Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

18 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah, I'm still not clear on what happened- is there a verified explanation somewhere? I had some of the Villains wave and Maestro cancelled. I had the other villains ordered other places, too, and BBTS still had Maestro for $2.00 more, but, still, Amazon almost never cancels pre-orders, from my experience, so I was very surprised. 

Same, I’ve preordered from them since at least 2017 and I’ve never had them cancel on me until the Villains wave. I always go Amazon because of the retail pricing and free shipping, I always figure I won’t get them early or with mint packages, but it’s always been secure for me.

10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Never occurred to me that there would be a 5 pack and certainly not these. Talk about random. But youre right, this is stupid, and it really seems like sometimes they just want to see what the Legends Collectors' breaking point is for foolishness. Of the 5, only Mastermind has any interest to me at all; Omega Red is great but there's nothing there to make me want to get him again. 

What really ticks me off about this is that they play this little game when they could just have given us the Inhumans box set, or even Starjammers, instead of this waste.

Yes I agree, it would be wonderful if they would produce something like a Starjammers 5-pack, but that's the thing this is easy money for them as appose to Starjammers (potentially), because this is all tool re-use so it's significantly less expensive to make, Starjammers and Inhumans for example are going to have a ton of new tools used (one tooled figure is like 8000 + ) (also they liked to plan out if they are making new tools, what they can re-use them for later) they do these stupid things because thats what keeps the line alive, I wish it wasn't that way, and in an ideal world we could just get all the things we desire, but they gotta find some way to make up for how much that whole entire Eternals wave cost for tooling, all new sculpts, no re-use and photo tech face sculpts. Hey it but member! when Toybiz had a new tool for every figure in every wave,,,, ah those were the days, but Hasbro is hungry and way more corporate. i would imagine majority of the time someone at Disney , stock holders say.. well Wolverine he sells, and whats a Starburster?

19 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah to respond to the whole Amazon thing, I love how it shocked people in the US that they got their figures cancelled, this is nothing new in Canada in fact it's almost a 60/40 chance you are going to get figures cancelled, I'v had 4 waves cancelled on me and countless figures, we never even got Amazon exclusive Arctici Storm Shadow he was cancelled for everyone in Canada, so you US guys cry it happened once, it's a regular occurence in Canada

Thank you!

I knew I wasn't going crazy lol I knew Amazon was cancelling a lot of preorders but was struggling to remember what the circumstances were.

pills.gif

7 minutes ago, tarot said:

As for the price for it, yeah a bit much but 23 for a normal figure is the price now so x5 is 115 plus a fancy box for the extra 5. Reuse or not, it will be 23 anyway. Also we have been having reuse for years. it's just the way of things.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that "fancy box" you mentioned won't be so fancy. This whole set just smacks of desperation. The selection of characters, the lackluster figures themselves, the obvious yet clumsy attempt to build up hype, it all just seems so hastily put together.

I could be wrong, but with all the figures seeming so perfect for a Retro wave, I bet that's exactly what they were. I'm betting with all the chaos last year, Hasbro threw everything they had at the market to recoup lost revenue. Unfortunately, you can only fit so many waves into a single fiscal year, so they turned this one into a boxed set.

You're probably right on the money with your Amazon/SDCC theory to. With ComiCon back on, they had the perfect opportunity to shunt Excalibur out there, then dump this quickie set on Amazon.

That's my thought process, but everybody has a theory, right?

@mako yeah this was just made up of repaints and reuse (nothing new from hasbro but even this was bad) so it must have been a last minute thing. Probably didn't have anything for SDCC as they didn't know if it was on or not (and you know the whole world was in #$##). Plus the SDCC is much later then it usually is AND they probably not expecting a huge crowd like they used to. So have the SDCC exclusive be something we all want and stick amazon with this cheap box set.

By the way, I just want the 3 figure from this set. the new character will probably be exclusive to this set for a long while. It be the same if they BAF of a wave was something I wanted but I never say no to new toys.

