Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

17 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Awesome! I hope these aren't too hard to find. I've been wanting this guy for a while. It's cool that we are getting some more villains, too!

Also, another easy repaint. I hope this works out. This definitely seems like a move to make some easy money. I hope the franchise isn't in danger.

I love that your first instinct was "This definitely seems like a move to make some easy money. I hope the franchise isn't in danger.", instead of "This definitely seems like a move to make some easy money. I guess it's business as usual for a mega-corporation!" Hasbro has been doing this for years. I see no indication that this franchise is struggling. These guys schedule retro waves annually because they are not about to leave money on the table.

4 minutes ago, DenXMedia said:

I love that your first instinct was "This definitely seems like a move to make some easy money. I hope the franchise isn't in danger.", instead of "This definitely seems like a move to make some easy money. I guess it's business as usual for a mega-corporation!" Hasbro has been doing this for years. I see no indication that this franchise is struggling. These guys schedule retro waves annually because they are not about to leave money on the table.

Ehh, I said that because I know that a lot of businesses are struggling after last year.

I'm happy with these reissues. I will probably get Cyber and Callisto.

How much longer will we be getting daily releases like this?

4 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Ehh, I said that because I know that a lot of businesses are struggling after last year.

I'm happy with these reissues. I will probably get Cyber and Callisto.

How much longer will we be getting daily releases like this?

If this is a Retro wave, I would expect one more.

Nice! I will definitely get Cyber! Calisto is a possible but the rest are passes. Im guessing that new wolverine head will be used with other wolverines down the line so im not going to go crazy to get a shirtless wolverine just for new heads. 

11 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I loved that Stryfe. What didn't you like about him?

The post was more giving examples of figures that Hasbro can rerelease for the sake of the people that missed them the first time (based on the relatively simple Omega Red redeco). Kitty and MultipleMan are all very hard to come by nowadays and a rerelease with little (Kitty) to no updates (MultipleMan, people would love to army build him) would be greatly appreciated by the community. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Madrox another uniform under that trench coat (green and yellow) and give even the people that already have a bunch of the first release a reason to double dip.

Anyways, I'm already off that redeco train and I'm on the "these are Two-Packs" train 😄

I guess we'll see what tomorrow's reveal brings. Dan's post has an Arnie Terminator "I'll be back" gif (probably means nothing but it makes me think of that Cable from the Sasquatch wave). 

I dont really know honestly. He wasnt bad by any means but just didnt seem as good as they could make him. Hopefully if they do redo him, they actually redo him and not just re-release with alt colors. 

I get what you are saying with kitty and MM. I didnt really think of them being hard to get but any wave seems like that after a year or two. Im sure green and yellow MM is bound to happen, I mean they had shown that version of him years ago during the dark days so its def in their line of sight. 

38 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Was there a Wolverine line in the '90s with distinct packaging?

I remember they said they wanted to do specific Retro lines based on characters who never got any like Thor as well as other characters 

Niiiiice! I've been waiting for Cyber for a while now. Glad to see it didn't get the BAF treatment as it didn't need it. I think the Omega Red buck woulda been more suited for it rather than the Colossus buck, but at the OR buck was already occupied by the re-issue of that character, it's not that bad. Of course, this means Cyber and AoA Sabretooth will now incorrectly be bigger than Warpath (who shoulda been done on the Titus buck), but sense when has Hasbro really taken that kinda detail into consideration. 

I'm excited to get Cyber, but this is pretty disappointing re-use. He's about a foot shorter than Colossus and like 1.5 times as wide, so using Colossus as the base-body, rather than just for the arms, is kind of a bummer. He does look good, though! I wish he had some stubble or something.

21 minutes ago, tarot said:

Highly doubt it is the end but we will see. 

His post would def suggest as much at least for now. These def could just be 5 random fan channel exclusives probably on retro cards as opposed to an actual wave. If there is more to be revealed at a later date then this is likely a regular BAF wave cause I doubt Hasbro would stop short of just one reveal for a Retro wave.

The presence of Omega Red with such minor changes from the previous version makes it really hard for me to believe this is a wave that would include a BAF. Obviously, companies like Hasbro are not immune to pulling tricks to get every last dime out of their customers, but this is not a corrected Omega Red. Nothing was wrong with the first one; he's just been repainted to look more like the animated series version and given an extra head. That's barely an upgrade; it's a lateral move. To then force collectors to buy him again in order to complete a new BAF would be a truly shitty thing to pull. So I think they're going to be retro-carded non-BAF figures, either exclusives or 5/6 of a retro wave as others have suggested.

9 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

The presence of Omega Red with such minor changes from the previous version makes it really hard for me to believe this is a wave that would include a BAF. Obviously, companies like Hasbro are not immune to pulling tricks to get every last dime out of their customers, but this is not a corrected Omega Red. Nothing was wrong with the first one; he's just been repainted to look more like the animated series version and given an extra head. That's barely an upgrade; it's a lateral move. To then force collectors to buy him again in order to complete a new BAF would be a truly shitty thing to pull. So I think they're going to be retro-carded non-BAF figures, either exclusives or 5/6 of a retro wave as others have suggested.

Retro waves have always been 6 figures so I doubt they would just decide to do a 5 figure wave all of a sudden. I agree the figures scream Retro Cardback which says to me random fan channel and or store exclusives individually released figures. It would suck but not out of the realm of possibility these could all be Target exclusives similar to Gambit and Rogue.

They arent really specifying any of the figures being tied to any kind of wave so could these all be distributed differently? Like some are for a future baf wave and some be part of a multi pack or a retro wave down the line? They all do seem to have a theme together so it does seem like theyd all be a part of the same wave but who knows? Btw that classic domino and cannonball are confirmed to be a 2 pack together right? I forget since they were randomly shown as well. 

3 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

They arent really specifying any of the figures being tied to any kind of wave so could these all be distributed differently? Like some are for a future baf wave and some be part of a multi pack or a retro wave down the line? They all do seem to have a theme together so it does seem like theyd all be a part of the same wave but who knows? Btw that classic domino and cannonball are confirmed to be a 2 pack together right? I forget since they were randomly shown as well. 

Yes that is a confirmed 2-pack.

3 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I predict one more surprise. I know how these guys like to give us one more cliffhanger. I'm betting we'll see a Spiral or Longshot figure by weeks end.

Well it makes sense today was the last finishing off with the biggest Marvel Legends Youtuber out there to do the final reveal. So I am not really expecting anything more this week.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Well it makes sense today was the last finishing off with the biggest Marvel Legends Youtuber out there to do the final reveal. So I am not really expecting anything more this week.

Dan’s tweet an hour ago seems to imply there will in fact be another reveal tomorrow. It’s subtle, and potentially a misdirect, but that’s how I read it.