Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

3 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Ordered it but I'm not thrilled. I want 3 of 5 of the figures

Agreed. I feel the same way. Paying $120 for just the 3 figures that I want certainly didn't make me feel too great about it. I'm justifying it to myself by telling myself that they probably would have never made those figures I wanted otherwise....

What the stupid 5-Pack! , what a twist, I wondered about this yesterday when we saw no new figures, but then I thought a 5 pack with those figures, some of it makes sense some doesn't, oh well here we are, I want Callisto, Wygarde and Cyber, but I don't want those other two, I guess when it becomes available on Amazon I'll just order it,  but Amazon exclusives have been really annoying as of recent, they love cancelling or the exclusive never ends up in Canada.and now I guess maybe... I really don't want excalibur to be the SDCC, ugh.

18 minutes ago, Reno said:

I'm actually somewhat dreading the Excalibur announcement. I know that we don't know who is in it yet, but I'm expecting that Meggan is the only one that I'm going to want... so I have to decide whether to rush and buy the whole set or try to get just her later on the secondary market. Hopefully there will be more in it that I want so that it's not a hard decision.

I seriously literally just got my Hellfire Club set that I ordered from Pulse last year like a week ago. I really like it though, so it was still worth the wait.

If Excalibur is the SDCC/Pulse set this year, which seems likely now, you should probably get it, even if you only want Meggan. You'll be able to make back the entire cost of the set by selling the other figures, no problem. There are a lot of Kitty and Rachel fans out there who have been waiting on the Excalibur look, but may not want the whole set. I know we don't know for sure who's in it, but Kitty and Meggan are basically confirmed, and I'd be very surprised if we didn't see Brian and Rachel. Kurt is a maybe, but I'm leaning toward his probable inclusion, maybe with a new head.

Easy pass. I only liked (not loved) three of the five, not enough to push me over the limit to buy this. If I won't buy the Thor box set for Ulik, Malekith, and Jane Foster Thor, then I'm not buying this for a Callisto that doesn't look right and a Mastermind that also doesn't look right and an Omega Red that I only kinda/sorta care about. 

Hopefully, Wyngarde gets repainted with a purple jacket somewhere down the line, and Callisto gets a new gaunt head sculpt; I don't need them in my collection I'm not willing to wait and gamble on it.

32 minutes ago, Benn said:

I really don't mind this, as I was going to buy them all anyway (and I had like $70 in points that needed spending on my Amazon card), but $24.20 each on a bunch of repaints that you have to buy together is not going to be popular... especially with the increasingly dubious inclusion of Omega Red. I have not been complaining about the increase to $22.99 because I understand what's going on with the world, but with nothing new in this set other than a few heads, and an even higher per-figure ask, on a "bundle", this is pretty gross. Looks like Pulsecon is going to be another day-0 F5 frenzy to get Excalibur...

I mean, as far as I can tell Hasbro basically produced Hellfire Club sets to order (after a few days of being up, after the Pulse Rush) last year, and all Pulse Premium members who managed to snag it got was earlier delivery on the product.  Don't see why they won't do the same thing this year.  I suspect if you don't mind being patient the Excalibur set will not be hard to get at retail price in the initial pre-order window.

Now, OUTSIDE that preorder window, maybe, but still...just about anyone that had a hard time getting the Hellfire Club was snoozing.  It was readily available for "general orders" the day after the Pulse early access.  You just didn't get to feed the "gotta have it now" fever if you got it then.

Behhh...I hate when they pull these stunts. I only really wanted Callisto and Omega Red. And I need to look up the character in the blue and silver though, because I don't know who-t-f he is. Hasbro and their damned exclusives. Thankfully it's not been as bad with ML as with other lines, but they could be digging their own grave with these stunts. If it shows up on Amazon.ca, ehhh....we'll see. Bad enough Excalibur has to be an SDCC set. 

11 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I mean, as far as I can tell Hasbro basically produced Hellfire Club sets to order (after a few days of being up, after the Pulse Rush) last year, and all Pulse Premium members who managed to snag it got was earlier delivery on the product.  Don't see why they won't do the same thing this year.  I suspect if you don't mind being patient the Excalibur set will not be hard to get at retail price in the initial pre-order window.

Now, OUTSIDE that preorder window, maybe, but still...just about anyone that had a hard time getting the Hellfire Club was snoozing.  It was readily available for "general orders" the day after the Pulse early access.  You just didn't get to feed the "gotta have it now" fever if you got it then.

This is all true. And yet, Sebastian Shaw and Donald Pierce are $30 to $40 each on eBay right now, and Emma and Jean/Selene are $80 to $100 each, with the full box-set selling for at least $150 (nearly double its original selling price). And this is after the preorders all finally shipped. Anyone who wanted this set and didn't mind waiting had the opportunity to get it... but lots of them didn't. There's no reason to expect Excalibur will go any differently.