Since i only want 2 figures from this 5-pack (Callisto and Mastermind) i'll try and wait for a sale.  $125 is steep for 5 figures that are all repaints and that don't get you anything close to a  completed team the way the Alpha Flight or Thanos sets do.  It would be one thing if this was Excalibur or Inhumans, Starjammers, Champions, Serpent Society or even Eternals but really these 5 only share a loose connection with Wolvie. There's really not much to justify an inflated price.  I think amazon may have miscalculated on this one.

35 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yes I agree, it would be wonderful if they would produce something like a Starjammers 5-pack, but that's the thing this is easy money for them as appose to Starjammers (potentially), because this is all tool re-use so it's significantly less expensive to make, Starjammers and Inhumans for example are going to have a ton of new tools used

Not sure the Starjammers will require a ton of new sculpts. Ch'od can be made from Abomination's body with a new head. Corsair can be mostly standard size buck with a new head. Hepzibah... once Tigra is out they can probably reuse some of her furry appendages and some normal female parts. Raza... might need some new parts, sure, but still there's a lot that can be recycled for those characters. 

Someone else mentioned this, and I agree. Considering this is a "Wolverine" set, a reorganizing of the recent figures should've been in order: 

This set should've included Shirtless Wolverine, Cyber, Lady Deathstrike, Donald Pierce and the redecoed Omega Red. Ideally, instead of a simple Omega Red repaint, they should've kit bashed the Apocalypse BAF Wave Sabretooth's head (I liked that head though some people hated it because of the creases in the mouth) with a bigger buck (AOA Sabes) and added Apoc Wave's white fur. Include that second Omega Red head as a pack-in for this set.

Add Callisto to the Bring On the Bad Guys Wave. Add Jason Wyngarde to the Hellfire Club SDCC Boxed Set.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

LOL No the bloody well didn't. lol. They reused stuff just as much as Hasbro.

Yeah honestly I don't remember a ton of re-use but I won't say you are wrong, I always take what you say as pretty much word bond, so I guess I just remember it seemed like they had quite a bit more new parts on a regular basis, then Hasbro (on new characters not counting the many variants or chases, just always seemed more like every new character had a new tool), but maybe it was just less evident that they were re-using tools/parts.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Thank you!

I knew I wasn't going crazy lol I knew Amazon was cancelling a lot of preorders but was struggling to remember what the circumstances were.

pills.gif

You friend are not crazy, I remember in 2018 alone I had probably 3 full waves cancelled, by last year it was at an all time high, I had figures from FF wave all the way up to AOA wave (all of AOA wave, All of Black Widow wave that all can Recall right off my head) Amazon Canada is notoriously unreliable , they should most certainly be a back up plan with most figures for Canadians. I believe it's because they a lot a certain stock to all of North America not just US and Canada alone, and with the US being priority, I want to go back to the Storm Shadow for a minute, where we in Canada didn't get this figure and it was I believe (and from sources) due to the figure being sent out in broken boxs to US buyers and US buyers ended up cleaning the entire stock due to re-ordering and returning.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Not sure the Starjammers will require a ton of new sculpts. Ch'od can be made from Abomination's body with a new head. Corsair can be mostly standard size buck with a new head. Hepzibah... once Tigra is out they can probably reuse some of her furry appendages and some normal female parts. Raza... might need some new parts, sure, but still there's a lot that can be recycled for those characters. 

Yeah no I agree with Starjammers not really being a tough one to produce with limit new tools, yes Ch;od can be done with Abomination parts, Corsair could be on bucky mold, Raza could be on a Sunfire mold etc, but it's now at this point not about the re-use it's about the fact that the higher ups wouldn't see it as a viable big seller, and would favor the idea of a Wolverine anchored box set over it, the big dogs controlling things would rather have a pitch that sounded like an easy win I.E. a Deadpool box set or Captain America, then a box full of unknowns, not to say it can't happen (look at Alpha Flight) but in the case of this Wolverine box set over Starjammers of course they would go with the heavyhitters all day, plus you gotta think about the fact Starjammer's have not really had much media push in any area for awhile, in point of Alpha Flight it had a few ups, Sasquatch was already released and Guardian, so it had merit, plus wasn't there (I could be wrong) a New Alpha Flight book at the time?, I think it was True North or something and they had also re-released the #1 issue and so forth.

