First In-Hand Images For The Hasbro Marvel Legends Iron Man Ursa Major Build-A-Figure Wave

JayC

I would rather have any other figure instead of this movie sculpt hologram iron man, hasbro team was even saying it was challenging to make it, Tony Stark in suit would be way better than this. Modular Iron Man does look promising in terms of Metallic colors so if he’s really that  shiny irl  I definitely will get him along with must have Ultron. Darkstar was always on my list but seeing  they didn’t give her yellow stripes is missed opportunity. 

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I would rather have any other figure instead of this movie sculpt hologram iron man, hasbro team was even saying it was challenging to make it, Tony Stark in suit would be way better than this. Modular Iron Man does look promising in terms of Metallic colors so if he’s really that  shiny irl  I definitely will get him along with must have Ultron. Darkstar was always on my list but seeing  they didn’t give her yellow stripes is missed opportunity. 

I would love it if Hasbro made a Tony Stark figure using the Nick Fury mold with different alternate heads adapting the looks from different artists and eras (kinda like that one Alfred figure). They could also take the briefcase accessory and put flattened Iron Man armor parts inside.

3 hours ago, ADour said:

I would love it if Hasbro made a Tony Stark figure using the Nick Fury mold with different alternate heads adapting the looks from different artists and eras (kinda like that one Alfred figure). They could also take the briefcase accessory and put flattened Iron Man armor parts inside.

That would be a nice figure

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Yeah, a villain would have been nice.

With still a number of Iron Man armor suits to go, Fantasma, Vostok, Vanguard, Crimson Dynamo, Red Widow (and Titanium Man as BAF) could be used for the next two Iron Man waves. And some black energy effects. Sure, Darkstar shouldve come with them already but there's no law that says they can't be added later. 

Also, the Winter Guard members could show up in a Captain America or Hulk wave too. 

wg.jpg

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

With still a number of Iron Man armor suits to go, Fantasma, Vostok, Vanguard, Crimson Dynamo, Red Widow (and Titanium Man as BAF) could be used for the next two Iron Man waves. And some black energy effects. Sure, Darkstar shouldve come with them already but there's no law that says they can't be added later. 

Also, the Winter Guard members could show up in a Captain America or Hulk wave too. 

wg.jpg

Not familiar with Fantasma  & Red Widow definitely want all the others listed though. Perun is another member that would be cool to see in figure form.

We have some more in-hand images for the upcoming Modular Iron Man figure which is part of the Iron Man themed Ursa Major Build-A-Figure which is seemingly starting to see limited release. These images which come via the auction site Mercari give us out best in-hand look to date at what might be one of the most eagerly anticipated figures in the wave. It looks like this one ships 2 per case and Hasbro has made indications we might see a Capcom video game repaint version show up later on in an Iron Man Retro Cardback wave. The entire wave includes the following:

-Modular Iron Man figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects

-Vault Guardsman figure
2 Pairs of hands
Pistol
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Stealth Iron Man figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Hologram Iron Man figure
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Ultron figure
2 Pairs of hands
Extra right hand
Effect piece
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Ironheart figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
2 Blast effects
2 Smoke effects
Ursa Major BAF piece

-Darkstar figure
3 Pairs of hands
Ursa Major BAF piece

You can pre-order these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Check out the images below.

Modular-Iron-Man-01.jpg

Modular-Iron-Man-02.jpg

Modular-Iron-Man-03.jpg

Modular-Iron-Man-04.jpg

Modular-Iron-Man-05.jpg

2 hours ago, JayC said:
It looks like this one ships 2 per case and Hasbro has made indications we might see a Capcom video game repaint version show up later on in an Iron Man Retro Cardback wave. The entire wave includes the following:

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

More than likely

Do we think there's a real likelihood of that happening in the next year or two? Because if the chances are good, I might cancel my pre-order of this Mod Iron Man and wait for a repaint. And if this one is shipping two per case it might be easier to find this one still at a normal price a year from now.

18 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Do we think there's a real likelihood of that happening in the next year or two? Because if the chances are good, I might cancel my pre-order of this Mod Iron Man and wait for a repaint. And if this one is shipping two per case it might be easier to find this one still at a normal price a year from now.

I think there's a high chance it'll happen next year. I can totally see a window between this release and its retro counterpart similar to the Doctor Doom figure. Plus, Hasbro originally intended for this wave to be a retro wave, so I'd like to imagine they'd like to scratch that itch sooner than later.

6 hours ago, JayC said:
Modular-Iron-Man-03.jpg

I was gonna say, this is my fave figure of the wave. But then there's Ultron. Oh wait we finally get Guardsman. No, no there's the Stealth suit with the red eyes (its not totally accurate but still looks cool). And on and on. Not to mention a bomb BAF. The only way to make that one better would've been to articulate the jaw. 

I really wish they would give the repulsor hands hinge joints, don't know why those are static. And I miss the boot jet molding on the boot treads....other than that, this is really really a great wave. 

4 hours ago, tarot said:

This wave is 4.5/5 stars for me. the only dud is the Hologram but with 4 100% new sculpts something had to be sarcificed.

Mod, Riri, Ultron... who's the fourth? 

2 hours ago, MODADDYDODOK said:

Awesome wave & Love how modulr turned out but gonna pass and wait for the classic rerelease.

Same. I canceled my pre-order for the Mod in hopes that he'll be repainted and re-released.

18 hours ago, tarot said:

This wave is 4.5/5 stars for me. the only dud is the Hologram but with 4 100% new sculpts something had to be sarcificed.

It's a good wave to be sure but, with 3 Iron Men in it, 4.5/5 is a bit much IMO. I think since you're looking at it in the the light of recent waves like Shang-Chi and the upcoming Eternals waves, and the fact that they pulled the trigger on a highly demanded BAF, it's looks a lot better. The 3 IM is what brings it down a notch for me. The Stealth Armor and Modular Armors were a surefire go, but that Holo Armor was a total filler. They could have easily gone for an easy mold re-use, like US Agent, perhaps, or Quake. Oh well, I think a second wave is on the horizon and I think Herc and Tigra and maybe good ol' John Walker would be a perfect fit with a big honkin' Titanium Man BAF.

I'd really love to see the sales data on how this wave sells versus waves like Shang-Chan and the Disney+ wave. The cancellations on the Xemnu wave indicates that at least Amazon underestimated how well that all new/all comic waves would sell. I'm betting this wave would have similar numbers, if a bit smaller due to the redundancy of the star character.