Jump to content

Ideal wave: AOA Wave 3


tarot
 Share

Recommended Posts

We have gotten 2 waves (and a deluxe) of the AOA universe and Hasbro has marked off a good chunk of the characters from that universe. However, there are so many more that we need. Okay, yeah. The likelihood of us getting a third wave is very low but this is just for fun so F it. Who do you want as part of a Third wave of AOA figures.

Remember no less then 6 but no more then 7. It is very rare that Hasbro does more then seven but it will always be at least 6.

PS: Im proud of the fact I got 6 out of 8 of wave 2 right - https://nearcompleteset.com/2020/07/01/ideal-wave-age-of-apocalypse-wave-and-more/

For me it's

  • Nightcrawler
  • Gambit
  • Quicksilver
  • Storm
  • Havok
  • Sinister
  • Banshee
  • BAF: Holocaust

Kurt_Darkholme_(Earth-295)_from_Uncanny_500x0_941-9415633_gambit-png.pngquicksilverapoc442.jpg8175cacc457c8026be9590f47db899e1.jpg298625-111787-havok.jpg2af9e94fdf8b962c2832ed0af30c00df.jpg57eb3e2cfed26d87af6be227fff9d334.jpg141864-47009-holocaust.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cannonball
Forge
Havok
Madri
Nightcrawler
Sinister
Storm
BAF: Amazon

I also really want Holocaust, obviously, but I feel like he could be in a 616 wave more easily than most of the others. I also realize that the existence of Iceman and Storm sort of begs for Banshee, Dazzler, Exodus, and Quicksilver, but I was just never all that thrilled with most of their Age of Apocalypse designs. I guess Banshee would be my pick if we had to switch one of them in. I don't really care about Gambit or the X-Ternals, but I'd also love to find room for at least Chamber and Husk, if not the rest of the Generation Next crew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Five out of Eight wasn't bad last time

On 3/9/2021 at 4:48 PM, leokearon said:

My list would be

  1. Sabretooth - We have Wild Child we need someone to keep him in check
  2. Magento - How can you do an AOA wave with the leader of the X-men
  3. Rogue -  Another no brainer really
  4. Cyclops - If there is no Wolverine (or even if there is one) in a wave there is usually a Cyclops
  5. Exodus - he hasn't gotten a figure in any form yet
  6. Shadowcat - Interesting look and she did turn up in Secret Wars 2015
  7. Infinite - Why not have a AOA Army builder
  8. BAF - Holocaust/Nemesis 

 

So hopefully a similair result this time would be nice:

  1. Exodus
  2. Infinite
  3. Havok
  4. Sinister
  5. Nightcrawler
  6. Dazzler
  7. Sonique
  8. BAF: Holocaust
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, nieman257 said:

i think they definitely do Nightcrawler, but do they do the X-Force version? Sinister is another that has a great chance.

How different is the X-Force version from the original? My preference is to the original. I would think that if they do make Nightcrawler, they could later release the X-Force version in a vintage wave or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, tarot said:

We have gotten 2 waves (and a deluxe) of the AOA universe and Hasbro has marked off a good chunk of the characters from that universe. However, there are so many more that we need. Okay, yeah. The likelihood of us getting a third wave is very low but this is just for fun so F it. Who do you want as part of a Third wave of AOA figures.

Remember no less then 6 but no more then 7. It is very rare that Hasbro does more then seven but it will always be at least 6.

PS: Im proud of the fact I got 6 out of 8 of wave 2 right - https://nearcompleteset.com/2020/07/01/ideal-wave-age-of-apocalypse-wave-and-more/

For me it's

  • Nightcrawler
  • Gambit
  • Quicksilver
  • Storm
  • Havok
  • Sinister
  • Banshee
  • BAF: Holocaust

Kurt_Darkholme_(Earth-295)_from_Uncanny_500x0_941-9415633_gambit-png.pngquicksilverapoc442.jpg8175cacc457c8026be9590f47db899e1.jpg298625-111787-havok.jpg2af9e94fdf8b962c2832ed0af30c00df.jpg57eb3e2cfed26d87af6be227fff9d334.jpg141864-47009-holocaust.jpg

I like all of those options. Good mix of good and bad guys. Nearly completes Amazing X-Men. X-Calibre and X-Ternals have yet to be represented yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, tarot said:

We have gotten 2 waves (and a deluxe) of the AOA universe and Hasbro has marked off a good chunk of the characters from that universe. However, there are so many more that we need. Okay, yeah. The likelihood of us getting a third wave is very low but this is just for fun so F it. Who do you want as part of a Third wave of AOA figures.

Remember no less then 6 but no more then 7. It is very rare that Hasbro does more then seven but it will always be at least 6.

PS: Im proud of the fact I got 6 out of 8 of wave 2 right - https://nearcompleteset.com/2020/07/01/ideal-wave-age-of-apocalypse-wave-and-more/

For me it's

  • Nightcrawler
  • Gambit
  • Quicksilver
  • Storm
  • Havok
  • Sinister
  • Banshee
  • BAF: Holocaust

Kurt_Darkholme_(Earth-295)_from_Uncanny_500x0_941-9415633_gambit-png.pngquicksilverapoc442.jpg8175cacc457c8026be9590f47db899e1.jpg298625-111787-havok.jpg2af9e94fdf8b962c2832ed0af30c00df.jpg57eb3e2cfed26d87af6be227fff9d334.jpg141864-47009-holocaust.jpg

Love this lineup. Maybe swap out Quicksilver for Bishop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I actually don't care if they do a AOA wave 3, I honestly love the AOA story, but I am kinda cool with not having more whole waves dedicated to them, I'd be totally into having AOA variants of characters showing up in X-Men waves, whole waves of AOA figures have kinda lost my interest, I don't really care for most of the looks of the characters we have not seen, sure there are a few characters I'd like to see like obviously Nemesis, it would be nice to see Abyss, Amazon would be rad, Omega Red would be cool, Damask I'd love, I can't think of much Except I;d love Generation Next, but really I'd just love if we could get Generation X, which bugs me we don;t even have that team building at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah. I'm happy with what they have released, and agree they could include future characters in regular waves since some of those characters are in the main continuity.

