Marvel Comics Presents The Death Of Doctor Strange

JayC

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Personally I could see it being either Wanda or Magik. In universe Wanda is Strange's back-up if he's not available; he has it on his door that if he's not available to call Wanda. Magik served as Strange's apprentice during Bendis's X-men run.

I feel like it will be Wanda given her prominence; but it could go either way. It'll definitely be Wanda, Magik, or Wiccan. I saw someone on Twitter mention Doctor Doom, and that's intriguing.

1 hour ago, Dabboi said:

I feel like it will be Wanda given her prominence; but it could go either way. It'll definitely be Wanda, Magik, or Wiccan. I saw someone on Twitter mention Doctor Doom, and that's intriguing.

Doom is pretty close to Strange in terms of Magic, but we had heroic Doom replacing a hero not too long ago 

50 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Also, isn't Doom joining the Guardians of the Galaxy now/soon?

Yep, he joined the team against whatever threat is in the Last Annihilation; meanwhile Johnny is screwing his fiancé

On 6/8/2021 at 7:08 AM, nWoWolfpack said:

I mean it’s obvious he’s gonna come back, he’s just not gonna be Sorcerer Supreme anymore for a while, and there’s gonna be a new temp one, and he’ll be it again and he’s gonna lose it again to someone else, it’s just a trend with him  

Exactly. And the end result is "why bother buying this comic?"

Dr. Strange is inherently a hard character to get "right". But well after 50 years you'd think they'd have him down by now. The variant "super hero" costumes dont work, never last. Making him more "hip" doesnt work. I've never liked the idea of him getting "demoted"- stepping away, as long as its his choice, and coming back is ok, but it seems to me once he's achieved that "Earth's Sorcerer Supreme" title, he's a lock. At any rate, having him replaced by someone who's much younger and hasn't been studying as long, makes no sense. Its like replacing Fury as SHIELD Director with someone who just hasnt logged as much experience and knowledge as he has. "Talent" only gets you so far. 

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Exactly. And the end result is "why bother buying this comic?"

Dr. Strange is inherently a hard character to get "right". But well after 50 years you'd think they'd have him down by now. The variant "super hero" costumes dont work, never last. Making him more "hip" doesnt work. I've never liked the idea of him getting "demoted"- stepping away, as long as its his choice, and coming back is ok, but it seems to me once he's achieved that "Earth's Sorcerer Supreme" title, he's a lock. At any rate, having him replaced by someone who's much younger and hasn't been studying as long, makes no sense. Its like replacing Fury as SHIELD Director with someone who just hasnt logged as much experience and knowledge as he has. "Talent" only gets you so far. 

That makes too much sense. We all know that word & Marvel comics don't go together.

On 6/9/2021 at 6:23 AM, ADour said:

You... you do realize push for legacy characters has been rolled back for years, right? Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, Bruce Banner and Logan are all the main Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk and Wolverine, respectively. And Immortal Hulk starring Bruce Banner has been one of the most critically acclaimed books in recent history, where he does smash people.

apologies if I offended anyone...read comics in the 90s, stopped in 2003 and started collecting comic books again late 2019. I am surprised with how stories nowdays revolved around the SJW agendas.. No problem with X-23 becoming wolverine, I actually root for her as one of the 'new' x-men characters I like...It's how Marvel started to force a narrative to become diversified. yes, in the old times they added other nationalities like shang chi, international x-men etc...its a bit different with the current SJW thing. This just my personal opinion and I think other 'old heads' share the sentiment and decided to quit collecting comic books again.

• 4 weeks later...

The final saga of Doctor Strange is upon us! This September, the Marvel Universe will lose its Sorcerer Supreme in DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE, a new limited series written by Jed MacKay (Black Cat) with art by Lee Garbett (Captain Marvel). This startling story will not only dive into the mystery behind Doctor Strange’s demise but also explore the major impact his death will have on the Earth that he so fiercely protected from countless mystical threats.

In addition to the main series, DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE will also spin out into pulse-pounding tie-ins that deal with the ramifications from the loss of one of Marvel’s most vital heroes.

Written by Alex Paknadel (Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters) with art by Ryan Bodenheim (Black Panther), DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: AVENGERS #1 will see Earth’s Mightiest Heroes face off against a rampaging new Juggernaut. Can they prevent the unstoppable being from destroying Manhattan or do they lack the magical expertise needed to find an answer?

