki. I just want a complete Byrne era Hellfire Club. 

Calisto was a Surprise so I'm happy to be getting her...and Cyber is cool though too tall from what I see. 

Here's to more villans in this line like Spiral, Avalanche, Blob and Toad!! 

After thinking about it, I just put in an order.  I’ll kick myself if I miss out on Wyngarde and Callisto.  Not feeling great about the others, to be honest.  The $20 price point was about my limit.  I’m starting to rethink my X-Men,  Spider-Man, and villains purchasing.

As for boxed sets, I’ve always said I would love a (in this order) Marauders set, Starjammers set, Mutant Liberation Front set, and Acolyte set.  

And why has Hasbro not made a Team X set?  Even with all of the new tooling it would take, that seems like a solid seller.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:14 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

😱

Damnit Hasbro!

20210604_101313.jpg

Still shaking my head. Only one figure is worth my time here (Master Mind). Outstanding job. Was hoping we'd be seeing him with Leland somehow.

Omega Red's great for anyone who couldn't get it the first time around. The brighter colors are a plus for me, but in no way does anything else about it justify buying it again. 

Calisto...the ONE time they should be using a skinny, scrawny mold. LOL. Look at that face. This was a time to use the celine dion Phoenix head.

Shirtless Wolverine? If they had to use him, why not got for battle damaged, ripped and torn costume Wolverine?? Ah, they'll save that for the next time.

Cyber. I guess the creativity store closed the day the Image boys came up with him, but the All Night Rip Off store wasn't.

So, no, this isn't the pack for me. Like so many here I think this was supposed to be a retro card wave and maybe they realized it was gonna pegwarm too hard.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Still shaking my head. Only one figure is worth my time here (Master Mind). Outstanding job. Was hoping we'd be seeing him with Leland somehow.

Omega Red's great for anyone who couldn't get it the first time around. The brighter colors are a plus for me, but in no way does anything else about it justify buying it again. 

Calisto...the ONE time they should be using a skinny, scrawny mold. LOL. Look at that face. This was a time to use the celine dion Phoenix head.

Shirtless Wolverine? If they had to use him, why not got for battle damaged, ripped and torn costume Wolverine?? Ah, they'll save that for the next time.

Cyber. I guess the creativity store closed the day the Image boys came up with him, but the All Night Rip Off store wasn't.

So, no, this isn't the pack for me. Like so many here I think this was supposed to be a retro card wave and maybe they realized it was gonna pegwarm too hard.

I agree with almost all your points except for cyber. I’m sure someone out there is happy to be getting him made and it gives me hope that maybe someday I might get the classic comic drax that I have been waiting years and years to see come out. 

what I’m not happy about is the five pack itself. I like you am only interested in the wyngard to go with my other club members and I don’t feel we should be forced to get these in a 5 pack. And I don’t have the confidence that others seem to have that he will get the single card release treatment later. Maybe I’m just paranoid. Ha. 

guess we will just have to find some friends who are interested in the other characters and go in together to purchase. And keep the wyngard for ourselves. 

1 hour ago, LordVenger said:

I agree with almost all your points except for cyber. I’m sure someone out there is happy to be getting him made and it gives me hope that maybe someday I might get the classic comic drax that I have been waiting years and years to see come out. 

what I’m not happy about is the five pack itself. I like you am only interested in the wyngard to go with my other club members and I don’t feel we should be forced to get these in a 5 pack. And I don’t have the confidence that others seem to have that he will get the single card release treatment later. Maybe I’m just paranoid. Ha. 

guess we will just have to find some friends who are interested in the other characters and go in together to purchase. And keep the wyngard for ourselves. 

COMIC DRAX - I am right there with you!!!  There is no way Hasbro can give all of us what we want for our collections, and while they have done a pretty amazing job, there are some figures I am shocked we haven't seen yet - Comic versions of Drax, Doctor Strange, Power Man, Iron Fist, Toad, Banshee, Adam Warlock, Yondu, Ronan the Accuser, Beta Ray Bill Warriors Three, Valkyrie, and Wolfsbane. I'm also only getting this set for Wyngarde (already have the Hellfire Boxed Set and 4 Goons, so this is a must). 

30 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

COMIC DRAX - I am right there with you!!!  There is no way Hasbro can give all of us what we want for our collections, and while they have done a pretty amazing job, there are some figures I am shocked we haven't seen yet - Comic versions of Drax, Doctor Strange, Power Man, Iron Fist, Toad, Banshee, Adam Warlock, Yondu, Ronan the Accuser, Beta Ray Bill Warriors Three, Valkyrie, and Wolfsbane. I'm also only getting this set for Wyngarde (already have the Hellfire Boxed Set and 4 Goons, so this is a must). 