I ended up pre-ordering. I’m justifying it as it may be the only thing new when it releases so the cost won’t be that big of a bite.

FYI, if you use Amazon Key in Garage delivery you get $10.01 of the cost. 

I really only want the Wolverine ( the hell is wrong with me!?!), not sure what I’ll do with the others. wyngarde I can see using as custom fodder, Cyber is so close to  an original creation I had as a kid I may try to tweak him into my own character. Maybe sell the rest who knows.. definitely a quirky set.

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

it's now at this point not about the re-use it's about the fact that the higher ups wouldn't see it as a viable big seller, and would favor the idea of a Wolverine anchored box set over it, the big dogs controlling things would rather have a pitch that sounded like an easy win I.E. a Deadpool box set or Captain America, then a box full of unknowns

I get that. They could slot in a new/repainted Cyclops or Phoenix for the fifth spot. I bet that would help.

8 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I really only want the Wolverine ( the hell is wrong with me!?!), not sure what I’ll do with the others. wyngarde I can see using as custom fodder, Cyber is so close to  an original creation I had as a kid I may try to tweak him into my own character. Maybe sell the rest who knows.. definitely a quirky set.

Dude, some people here want everyone EXCEPT Wolverine. Pool your resources; team up with someone to split the cost and divide the loot.

45 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I get that. They could slot in a new/repainted Cyclops or Phoenix for the fifth spot. I bet that would help.

Yeah hey totally! and who would be mad at that, a new Jim Lee cyclops with the Jacket colors, and a new Phoenix with a non Celine Dion face, sell me 50!

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yes I agree, it would be wonderful if they would produce something like a Starjammers 5-pack, but that's the thing this is easy money for them as appose to Starjammers (potentially), because this is all tool re-use so it's significantly less expensive to make, Starjammers and Inhumans for example are going to have a ton of new tools used (one tooled figure is like 8000 + ) (also they liked to plan out if they are making new tools, what they can re-use them for later) they do these stupid things because thats what keeps the line alive....

Sorry my friend but I disagree; I've posted on this forum many times about the ease of doing Starjammers.  All of those guys are basically done, save for some tweaks here and there; Ch'od would've been the hardest, but that's not even possible to say anymore 'cause he was actually completed with Abomination.

Wouldn't take much to use Hercules' or Wyngarde's head as Corsair's; Tigra's buck will work well with Madame Hepzibah.

This really isn't an issue of tooling. I don't have a problem with Hasbro going the frugal route but at this point, neither the Inhumans nor Starjammers would cost any more than the 5 figures in this pack. However I was just using them as an example of a better choice to go with, if they wanted to do a box set.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Sorry my friend but I disagree; I've posted on this forum many times about the ease of doing Starjammers.  All of those guys are basically done, save for some tweaks here and there; Ch'od would've been the hardest, but that's not even possible to say anymore 'cause he was actually completed with Abomination.

Wouldn't take much to use Hercules' or Wyngarde's head as Corsair's; Tigra's buck will work well with Madame Hepzibah.

This really isn't an issue of tooling. I don't have a problem with Hasbro going the frugal route but at this point, neither the Inhumans nor Starjammers would cost any more than the 5 figures in this pack. However I was just using them as an example of a better choice to go with, if they wanted to do a box set.

Oh absolutely, I wish we could get a Starjammers, I'm sure we could someday, I wasn't trying to go against you, I'm all for Starjammers and it being what we should have gotten over this dimly presented and hardly tangential blob of "wolverine" characters, it's just a lazy pack, I was in the above posts totally agree'ing with how easy it would be to tool them

as I said in a above post somewhere up there>

It really all boiled down to what the big wigs would deem a better bet at selling, if you were johnny stock holder, disney chair man and someone said... Starjammers or Wolverine , well obviously they don't really know what the fans trully want, they are going to say Wolverine everytime.

If I had to guess Starjammers likely would end up as pulse or Sdcc exclusive pack if anything, they are way too obscure even for Amazon, and likely that Wolverine 5 pack is response to Alpha flight box set, which I assume isn’t exactly hot seller due to obscurity of the team and no big name  heavy hitters.  As much as it sucks for die hard fans Wolverine pack is “better choice” from commercial POV of amazon or any other retailer. 

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

You friend are not crazy, I remember in 2018 alone I had probably 3 full waves cancelled, by last year it was at an all time high, I had figures from FF wave all the way up to AOA wave (all of AOA wave, All of Black Widow wave that all can Recall right off my head) Amazon Canada is notoriously unreliable , they should most certainly be a back up plan with most figures for Canadians. I believe it's because they a lot a certain stock to all of North America not just US and Canada alone, and with the US being priority, I want to go back to the Storm Shadow for a minute, where we in Canada didn't get this figure and it was I believe (and from sources) due to the figure being sent out in broken boxs to US buyers and US buyers ended up cleaning the entire stock due to re-ordering and returning.

This is crazy. I never knew Canadians were having so much trouble with Amazon.  You would think that Amazon would have a centralized system to know how many orders it has taken vs the number of stock it will have available. Man that sucks. Hate that for you guys. Shame shipping costs so much between us or you could just get it from the USA. I also find that to be crazy honestly. 

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This is crazy. I never knew Canadians were having so much trouble with Amazon.  You would think that Amazon would have a centralized system to know how many orders it has taken vs the number of stock it will have available. Man that sucks. Hate that for you guys. Shame shipping costs so much between us or you could just get it from the USA. I also find that to be crazy honestly. 

5 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Someone else mentioned this, and I agree. Considering this is a "Wolverine" set, a reorganizing of the recent figures should've been in order: 

This set should've included Shirtless Wolverine, Cyber, Lady Deathstrike, Donald Pierce and the redecoed Omega Red. Ideally, instead of a simple Omega Red repaint, they should've kit bashed the Apocalypse BAF Wave Sabretooth's head (I liked that head though some people hated it because of the creases in the mouth) with a bigger buck (AOA Sabes) and added Apoc Wave's white fur. Include that second Omega Red head as a pack-in for this set.

Add Callisto to the Bring On the Bad Guys Wave. Add Jason Wyngarde to the Hellfire Club SDCC Boxed Set.

WOW, that would have been a perfect set, but  I would want a brand new Sabretooth head (the upcoming AOA version made me realize how much the Apocalypse wave Sabretooth head was lacking), and if they pulled Lady Deathstrike from the Bring On The Bad Guys wave it wouldn't have been nearly as strong of a wave unless they replaced her with someone like Toad.  

6 hours ago, tarot said:

By the way, I just want the 3 figure from this set. the new character will probably be exclusive to this set for a long while. It be the same if they BAF of a wave was something I wanted but I never say no to new toys.

Normally, I'm the same way, and I DO really want Callisto and Mastermind, but that's just not enough meat on the bone to drop 125+ on the set . . . especially with Excalibur all but assured. I could probably go two boxed sets at roughly the same time, but that second one would have to be a helluva set.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:17 AM, mightiest_mortal said:

I'll pass myself, but it's great that we're getting so many missing characters in this wave.

I never cared for Cyber...he looks like some generic reject Image character, complete with the "basic" name they thought was so cool back in the 90s. All he's missing is a 7ft long pony tail, some kind of rip off Wolverine claws, and useless ammo pouches strapped under his soles or something....