And Strange Academy is shut down until the events surrounding Dr. Strange’s death are resolved in STRANGE ACADEMY PRESENTS: DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #1 written by Strange Academy creator Skottie Young with art by superstar cover artist Mike Del Mundo. When the student body is forced to return home, Iric and Alvi come face-to-face with their mother: the Enchantress! Dealing with problems of her own in the wake of Strange’s death, fans will learn that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and more than just one realm is in trouble.

Check out the covers of October’s DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE installments now, including the poignant cover for DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #2. Stay tuned for more information, including the reveal of the frightening new evils that will invade the Earth when death claims Doctor Strange.

On Sale 9/22

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #1 (OF 5) (JUL210564)
Written by JED MACKAY
Art by LEE GARBETT
Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

On Sale 10/20

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #2 (OF 5)
Written by JED MACKAY
Art by LEE GARBETT
Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

On Sale 10/27

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: AVENGERS #1
Written by ALEX PAKNADEL
Art by RYAN BODENHEIM
Cover by STEVE SKROCE

STRANGE ACADEMY PRESENTS: DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #1
Written by SKOTTIE YOUNG
Art by MIKE DEL MUNDO
Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

DRSDEATH2021002_CVR.jpg

DRSDEATHAVEN2021001_cov.jpg

StrangeAcademy_DeathofDoctor Strange.jpg

On 7/9/2021 at 5:17 PM, PushYouDown said:

....it's weird that dudes who claim to like comics ...seem to not ever understand them.

"sjw agend"....::eyeroll:

I like it when people use the terms "SJW," "Social Justice Warrior," "SJW Agenda," etc., in non-ironic ways, because it lets me know that I can disregard anything that they ever post.

Marvel has always been a "Social Justice" company. The X-Men were inspired by The Civil Rights Movement, Black Panther has been around for more than 50 years, and they have always tackled social issues. Heck, timely even had an anti-Holocaust Captain America cover back in the 1940s- the only WW2 cover I know of that actually acknowledged The Holocaust's existence. Marvel has always been MUCH more focused on diversity, too (Vs. DC, who had a racist editor in chief for years, which is why their comics were very low on non-Caucasian heroes until the early 1980s.). 

On 7/10/2021 at 5:59 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

I like it when people use the terms "SJW," "Social Justice Warrior," "SJW Agenda," etc., in non-ironic ways, because it lets me know that I can disregard anything that they ever post.

Marvel has always been a "Social Justice" company. The X-Men were inspired by The Civil Rights Movement, Black Panther has been around for more than 50 years, and they have always tackled social issues. Heck, timely even had an anti-Holocaust Captain America cover back in the 1940s- the only WW2 cover I know of that actually acknowledged The Holocaust's existence. Marvel has always been MUCH more focused on diversity, too (Vs. DC, who had a racist editor in chief for years, which is why their comics were very low on non-Caucasian heroes until the early 1980s.). 

Sadly Marvel itself seems to forget some of these things. They regulated the Falcon to 3rd stringer status after Cap went solo. Black Panther was their first black superhero and Luke Cage the first to get his own book, but Falcon was the first American black hero for Marvel. 

However both companies have been very weak on showcasing heroes of color; they seem to either want to portray a universe where only a handful of characters can be of color, and even then only a fraction that have any real, powerful abilities. They retconned a Blue Marvel but honestly what kind of background origin is that??

But getting back to the topic at hand, its impossible to take Dr Strange's death, or any death seriously, cause these so-called writers have no idea on how to actually write a decent story.  We know theyre just gonna bring him back. But if they put someone like Magik or Doom or Scarlet Witch in his place, what does that really say about the "sorcerer supreme" title? Strange had to work and study for years to attain "master of the mystic arts" status, and then more to get "supreme". So if the rest of these guys, who are at least 20 years younger than he (except Doom), can come along and get that title.....does "supreme" really have any meaning??

On 7/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, Atlantis said:

Sadly Marvel itself seems to forget some of these things. They regulated the Falcon to 3rd stringer status after Cap went solo. Black Panther was their first black superhero and Luke Cage the first to get his own book, but Falcon was the first American black hero for Marvel. 