You are right, everyone wants something different. Hard to hit everyone’s needs. They actually did a fairly good Adam warlock back in the day but as you can see on mine, he has a permanently attached infinity gauntlet which I am not a fan of. I’m probably being picky there but I have hoped for an upgrade that looks pretty much the same but with alternate hand gauntlet. I’m definitely with you on Strange, seems like a no brainer. 

I also purchased the hellfire box and I have to say I am rather pleased with it. I passed on the goons (trying to save a buck when I can) but I bet your setup looks awesome. I also want a starfox but I doubt that will ever happen. I am glad we are getting quasar although I’ll probably never be able to find it. Dang Walgreens exclusives. 

37F9E538-6F92-450D-A53C-BC08F703CB64.jpeg

11 hours ago, LordVenger said:

You are right, everyone wants something different. Hard to hit everyone’s needs. They actually did a fairly good Adam warlock back in the day but as you can see on mine, he has a permanently attached infinity gauntlet which I am not a fan of. I’m probably being picky there but I have hoped for an upgrade that looks pretty much the same but with alternate hand gauntlet. I’m definitely with you on Strange, seems like a no brainer. 

I also purchased the hellfire box and I have to say I am rather pleased with it. I passed on the goons (trying to save a buck when I can) but I bet your setup looks awesome. I also want a starfox but I doubt that will ever happen. I am glad we are getting quasar although I’ll probably never be able to find it. Dang Walgreens exclusives. 

37F9E538-6F92-450D-A53C-BC08F703CB64.jpeg

Yeah, I had that Adam Warlock back in the day, but I just want an upgraded one (and I have the one from the Mantis wave for now, which isn't bad, just not the version I want).  I live near 4 Walgreens, so if I see a Quasar I will snag it for you and let you know (it sucks finding what you need there and has only gotten harder - had to buy Nova off eBay, and never saw Moon Knight or The Fallen/Silver Surfer in stores).

4 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

Yeah, I had that Adam Warlock back in the day, but I just want an upgraded one (and I have the one from the Mantis wave for now, which isn't bad, just not the version I want).  I live near 4 Walgreens, so if I see a Quasar I will snag it for you and let you know (it sucks finding what you need there and has only gotten harder - had to buy Nova off eBay, and never saw Moon Knight or The Fallen/Silver Surfer in stores).

Thanks. Yea I don’t recall seeing moon knight or tfss either and I haven’t seen seen nova yet. If there is something you are seeking I would be glad to keep an eye out as well. 

13 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Good eye! Wonder how the inverness jacket from Old Man Logan two pack would fit.

Been wondering the same, my friend! I can only think of three figures with that sort of poncho like overlay on the shoulders - Old Man Logan from the two pack, Hellboy, and the Silent Screamers Dr. Caligari.  I am hoping the Old Man Logan jacket and a little paint will work, as the four half finished Frost Giants, and half finished Blob have shown I don't have time for really involved customs, just quick and easy ones!

5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Had they made:

shirtless Wolvy 

Classic 1st app Sabertooth- alternate open/snarling head sculpt

Shirtless Sebastian Shaw

Reaver Cole

Reaver Macon

This wave woulda rocked imo.

Not bad, though I would replace Shaw with Leland, since he was the Hellfire Club member who fought Logan

3 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

At least toybiz did try to give new characters like:

Gideon

TAS008527) - Toy Biz Marvel Uncanny X-Men X-Force Figure - Gideon | Action  figures, Marvel, Toy collection

ForeArm (I use to own this toy)

TAS039546 - 1992 Toy Biz Marvel The Uncanny X-Men X-For

Tusk

X Men The Uncanny Tusk With Super Attack Mutant Action Figure, Figures -  Amazon Canada

Ahab

The Top 10 Worst X-Men Action Figures of all time

Random

NEW 1994 ToyBiz X-Men RANDOM Action Figure Toys & Hobbies fireszone Action  Figures

There are so many characters, they decided to keep on pumping wolverines, repaints here and there....Or are they planning a 10-20 year plan of releasing 2-3 of these characters per year???

I wonder how long it will be until Killspree gets a figure, a character 

toybizxmenkillspree__07232.1552073768.jp

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Decided to pull the plug on this box set & cancelled my order. Not worth spending $120 for just 2 figs that I like outta 5. I'll just buy em loose in the secondary market later on. None in this set are really "must have/buy for me.

I placed my order for this set

once I get it in December I guess? Topless Wolverine and Omega Red will be on the chopping block if one of those is what you want, pre-order with me now!

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

I wonder how long it will be until Killspree gets a figure, a character 

toybizxmenkillspree__07232.1552073768.jp

Killspree Killspree! I have been hoping for this guy in Legends form , I hope one day Hasbro is cool enough to hook us up, like come on Hasbro you can give us Hanzel is so hot right now...what about Killspree!?