EDIT: Sorry. For some reason I thought you were responding to my suggestion that someone get Excalibur just to get Meggan, and then sell the rest. Yeah, you're right. I don't think it'll be hard to get. It'll still be a day-0 F5 frenzy for me, though, because--whereas I'm fine to wait 9 months for it--I'd obviously rather get it within a few weeks like I did with the Hellfire Club.

It's weird that they bumped up the price shortly after it was listed. When I saw it and ordered, it was $114.99; they bumped it up to $120.99 within 10 minutes of me ordering. Hopefully they'll lower it down to $114.99 (or less) again. Luckily, Amazon has a pre-order price guarantee. 

Even at $114.99, it seems a bit steep for the simplicity and lack of accessorization of the figures. The Hellfire Club set was the price of 4 figures at the time, and it came with a bunch of accessories and was in elaborate packaging. If multi-packs aren't going to give a per-figure discount Vs, the cost of single figures, they should at least give them all ample accessories. None of these figures are elaborate enough, individually, to be priced at more than MSRP in a regular assortment, WITH a BAF piece.

So, the "Jungle" 5-pack everyone assumed was the Excalibur set turns out to be a loosely connected box of figures people were only marginally interested in when they thought they were a Retro wave they could cherry pick through?

Okay, that's a bit of a heart-breaker, but I can deal. That still leaves the door open for Excalibur to be an SDCC exclusive.

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

What the stupid 5-Pack! , what a twist, I wondered about this yesterday when we saw no new figures, but then I thought a 5 pack with those figures, some of it makes sense some doesn't, oh well here we are, I want Callisto, Wygarde and Cyber, but I don't want those other two, I guess when it becomes available on Amazon I'll just order it,  but Amazon exclusives have been really annoying as of recent, they love cancelling or the exclusive never ends up in Canada.and now I guess maybe... I really don't want excalibur to be the SDCC, ugh.

Hopefully this goes the way of that Alpha Flight boxed set which eventually ended up on clearance (?) at EB Games for under Cdn$100 for the 5* figures.

Or Hellfire Club which also went to preorder at EB for Cdn$99.99.

*Edit: 6 pack!

Just now, enzosaurusrex said:

Hopefully this goes the way of that Alpha Flight boxed set which eventually ended up on clearance (?) at EB Games for Cdn under Cdn$100 for the 5 figures.

Or Hellfire Club which also went to preorder at EB for Cdn$99.99.

Yeah one can only hope, because I am actually lowkey miffed that this is a box set , because I really want a Cyber and Callisto, and Mastermind for the HFC, so I hope it's going to be a set that gets handled like Alpha Flight rather then Children of Thanos.

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

If you look thru the reactions to this reveal, you will find it's what most people are saying.

Plus more recent Amazon exclusives have been hard to come by. Tank top Hugh Jackman was quickly snatched up, and I've never seen him MSRP since. Ditto dusty Deadpool and Children of Thanos. Also looking through the trends, Amazon has been summarily canceling pre-orders lately. So sorry, no disrespect, but I really don't know what you're talking about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Hopefully this follows the older Amazon exclusives that are plentiful and are then discounted. I still NEED Callisto and Jason Wyngarde (and maybe Cyber).

It seems to be mainly the MCU/movie stuff that Amazon sells out of quickly. Alpha Flight, Nimrod, Defenders and several other sets have lasted a long time and gotten heavily discounted, but those are all comic multi-packs. My guess is either they don’t order as much of the movie stuff or people buy more of it.

Also to my knowledge, Amazon only cancelled the Villains wave and Maestro, then put them back up later. Seems to be an isolated incident, I’m not terribly concerned, especially when it comes to exclusives.

Welp price point seems like wake up call, 24 per figure is new normal now, however, set being an amazon exclusive will eventually end up going on sale at 80-90 bucks, which isn't bad deal per se, if you want  Callisto and Cyber as well as reissue of Omega red that goes for  over 35+.  But I doubt i will try to order this set, my priority is only Omega red and Calisto, hopefully it will be possible to get them loose for ok price. 

7 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

Also to my knowledge, Amazon only cancelled the Villains wave and Maestro, then put them back up later. Seems to be an isolated incident, I’m not terribly concerned, especially when it comes to exclusives.

The cancellations aren't a recent thing though (based on your mentioning of Villains wave and maestro). Yes there's the isolated incident of them cancelling the villains wave and Dan tweeting about it and them apologizing but I remember quite a few social media posts from people whose preorders of other waves that have been cancelled by Amazon.

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah one can only hope, because I am actually lowkey miffed that this is a box set , because I really want a Cyber and Callisto, and Mastermind for the HFC, so I hope it's going to be a set that gets handled like Alpha Flight rather then Children of Thanos.