I think it would get harder to not want more if they kept doing more. If they did Gambit, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Exodus, they will would have started three new teams. How could fans not also want Sunfire, Switchback, and Dazzler. If we get them, how could we not also NEED Madri and Infinites?

At some point that train will have to sail and maybe earlier is better? Or maybe they could do two- or three-packs in the future. They seem to like doing those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2022 at 5:18 PM, Chunkylover said:

Yeah. I'm happy with what they have released, and agree they could include future characters in regular waves since some of those characters are in the main continuity.

I think it would get harder to not want more if they kept doing more. If they did Gambit, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Exodus, they will would have started three new teams. How could fans not also want Sunfire, Switchback, and Dazzler. If we get them, how could we not also NEED Madri and Infinites?

At some point that train will have to sail and maybe earlier is better? Or maybe they could do two- or three-packs in the future. They seem to like doing those.

We already have Sunfire

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 4:14 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I actually don't care if they do a AOA wave 3, I honestly love the AOA story, but I am kinda cool with not having more whole waves dedicated to them, I'd be totally into having AOA variants of characters showing up in X-Men waves, whole waves of AOA figures have kinda lost my interest, I don't really care for most of the looks of the characters we have not seen, sure there are a few characters I'd like to see like obviously Nemesis, it would be nice to see Abyss, Amazon would be rad, Omega Red would be cool, Damask I'd love, I can't think of much Except I;d love Generation Next, but really I'd just love if we could get Generation X, which bugs me we don;t even have that team building at this point.

This is more or less how I feel too. The only character I feel like I still need is Havok. There are loads of others I’d like, but I don’t need them all at once, and I definitely don’t need them taking up a whole wave and slowing down Destiny, Spiral, and armoured Psylocke’s arrivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, Benn said:

This is more or less how I feel too. The only character I feel like I still need is Havok. There are loads of others I’d like, but I don’t need them all at once, and I definitely don’t need them taking up a whole wave and slowing down Destiny, Spiral, and armoured Psylocke’s arrivals.

Yeah this is probably the most significant reason I don't really think I care for more AOA waves, it just takes waves away from more standard X waves, which they still have plenty of characters to give us, and can sprinkle some AOA characters in, just don't need full waves dedicated to AOA, 2 was 2 many.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2022 at 9:40 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah this is probably the most significant reason I don't really think I care for more AOA waves, it just takes waves away from more standard X waves, which they still have plenty of characters to give us, and can sprinkle some AOA characters in, just don't need full waves dedicated to AOA, 2 was 2 many.

I personally loved getting AoA, I was just disappointed in the execution in a lot of the figures (looking at you Cyclops!).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2022 at 7:09 AM, Chunkylover said:

Really? I haven't gotten Cyclops yet. What is his problem? I was looking forward to getting him. I just picked up Sabertooth and he's pretty cool. 

Just a very cheap figure. Everything new on him is pretty good, there's just not enough new things on him to be excellent. The body is just a plain blue bucky cap. No boots, it looks like a blue adult onesie. And Hasbro kind of messed up his hairline on the head sculpt. It would have been ten times better if they had just molded a mirror image of Rictor's hair and put it on this Cyclops's head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 5:06 AM, Emnems80 said:

Just a very cheap figure. Everything new on him is pretty good, there's just not enough new things on him to be excellent. The body is just a plain blue bucky cap. No boots, it looks like a blue adult onesie. And Hasbro kind of messed up his hairline on the head sculpt. It would have been ten times better if they had just molded a mirror image of Rictor's hair and put it on this Cyclops's head.

I see. Too bad. I really like that version. It looks like artists differed on his boot color, some yellow some blue/black. They definitely should be boots, though. Oh well. They had to cut costs somewhere. 

Rictor's hair is really well done. I had the 90's version as a kid and the upper body, head, and hair were all one molded piece. It was so bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 7:16 AM, Chunkylover said:

I see. Too bad. I really like that version. It looks like artists differed on his boot color, some yellow some blue/black. They definitely should be boots, though. Oh well. They had to cut costs somewhere. 

I wish Hasbro had just reused the HoX Cyclops boots.

Lots of questionable choices for the whole wave. I was also upset in the Magneto fig, I felt like he should have had the purple underwear.

The Iceman could have been iconic but the colors don't match up, the blue is way too dark on parts of the body. I wished the whole fig was a lighter blue so it looked like the digital render.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2022 at 4:37 AM, Emnems80 said:

I wish Hasbro had just reused the HoX Cyclops boots.

Lots of questionable choices for the whole wave. I was also upset in the Magneto fig, I felt like he should have had the purple underwear.

The Iceman could have been iconic but the colors don't match up, the blue is way too dark on parts of the body. I wished the whole fig was a lighter blue so it looked like the digital render.

I knew Magneto should have more read on him. I didn't realize he had too much.

Iceman does look too blue. It is a miss. I still think it looks cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2022 at 4:05 AM, Chunkylover said:

I knew Magneto should have more read on him. I didn't realize he had too much.

Not much, his suit was pretty much the same as the 616 timeline, just his cape was red instead of purple.

And I realized I made a mistake about Cyclops. There weren't boots on the HoX version. I must have been thinking about his wrist gauntlets. 🤦

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE