Possible re-releases of previous Build-a-figures

Hogun

Which Build-a-figure would you like to see re-released as a repaint/retool? To make the list realistic, the Build-a-figure must have been released before August 2019, unless it is a popular character with high demand such as Kingpin.

From an unbiased standpoint: Vulture wings, I can see him re-released in a 2-pack with the tech suit Spider-Man or they can release him with an MCU Shocker and a Michael Keaton head.

Warlock: I own both of these BAFs and in terms of sculpt and paint wash. Warlock is Hasbro's best work and I would love to see more people own him. Every part of the figure is entirely sculpted with a really nice detailed paint wash.

Mantis: Hasbro did us dirty by releasing her as a BAF and I want her in my MCU display.

Okoye: I sold my BAF and I wish Hasbro did an updated re-released version with extra interchangeable hands and a better face and brighter paint.

Rhino: This one is for all the Spider-Man collectors out there. You should not have to pay 100$ for a prominent character such as him.

Space Knight Venom:I would love to own this version of Venom. He has a cool design and I want a Flash Thompson VENOM in my collection. Not Anti-Venom.

Sandman: Hasbro should re-release him with even more sand constructs and interchangeable hands. I do not collect a lot of Spider-Man figures, but he is one figure I would love to own because of how fun he looks.

Sauron: An X-Men villain I wish was not in a Deadpool wave. I really regret not owning him or trying to buy his parts. Hey if anyone has the torso, left wing (X-23) or left leg (Lady Deadpool).

There are a handful of build-a-figures that I never completed that I would love to have, and it would be a lot simple to buy as a re-released one-off or exclusive instead of finding the missing pieces on eBay or in the wild.

• Man-Thing: I love the character, and the figure. There isn't really anything I would change to the Man-Thing BAF so as long as the repaint didn't ruin anything, bring him on.
  • Arnim Zola: I know he got a release in the 2-pack with Hydra Cap, but I prefer the traditional, classic color scheme. I'd be thrilled if they released him again in his iconic look.
  • The Abomination: since this guy was released as a BAF and then repainted for the Vault box set (and an alternate Abomination BAF was done of the video game), I kind of doubt this will happen soon. More likely he'd get repainted blue and released as A-Bomb from the World War Hulks saga. But I would love a genuine Abomination re-release, maybe with an alternate head showcasing his modern look in Immortal Hulk.
  • Absorbing Man: another version that looked pretty much exactly how I wanted in the BAF, so I wouldn't want him repainted in anyway too drastically. Maybe he could have a new arm with the red gamma effect he uses in Immortal Hulk; maybe he could be released in a pack with Titania.
  • Sandman: I'm torn; on the one hand, I really want this guy and I'm missing his arms from the BAF. On the other hand, I've never liked how large he is, using the same buck as Absorbing Man. Seems way too big for Sandman to me, but I don't know if they'll ever redo him on a smaller scale, so until then, yes please release him again.
  • Rhino: same situation; I would prefer him smaller, like the size of the Walgreens Thing. But as I don't know if that's a realistic wish, I would take a re-release of the BAF.
  • Super-Skrull: I know he's more recent than 2019, but I would like a Super-Skrull repainted in brighter colors, brighter purples and greens; and hopefully some Skrull soldiers in similar colors will follow soon.

I already have him but I would love a ginormous retro-carded 616 Apocalypse (AOA Apocalypse is weaksauce).

Ditto Onslaught. I recently saw pics of him online (I've got him on my shelf but he's posed all the way in the back that I rarely see him) but he's such an underrated figure. Not sure if Adam Kubert came up with his comic design, or if it was Joe Mad! but he's a good-looking and imposing character. Not sure about that beetle/corrugated cape in the back though lol

Imagine getting these two in Kingpin-sized Retro packaging!

My X-Men heavy list in order of priority:

1. Sauron. I'm not interested in any of the individual figures in this wave and would really like this villain.

2. Holocaust. I really like the AoA story. Maybe they will update him with better joints.

3. Onslaught. This seems like it would be a difficult figure to complete since it is spread over multiple waves.

4. Shadow King: Ditto.

5. Warlock: I have a few pieces and might try to finish it in the secondary market.

6. Terrax: I have a few of these as well. I only like him because I had the old 90's FF figure and he looks cool.

If I only got the first two I would be satisfied.

6 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I already have him but I would love a ginormous retro-carded 616 Apocalypse (AOA Apocalypse is weaksauce).

Ditto Onslaught. I recently saw pics of him online (I've got him on my shelf but he's posed all the way in the back that I rarely see him) but he's such an underrated figure. Not sure if Adam Kubert came up with his comic design, or if it was Joe Mad! but he's a good-looking and imposing character. Not sure about that beetle/corrugated cape in the back though lol

Imagine getting these two in Kingpin-sized Retro packaging!

What's wrong with AOA Apocalypse? 

4 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm actually surprised they haven't gotten the deluxe treatment yet, as well as the Apocalypse BAF...

Yeah, of course Hasbro has stated that in order for a BAF to be considered for Deluxe treatment, they have to think of ways of making it different. At least with Sandman, they could add more weapons and even some sandy feet parts.

I'm on the Abomination opinion conga line lol, but i do confess i would love to see a deluxe release of Dormammu as well, sure it's already twice the same big Dormammu yes i'll give it that, but i will say so since i never complete Build-a-figures or get exclusive sets, so yeah a Dormammu deluxe figure would do for me if Hasbro ever gets to it.

15 hours ago, Hogun said:

Sauron: An X-Men villain I wish was not in a Deadpool wave. I really regret not owning him or trying to buy his parts. Hey if anyone has the torso, left wing (X-23) or left leg (Lady Deadpool).

I have the leg you need, and can easily can get the torso if you need it, since my shop still has underwear Deadpool in stock. I don't think I have the wing, but I can check our loose BAF parts stock. Got any Demogoblin or Crimson Dynamo parts for trade? Or Venompool arms?

15 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

What's wrong with AOA Apocalypse? 

I don't expect people to agree with me but I think the screaming head looks ridiculous and the cape looks misshapen. It's like someone mucked up the 3D fabric material in ZBrush and submitted the wrong file. They did the same thing with Blink's loin cloth lol. Also, my figure barely stands up.

I personally think the recent Apocalypse BAF is one of their best.

8 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I don't expect people to agree with me but I think the screaming head looks ridiculous and the cape looks misshapen. It's like someone mucked up the 3D fabric material in ZBrush and submitted the wrong file. They did the same thing with Blink's loin cloth lol. Also, my figure barely stands up.

I personally think the recent Apocalypse BAF is one of their best.

I see. I hadn't noticed about the cape. I will have to look at mine.

I thought the recent BAF was too detailed. I liked the Toy-Biz BAF (though he is too big) because his costume is so simple.

Diff'rent strokes....