Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

3 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I kind of agree with that. It would depend on how quirky the style was. I don't think they all would translate well. I was thinking of the Rachel Grey Marvel Girl that Hasbro did. I think it was mostly based on Bachalo's design, but I think I remember seeing an Alan Davis drawing of her and it was so not good.

I would have preferred the Joe Mad hairstyle for AoA Rogue instead of the Ian Churchill poof.

I think cartoony Joe Madureira figures would be very divisive and would not fit well with the more realistic ones. It's a really hard line to walk. I loved his manga influence but they might look too cartoony. I think Toy-Biz tried to incorporate his style in the 90's toys and it worked because they were a little less the works of art that they are now. The Marvel's Most Wanted Blink looked comic accurate. The X-man from that line looked very Steve Skroce inspired.

Anyway. I like the idea, but think it would be hard to do successfully.

100% agree! Joe Mad and Ramos would probably be too cartoony, but I would still love to see them (or at least the head sculpts as an option in a package). I keep locking in on certain characters and artists...Bachalo's Wolverine with an open mouthed growl, and Bachalo's Nightcrawler.

16 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I would have preferred the Joe Mad hairstyle for AoA Rogue instead of the Ian Churchill poof.

Yea I would've preferred they mimicked Mad's hairstyle. I don't mind the poof but it's the curled out brown sides that's mainly bothering me. It's supposed to be straight~ish like so:

aoa1.jpegaoa2.jpeg

That said, I'm hoping it's just the 3D renders that's making the figure (head) awkward because the prototype figure that Dwight held up actually looks pretty good.

6 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

The G.I. Joe stream featured a new Snake Eyes with his articulated pet wolf Timber. Dan tweeted a response to that news speculating on future possibilities.

That's very encouraging for those of us who want to see animals like Lockjaw and a flying horse or two. 

They could even do Red Wolf and Lobo

7 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

😱

Damnit Hasbro!

20210604_101313.jpg

That is one of the worst and cheapest looking boxsets I have ever seen. There is no connection between anyone of those characters and that version of Logan. They should have done them as a Retro wave.  The only pro is that it means that they could release Mastermind in his correct colours later.

6 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

😱

Damnit Hasbro!

20210604_101313.jpg

Don't know why you are saying dammit. Amazon exclusive are usually easy to get. Is it the fact you have to buy wolverine and omega red? Well yeah that bad but that's life. 

This also confirms that the excalibur box set will be the sdcc exclusive. Amazon usually have only one big box set a year.

13 minutes ago, leokearon said:

That is one of the worst and cheapest looking boxsets I have ever seen. There is no connection between anyone of those characters and that version of Logan. They should have done them as a Retro wave.  The only pro is that it means that they could release Mastermind in his correct colours later.

I dunno, the Defenders set a few years back was pretty "cheap looking" too.

I don't see any retail buyers jumping on a single-carded wave with that lineup.  Most of these guys and gals are even more obscure than the Villains Wave (where at least you've got Doom and the Red Skull).

As far as "no connection between anyone of those characters and that version of Logan" that's possibly one of the lamest complaints I've ever seen about a boxed set of only tangentially-related characters anyway.    Would I have rather seen say, the same set with Team X Wolverine instead of Shirtless, and Roughhouse and Bloodscream instead of Mastermind and Omega Repaint?  Probably (as long as Mastermind showed up somewhere else later), but this set is still good enough to get my money, and some people will never be happy.

Shirtless Wolvie will be good diorama fodder with a bunch of Hand Ninjas/Whatever type of goons surrounding him.

12 minutes ago, tarot said:

Don't know why you are saying dammit. Amazon exclusive are usually easy to get. Is it the fact you have to buy wolverine and omega red? Well yeah that bad but that's life. 

This also confirms that the excalibur box set will be the sdcc exclusive. Amazon usually have only one big box set a year.

8 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Speaking of which, the Alpha Flight box set is on sale for $86 right now.

6 minutes ago, GreenwithNV said:

I’m not usually patient in my purchases, but this is one set I feel comfortable in saying will be steeply discounted sooner or later

While I'll pay full price and not shed a tear over it, I wouldn't blame anyone for rolling the dice on this possibility.  Given that Alpha Flight has basically "pegwarmed" this seems to have a good likelihood of doing the same.  But who knows?  It's a weird set, for sure, but most people seemed pretty excited about Callisto and Mastermind at least.

16 minutes ago, tarot said:

If you look thru the reactions to this reveal, you will find it's what most people are saying.

Plus more recent Amazon exclusives have been hard to come by. Tank top Hugh Jackman was quickly snatched up, and I've never seen him MSRP since. Ditto dusty Deadpool and Children of Thanos. Also looking through the trends, Amazon has been summarily canceling pre-orders lately. So sorry, no disrespect, but I really don't know what you're talking about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Hopefully this follows the older Amazon exclusives that are plentiful and are then discounted. I still NEED Callisto and Jason Wyngarde (and maybe Cyber).

Did it go up in price? I could've sworn it was $114.99 earlier when I clicked Dan's Amazon link.

For the record I don't think it's the "worst" nor one of the "cheapest-looking sets." That Luis and Ghost 2-Pack is a headscratcher.

I happen to think Callisto (of Mutant Massacre fame) and Jason Wyngarde (Dark Phoenix Saga, heard of it?) and Cyber (who Wolverine is deathly afraid of) are every bit as essential a villain as MOST of the Bring On the Bad Guys roster. If we never got this Omega Red the first time in the Sauron wave (and Wolverine, but a version of him is to be expected in an X-Men wave/set) this would've been a first day purchase. 

I really don't mind this, as I was going to buy them all anyway (and I had like $70 in points that needed spending on my Amazon card), but $24.20 each on a bunch of repaints that you have to buy together is not going to be popular... especially with the increasingly dubious inclusion of Omega Red. I have not been complaining about the increase to $22.99 because I understand what's going on with the world, but with nothing new in this set other than a few heads, and an even higher per-figure ask, on a "bundle", this is pretty gross. Looks like Pulsecon is going to be another day-0 F5 frenzy to get Excalibur...

I'm actually somewhat dreading the Excalibur announcement. I know that we don't know who is in it yet, but I'm expecting that Meggan is the only one that I'm going to want... so I have to decide whether to rush and buy the whole set or try to get just her later on the secondary market. Hopefully there will be more in it that I want so that it's not a hard decision.

I seriously literally just got my Hellfire Club set that I ordered from Pulse last year like a week ago. I really like it though, so it was still worth the wait.