However both companies have been very weak on showcasing heroes of color; they seem to either want to portray a universe where only a handful of characters can be of color, and even then only a fraction that have any real, powerful abilities. They retconned a Blue Marvel but honestly what kind of background origin is that??

But getting back to the topic at hand, its impossible to take Dr Strange's death, or any death seriously, cause these so-called writers have no idea on how to actually write a decent story.  We know theyre just gonna bring him back. But if they put someone like Magik or Doom or Scarlet Witch in his place, what does that really say about the "sorcerer supreme" title? Strange had to work and study for years to attain "master of the mystic arts" status, and then more to get "supreme". So if the rest of these guys, who are at least 20 years younger than he (except Doom), can come along and get that title.....does "supreme" really have any meaning??

Ni, it doesn't. It is just now a title the Vishanti hand out. Like during Bendis run, they took it off Steven and gave it to Brother Voodoo, which also comes with a free Doctorate apparently.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:09 PM, JayC said:

The final saga of Doctor Strange is upon us! This September, the Marvel Universe will lose its Sorcerer Supreme in DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE, a new limited series written by Jed MacKay (Black Cat) with art by Lee Garbett (Captain Marvel). This startling story will not only dive into the mystery behind Doctor Strange’s demise but also explore the major impact his death will have on the Earth that he so fiercely protected from countless mystical threats.

In addition to the main series, DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE will also spin out into pulse-pounding tie-ins that deal with the ramifications from the loss of one of Marvel’s most vital heroes.

Written by Alex Paknadel (Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters) with art by Ryan Bodenheim (Black Panther), DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: AVENGERS #1 will see Earth’s Mightiest Heroes face off against a rampaging new Juggernaut. Can they prevent the unstoppable being from destroying Manhattan or do they lack the magical expertise needed to find an answer?

And Strange Academy is shut down until the events surrounding Dr. Strange’s death are resolved in STRANGE ACADEMY PRESENTS: DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #1 written by Strange Academy creator Skottie Young with art by superstar cover artist Mike Del Mundo. When the student body is forced to return home, Iric and Alvi come face-to-face with their mother: the Enchantress! Dealing with problems of her own in the wake of Strange’s death, fans will learn that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and more than just one realm is in trouble.

Check out the covers of October’s DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE installments now, including the poignant cover for DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #2. Stay tuned for more information, including the reveal of the frightening new evils that will invade the Earth when death claims Doctor Strange.

On Sale 9/22

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #1 (OF 5) (JUL210564)
Written by JED MACKAY
Art by LEE GARBETT
Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

On Sale 10/20

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #2 (OF 5)
Written by JED MACKAY
Art by LEE GARBETT
Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

On Sale 10/27

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: AVENGERS #1
Written by ALEX PAKNADEL
Art by RYAN BODENHEIM
Cover by STEVE SKROCE

STRANGE ACADEMY PRESENTS: DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #1
Written by SKOTTIE YOUNG
Art by MIKE DEL MUNDO
Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

DRSDEATH2021002_CVR.jpg

DRSDEATHAVEN2021001_cov.jpg

StrangeAcademy_DeathofDoctor Strange.jpg

Oh God, now Juggernaut is gonna be a Hasbro pulse 36 ' giant!

On 7/13/2021 at 4:06 AM, leokearon said:

They'll retool on of those Rolepaly Hulk hands to make it.

Unfortunately I heard it will be stuck in production limbo since the Legends team won't budge against the Children Safety Consultant's suggestion to remove the feature that makes the hands say "I'm the Juggernaut, b!tch" when pressed together.

On 7/13/2021 at 4:10 PM, ADour said:

Unfortunately I heard it will be stuck in production limbo since the Legends team won't budge against the Children Safety Consultant's suggestion to remove the feature that makes the hands say "I'm the Juggernaut, b!tch" when pressed together.

That's the X3 version you are thinking of

On 7/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, Gigantor said:

And f...I mean , people will buy it too!

Don't lie, you want one as well

den9dce-d573b7a1-d2ac-41fb-895d-9da1ee76

Re-enact the cover of DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: AVENGERS #1 with this awesome Marvel Legends Roleplay replica. You two can be the Juggernaut's hand as he smashs the Avengers who are nothing without Dr. Strange. Marvel at the above average/ below average and semi realistic paint applications and remember you only get the one.