First In-Hand Images For The Hasbro Marvel Legends Iron Man Ursa Major Build-A-Figure Wave

JayC

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

May seem off topic, but I noticed Guardsman has a pistol but no holster.

They really need to make sure every figure that comes with a weapon (gun, sword, etc) has a place to store it.

Which is strange since I don't remember them using guns.

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

May seem off topic, but I noticed Guardsman has a pistol but no holster.

They really need to make sure every figure that comes with a weapon (gun, sword, etc) has a place to store it.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Not off topic at all. It is a legit observation, and guns vs. holsters is a common oversight Hasbro is prone to in the ML line. Though somehow GI Joe Classified seems to get it right.

As far as them carrying guns, I think it's based on a very short time after the Iron Wars where they no longer had access to the repulsor tech. I can't find a picture anywhere online, but I'm almost certain I did see that at one time. Aside from digging through all my old comics I'm just going under the belief that my memory is somewhat accurate.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

They don't. Their armor was created by Stark & incorporates tech from his classic yellow/red armor if I'm not mistaken. So they have very good armor protection, flight capability, 40 ton strength level, can fire repulsor blasts, to name a few.

16 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

They don't. Their armor was created by Stark & incorporates tech from his classic yellow/red armor if I'm not mistaken. So they have very good armor protection, flight capability, 40 ton strength level, can fire repulsor blasts, to name a few.

Well the original armour was created by Stark, the Guardsmen armour was mass produced by Stane and later Hammer, before Tony eventually mass produced them. Like I said, I know about the armour, I just don't remember them ever using guns but as monron999 said, it is possible they did use them for a short time.

2 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Guess I better get to work on another Vanguard custom. I know he became red Guardian but I really liked the costume and Classic Hulk Story Arc he was in.

Vanguard-Marvel-Comics-Hulk-Soviet-Super-Soldiers.jpg

This is a great costume and blue isnt even normally my color. When/if the Legends team gets ahold of it, I hope they'll allow for some slits in the tunic to allow for leg movement. Hope we see him and the rest of the Winter Guard soon, so that he can showcase the awesome power of the overlapping symbols of the Worker’s State. 

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

Off the top of my head, I don't recall them using guns either; you'd think with armor like this, guns would be useless. Over on DC for a time they gave a Green Lantern a gun. Imagine the silliness. 

But really my main thing is, if the figure is given a gun, they need to have a holster for it, even if they aren't normally associated with one.

4 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Off the top of my head, I don't recall them using guns either; you'd think with armor like this, guns would be useless. Over on DC for a time they gave a Green Lantern a gun. Imagine the silliness. 

But really my main thing is, if the figure is given a gun, they need to have a holster for it, even if they aren't normally associated with one.

Just toss the guns in your weapons fodder bin. In the classic "armor wars" issue where Tony infiltrates the vault to nullify all the Guardsmen's armor, he fights with at least 10-12 Guardsmen, not a one was carrying a gun, all used their repulsor beams vs Tony. Even the one that Rhodey fought just utilized his palm blasters.

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Well in the case of Green lantern, Simon Baz was only starting out and had the gun as a sidearm in case the ring would fail. He has now ditched the gun.

Yeah, if you give someone a weapon give it at least somewhere to store it.

Ah Armor Wars. The year this all went down was quite the year of change at Marvel. Captain America was just the Captain, Tony had this Silver Centurion Armor, Hulk was grey, and Spidey was sporting the classic black. Thor was all armored up. If you took a break from comics and came back in this era you’d hardly recognized anyone.

This was the first time I witnessed the rift between Cap and Tony as the Captain arrived at the Vault to try to talk some sense into Tony. Only for Tony to turn on Cap! Riveting !!

Man this was good stuff... this would make a pretty great retro wave

13 hours ago, McHogan said:

Ah Armor Wars. The year this all went down was quite the year of change at Marvel. Captain America was just the Captain, Tony had this Silver Centurion Armor, Hulk was grey, and Spidey was sporting the classic black. Thor was all armored up. If you took a break from comics and came back in this era you’d hardly recognized anyone.

This was the first time I witnessed the rift between Cap and Tony as the Captain arrived at the Vault to try to talk some sense into Tony. Only for Tony to turn on Cap! Riveting !!

Man this was good stuff... this would make a pretty great retro wave

D24FA57B-4554-4B0F-8809-70F217747371.jpeg

Armour Wars or Stark Wars to give it it's actual name but no-one calls it that is a great story. Yeah the 80's were a time of change at Marvel, great pic showing them main changes of that decade.

3 hours ago, DrZarnak said:

This wave is all about Darkstar and Ursa Major for me. With the Titanium Man from Direct coming this summer too, I’ll have my Soviet team complete. I have Crimson Dynamo, Red Guardian, and a kitbashed Perun they’ll be joining.

Yes!! Love the Winter Guard and I'm so excited to get these two figures!! 

As the wave continues to start seeing a limited release, we bring you more in-hand images for Hasbro's new Marvel Legends Iron Man Ursa Major Build-A-Figure Wave. These new images come via la6689 who gives us our best look of the entire wave to date. It should be noted that la6689 had some issues with his Stealth Iron Man figure with it breaking at the crotch section right out of the package. This is not the first time we have heard of this problem with the figure. It's unclear if this will be an issue with all the figures, but you may want to use caustion when you get yours.

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 0.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 30.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 31.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 32.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 33.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 34.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Ursa-Major-BAF-Wave 35.jpg

Damn, this wave looks better and better the more I see of it. Even the scale is right in line. I think the only one that doesn't fall in line is the Holo Armor, but that's just a candy-fication of an MCU figure anyway. The Ultron is the one we've been waiting for for years and I'm so glad they didn't just repurpose the Rescue mold to do RiRi. I predict this wave will be the hands down best seller of the year. Behind the Bring On the Bad Guys wave, anyway. Between the two waves, and the AoA wave to a lesser measure, this year isn't a total loss for us comic fans.

12 minutes ago, Typhis said:

Dang I was hoping that the Hologram Iron man and AI Tony blues matched...That sucks that the didn't try to make it so they would... But why does he look blue in some pictures but the one with the AI head he looks purple???

I'm guessing they adjusted the light source from the camera just to show the difference between the two materials that obviously shoulda been made to match. It's unfortunate they couldn't at least done that, but no big deal to me. I wasn't intent on using this MCU retread in my display anyway. I really don't see the point for a fully holographic Iron Man. Tony Stark yes, but a projection of the armor itself is completely useless. I've warmed up a Ziploc bag and cleared a nice spot in a storage bin especially for this guy.

I agree that this wave looks great. I'm personally most stoked about the new characters Ironheart, Gaurdsman, Ursa Major and Darkstar - but the Iron Men and Ultron are well done also, and I'll be happy to have all in my collection. With that being said I really hope that there is never another wave with 3 versions of the same character in it ever again like they did with Tony in this one - or at least not a BAF wave.