Emnems80

I have not gotten a classic (red suit) Daredevil figure for my collection yet. I can't decide which one best represents this look, the Hobgoblin wave or the Defenders box set283325075_Marvel-Legends-Daredevil-And-Elektra26__scaled_800.thumb.jpg.3ea6a087e6afc7917dd48d40c7057242.jpg version. Which one should I get? Or should I wait for an updated version? I kind of hope it will be rereleased using the retro Spidey buck. And if that ends up happening which paint app version should be used?

I am a personal fan of the Defenders Box set, I like the wash on the figure, it gives it a less shiny plastic look, I do think either one though works, I just prefer Defenders box set, I also think you can find that whole box easier then finding that Hobgoblin wave DD at this point, plus that box is great, you get a Comic JJ, Comic Cage, and a not so awesome IMO Iron fist.

I have the yellow one and the dark red one from the Hobgoblin wave (which I paid too much for, in my opinion). Of all of them, I think the Defenders color scheme is my favorite and that's the one I would get if I had to. Like others, though, I'm really hoping for a remake with a new, improved buck.

Easily my favorite Daredevil, though, is the retro 3.75". I love the colors on this one; just turn this into a six inch Legends figure and I'd be happy.

spacer.png

No love for the armored version? My favorite is the Goblin wave DD, with the ‘action’  batons stolen from the Black suited DD..

As a personal preference I try to get all of a favorite characters signature looks. I’ve got all the ones in your picture plus armored and I called it quits on DD.

Only need Astonishing version of Wolverine ( but dang it if they don’t sucker me in every time.. loved the recent Tri Sentinel version, and that shirtless one has surprising charm).

Iron Man may never be completed.. same with Spidey or Cap.

15 minutes ago, McHogan said:

No love for the armored version? My favorite is the Goblin wave DD, with the ‘action’  batons stolen from the Black suited DD..

As a personal preference I try to get all of a favorite characters signature looks. I’ve got all the ones in your picture plus armored and I called it quits on DD.

Only need Astonishing version of Wolverine ( but dang it if they don’t sucker me in every time.. loved the recent Tri Sentinel version, and that shirtless one has surprising charm).

Iron Man may never be completed.. same with Spidey or Cap.

Yeah I guess a ton of people don't really consider Armored DD a really essential look for him, I love that figure it looks really good, I think it's that some people are familair with the Armored look , because they remember when they were younger him wearing that outfit, and I suppose many who were not into comics at the point he wore it are kinda like....huh, for the longest period of time it was my favorite DD look, it still may be, but I also just love as you do, the classic looks they are the most important to me, and I guess that's not a classic look in less you grew up in the 90's I loved that Armored suit arc and the whole Hellspawn Daredevil..man if they made a figure of that!

I think we gonna get new Classic DD in next 2 years, if you need one right now I would go with Hobgoblin wave but boxset is fine too as long as it isn't crazy expensive, yet ironically the best ML Daredevil is still Spider-Man retro DD. If anything, I believe Hasbro should do new pin less male body with butterfly joints that can properly fit Daredevil body type that is taller and more muscular than Spidey, which then can be reused for Iron fist. 

13 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

I have not gotten a classic (red suit) Daredevil figure for my collection yet. I can't decide which one best represents this look, the Hobgoblin wave or the Defenders box set283325075_Marvel-Legends-Daredevil-And-Elektra26__scaled_800.thumb.jpg.3ea6a087e6afc7917dd48d40c7057242.jpg version. Which one should I get? Or should I wait for an updated version? I kind of hope it will be rereleased using the retro Spidey buck. And if that ends up happening which paint app version should be used?

Out of the 4 depicted here, the classic (3rd) one is my fave. I think you'd be good with either all-red version though. At the same time I wouldnt be surprised if an updated figure on a new buck came out. 

What I would like to see for all the figures is butterfly joints for the shoulders. Especially for those characters that are supposed to be more "athletic/agile" like the Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Fist, of course Spider-Man, etc. It really made the Moon Knight outstanding (though he shouldve been a bit bigger) and is perfection on the Falcon. So many more flying poses now available!

The longer the line goes on, the more improvements can potentially be made. The Sunfire mold is a vast improvement over the "buckycap" mold, although its a bit shorter as some have pointed out. It looks fantastic and is one of the best for posing. I think its just perfect for Spider-Man and Iron Fist for example, but a tad bigger version would be best for the likes of Daredevil, Falcon, Moon Knight, Black Panther as these are supposed to be just bigger guys, if we go by the comics. So a larger Sunfire pinless mold used for Daredevil would be excellent. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...