Rank the retailer!

Dabboi

Simple, rank the following retailers based on generally how easy it is to find an exclusive with them. This doesn't have to be exclusively Legends.

Walmart
Target
Gamestop/EB Games
Walgreens
Best Buy
Amazon
Pulse

For me; my area of Southern Ohio tends to have awful distribution. Every retailer is generally pretty barren, in my experience. So, I'm pretty sour on exclusives in general.

EB Games - 9 , EB games is fantastic here in Canada, super collector friendly, and stock as best as possible.

Target  Toys R Us (generally Target exclusives are TRU exclusive here in Canada) - 6  , it can be really easy in case of storm x thunderbird or so damn hard you want to cry g.i. joe cobra island, or medium crying like red hulk

Walgreens see EB Games

Best Buy - I dunno, I guess 10 since I only bought one (star wars black series), and it was for a friend and it was really easy to get.

Amazon - You either get it easy (alpha flight) or not at all (g.i. joe arctic storm shadow) so 5

Pulse - 7 (if I want to pay US prices and 20$ shipping , it seems fairly decent)

Walmart - 2 (stalfart sucks so much in Canada you wouldn't believe it)

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

EB Games - 9 , EB games is fantastic here in Canada, super collector friendly, and stock as best as possible.

Target  Toys R Us (generally Target exclusives are TRU exclusive here in Canada) - 6  , it can be really easy in case of storm x thunderbird or so damn hard you want to cry g.i. joe cobra island, or medium crying like red hulk

Walgreens see EB Games

Best Buy - I dunno, I guess 10 since I only bought one (star wars black series), and it was for a friend and it was really easy to get.

Amazon - You either get it easy (alpha flight) or not at all (g.i. joe arctic storm shadow) so 5

Pulse - 7 (if I want to pay US prices and 20$ shipping , it seems fairly decent)

Walmart - 2 (stalfart sucks so much in Canada you wouldn't believe it)

Gamestop exclusives in the US are fairly easy to get, Walgreens is a pain since we can't order online.

My Walmart has 10 Gwenpools that they just won't clearance out, so I imagine the cases of every wave since is in the backroom

1 hour ago, Dabboi said:

Gamestop exclusives in the US are fairly easy to get, Walgreens is a pain since we can't order online.

My Walmart has 10 Gwenpools that they just won't clearance out, so I imagine the cases of every wave since is in the backroom

Yeah Gamestop seems to rarely even get exclusives though, I can only off my head think of as recent being Outback Hulk, and that Infinity War IM, Doc Strange Thanos 3pack and MCU Ronin, I forgot they even had any.

Yeah seems Walgreens over there is messing things up royally with their exclusives, and they get a lot and good ones, over here Walgreens exclusives come to EB and they seem to be on the damn ball, seems like Walgreens exclusives are actually Canadian exclusives these days (ahAHAHA!), but Yeah here Walmarts rarely stock legends inless you go out of the city to "super" stores, normal Walmarts in Canada don't even for the most part stock legends anymore it's madness, my local Walmart hasn't gotten a figure since 2018, so at least you guys have Walmarts that have legends, I can go to 7 Walmarts in a row and none will guaranteed even have a legend on a peg.

I would say Amazon is easiest since you just order online, and they generally are in stock for quite  awhile

fan channel stuff is similar and usually easy to get from either GameStop, Amazon or even Best Buy 

Target is probably the brick & mortar chain I’ve had the easiest time finding exclusives 

next is Walgreens ( nova notwithstanding) although it seems like they are stocking fewer and fewer MLs in general. Mostly I’ve had luck finding their exclusives and sometimes they end up at other e-tailers  later on such as Dani moonstar and the stepford cuckoos 

walmart is the worst as they often never arrive at local stores or arrive months later than expected, and may never be restocked once their initial shipment (often just a case) sells out. Also factor in cancelled preorders, and the frustration of seeing exclusives go on clearance for $2 elsewhere (the black widow exclusive) that never show up at your own store 

I've always had better luck securing exclusives (and figures in general) through online retailers than physical stores, probably because my region of New England is pretty small and economically depressed.

1. Pulse - even though it often takes longer to get my figures from HasbroPulse, so far they have been reliable and never cancel an order
  2. Amazon - easy and pretty quick, but sometimes unreliable 
  3. Gamestop - my closest GameStop always gets exclusives in stock, I've just never wanted those particular figures
  4. Walgreens - from 2017 until 2020 I could always find exclusives at Walgreens, even if I had to travel to a few different stores; I think Moon Knight was the last one they ever put on the shelf though; I never saw Iron Man 2020 or any of this year's cosmic exclusives in stores
  5. Target - I've had some success ordering exclusives through Target's website, though sometimes they sell out and I have to wait for the second stocking
  6. Walmart - I saw the Worthy Captain America in store once and the 80th anniversary Cap once, which may have been luck; I don't think I've ever seen any other exclusives in store
  7. Best Buy - I've seen Legends at Best Buy but never bought one; I'm not even sure which figures are exclusive to BB

RSo many factors depend of the store. For example, I feel it’s been pure luck that I found the 80th Cap and Worthy Cap moments after they were put on shelves. I say luck because, yes, I found them easily but NEVER saw them on shelves again.

My closest Best Buy’s and Walgreens haven’t restocked new Legends since late year. Target hasn’t figured their exclusives game out yet as I never saw the Spidey/ MJ or Iron Man/ Iron Spidey in stores, Red Hulk and War Machine I had to travel well outside my normal stomping grounds then Storm / Thunderbird and Marvels Katy they cant give away.

GameStop is similar to Target. Only Saw Doom retro once, never saw Venom.. passed on their upcharge for Cowboy Wolverine and white Venom but oddly (?) found both at Meijers on clearance.

Amazon is hit or miss on whether or not they destroy the package or it arrives pristine. 

Pulse arrives nicely packed but way to late for my “need it now” mentality 

so my rank goes as follows with the above conditions taken into consideration:

1. Amazon

2. Target

3. Pulse

4. Walmart

5. GameStop

6/7 (tie for nearly having zero new product) Best Buy, Walgreens

1. Amazon: Hit or miss for me, especially lately when it seems like you either order the figure right away or you don't get it at retail price.  But undeniably the easiest to actually buy a specific figure from.

2. Gamestop: My local stores always have stock, not always the newest stuff, but it's really the extra couple bucks price hike that drops them down for me.  

3. Pulse: Went from the fastest way to get figures to the absolute slowest, but other than that they've been good.

4. Best Buy: I've seen a few odds and ends here, but never anything I'm actually trying to find, it's usually ones that were two per case from a few waves back, but considering that they don't actively seem to seek out exclusives and then not actually carry them I'll cut Best Buy some slack.

5. Walmart and Target: They're both awful, it's just a question of which one is worse at the moment, they often trade places at my local stores.  Right now Target hasn't had any new figures on the pegs for months, but three/four months ago, that was Walmart. Exclusives are always a crapshoot, and to top it off neither actually cares much about the product, just the hype it creates. Both websites are terrible, but I'd say if it were only based on their websites Walmart would win it.

6. Walgreens: The same Namor and Gwenpool on the shelf for years, at both locations.  Haven't seen an exclusive in store since Medusa, and never consistently before her.  Don't even get me started on their website.  Walgreens exclusives are always eBay exclusives in disguise.