Crossing fingers Amazon can't do simple math and price this boxed set lower on Amazon.ca. Remember that cheaper Nimrod set?

38 minutes ago, Hogun said:

A set featuring 3 new characters and 2 unnecessary repaints. Hasbro saved my wallet.

I really like the Wolverine in this set. These are the best unmasked Wolverine head sculpts that Hasbro has made- hopefully they'll be made available with other Wolverines, as I'd like some extras to upgrade past figures. Omega Red is kind of unnecessary, especially in a boxed set like this, but I do like the color choices.

Yeahhh I really only wanted cyber and the rest are kind of if they were on sale type things. Not a fan of this being an higher than average price per figure box set. I will just wait and hope that it goes on sale like the nimrod set did. I m in no rush for cyber or any of the others. 

52 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Yes there's the isolated incident of them cancelling the villains wave and Dan tweeting about it and them apologizing but I remember quite a few social media posts from people whose preorders of other waves that have been cancelled by Amazon.

So there was an actual snag with hasbro and amazon that caused all the cancellations? interesting, im going to have to look that up.

Waitaminnit! WHAT THE ACTUAL FR#*K?? They turned that into a five pack?? So much for the retro card idea.

OK, this is some straight up bs. The only figure worth getting was Mastermind and frankly, I was hoping we'd get Leland as well, but not a box  set, certainly nothing as random as this one. 

Just now, EvilHayato said:

Yeahhh I really only wanted cyber and the rest are kind of if they were on sale type things. Not a fan of this being an higher than average price per figure box set. I will just wait and hope that it goes on sale like the nimrod set did. I m in no rush for cyber or any of the others. 

So there was an actual snag with hasbro and amazon that caused all the cancellations? interesting, im going to have to look that up.

Yeah, I'm still not clear on what happened- is there a verified explanation somewhere? I had some of the Villains wave and Maestro cancelled. I had the other villains ordered other places, too, and BBTS still had Maestro for $2.00 more, but, still, Amazon almost never cancels pre-orders, from my experience, so I was very surprised. 

2 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah, I'm still not clear on what happened- is there a verified explanation somewhere? I had some of the Villains wave and Maestro cancelled. I had the other villains ordered other places, too, and BBTS still had Maestro for $2.00 more, but, still, Amazon almost never cancels pre-orders, from my experience, so I was very surprised. 

Yeah same, I always preorder from them because they dont upcharge like BBTS loves to do let alone the shipping fee. I was so random, one after the other just cancelled.. and then a week later they are back up again, still saying August when alot of stores are getting them in now. 

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The cancellations aren't a recent thing though (based on your mentioning of Villains wave and maestro). Yes there's the isolated incident of them cancelling the villains wave and Dan tweeting about it and them apologizing but I remember quite a few social media posts from people whose preorders of other waves that have been cancelled by Amazon.

Crossing fingers Amazon can't do simple math and price this boxed set lower on Amazon.ca. Remember that cheaper Nimrod set?

Yeah to respond to the whole Amazon thing, I love how it shocked people in the US that they got their figures cancelled, this is nothing new in Canada in fact it's almost a 60/40 chance you are going to get figures cancelled, I'v had 4 waves cancelled on me and countless figures, we never even got Amazon exclusive Arctici Storm Shadow he was cancelled for everyone in Canada, so you US guys cry it happened once, it's a regular occurence in Canada

Now on to how amazing that Alpha Flight, Defenders and Nimrod 3 pack were handled in Canada, excellent! they were amply available and went on discounts quite quickly, and the Nimrod 3 pack was priced at the US price, as much as Amazon can do right, it's a really big gamble.

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Never occurred to me that there would be a 5 pack and certainly not these. Talk about random. But youre right, this is stupid, and it really seems like sometimes they just want to see what the Legends Collectors' breaking point is for foolishness. Of the 5, only Mastermind has any interest to me at all; Omega Red is great but there's nothing there to make me want to get him again. 

What really ticks me off about this is that they play this little game when they could just have given us the Inhumans box set, or even Starjammers, instead of this waste.

The read I'm reading the comment makes it seem that the way they announced this set is what upset people. They had a daily reveal, made it seem like it was a wave and then announced it as a box set. They build up the hype for it so I can understand why they are mad. if they had just said straight out that this was an amazon exclusive box set from the start, then I don't think they would be getting as much backlash.

Putting my conspiracy hat for a bit, I think they were planning on doing the Excalibur set as the Amazon exclusive, saw that people were hyping it and decided to make it the SDCC exclusive. That or a certain red head's costume made it a be too sharp for general (or amazon) retail.

As for the price for it, yeah a bit much but 23 for a normal figure is the price now so x5 is 115 plus a fancy box for the extra 5. Reuse or not, it will be 23 anyway. Also we have been having reuse for years. it's just the way of things.