Marvel Legends Walmart Exclusive Compound Hulk Revealed

JayC

Hasbro apparently isn't done with their Marvel Legends reveals. Today via MCUCollector they revealed a new Compound Hulk figure which will be offered as a Walmart Exclusive and go up for pre-order next month for Walmart's Collector Con event (July 22-25).

Marvel-Legends-Compound-Hulk.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Compound-Hulk01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Compound-Hulk02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Compound-Hulk03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Compound-Hulk04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Compound-Hulk05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Compound-Hulk06.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 12.14.53 PM.png

Just now, mako said:

Is it just me, or are they starting to really stretch for these exclusives?

Not really. This is the second (or third don't know if another company did it) time this version of the hulks have been made. MU did on for the one (and only) NYCC exclusive. Apparently it is also the tenth anniversary of the ONE (that's right only one) issue it appear in.

71tbAUosvKL._AC_SX425_.jpg

11 minutes ago, JayC said:

To me this is the perfect kind of exclusive.

Exactly. It's not a new character, barely a new costume, was only in a single issue and is none essential. Perfect for an exclusive.

That being said, while I do hate walmart exclusive (and I don't even live in the US), does anyone think they are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to exclusives? 

Uuuugh!  Thanks for reminding us exactly how ridiculous this entire concept was from the onset. I agree with the opinions of others that believe one of weirdo things like this, Venom Cap and Negative Spider-Man are what should be exclusives for WM and Target. Things that are quirky and sometimes cool that you might wanna have, yet something you can afford to miss out on.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Exactly. It's not a new character, barely a new costume, was only in a single issue and is none essential. Perfect for an exclusive.

That being said, while I do hate walmart exclusive (and I don't even live in the US), does anyone think they are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to exclusives? 

Far as I'm concerned, the less wm exclusives the better. 

Nahhh, I always had a dislike for this stupid idea, seemed so low brow to me, uh marvel mash two hulks together and make better hulk...zzzzz, story lines this character were in were minimal it always just felt like a dumb cash grab seems so 90's and extreme of them the writers and artists were like "yo dude you know what's totally most more tubular and radder then a red hulk, a red hulk and a green hulk like together bro!, extreme!" I honestly knew this was coming it was far too easy I speculated this was sure thing a while ago, of course it is, Walmart can keep their exclusive I'm good without this. I wish we had gotten a Kluh or I dunno any other color hulk then this, but actually I'm always cool with saving my money and not trying to hunt down a Walmart exclusive.

10 hours ago, tarot said:

Works for me. Between tracking down regular release figures, the few deluxe figures I DO want, and squirreling away a little something for any boxed sets I'd want that Hasbro may be sitting on, I don't need/want another check-box on my list.

I agree with JayC, this kind of release is the perfect one to be an exclusive. It's an interesting novelty that won't leave a gaping hole in your collection if you don't get it.

It would have been neat if they changed the hair piece with one split down the middle with the left half corresponding to the haircut of Banner's Hulk, but that would just have been an extra-mile detail.

But on a side note, when's the Immortal Hulk figure coming, Hasbro?

12 minutes ago, LordVenger said:

Guess I missed this storyline. Its a hard pass for me. Though I must admit it is visually striking. 

You didn't miss much. It was only one issue. It basically was just a comedy story involving Impossible Man. With Impy you know they story from that. 

Also I wasn't wrong about this figure being popular for figure makers. Select, Funko and more have made him. Why? I don't know. Seems toy companies like this idea.

37 minutes ago, tarot said:

You didn't miss much. It was only one issue. It basically was just a comedy story involving Impossible Man. With Impy you know they story from that. 

Also I wasn't wrong about this figure being popular for figure makers. Select, Funko and more have made him. Why? I don't know. Seems toy companies like this idea.

Thanks. Guess that explains why I don’t remember it. 

Reminds me somewhat of the Composite Superman character that was half Superman / half Batman.

So, what's next for this mold? AOA Orange Hulk? Weapon H?

Wouldn't really work for Amadeus Cho's Brawn/Totally Awesome Hulk which I'm mildly surprised hasn't been made yet.... but wouldn't shock me if they just did a new head sculpt and painted on a tank top or something....

Generation X's Mondo? Something like they did for the 5" line (pictured below):

1884410-mondogood.jpg

Regardless, it's clear they're going to milk this one!!

On 6/8/2021 at 7:47 PM, Reno said:

Reminds me somewhat of the Composite Superman character that was half Superman / half Batman.

Wouldn't really work for Amadeus Cho's Brawn/Totally Awesome Hulk which I'm mildly surprised hasn't been made yet.... but wouldn't shock me if they just did a new head sculpt and painted on a tank top or something....

1884410-mondogood.jpg

A quick google search shows this turkey had quite a career over at DC.. I want to say this is lazy writing but it seems like drugs were probably involved

33 minutes ago, Reno said:

1884410-mondogood.jpg

I've been wondering what else they will use this Hulk mold for as well. I am hoping they do some mods and make a Horseman of Apocalypse Hulk, and a Gladiator Hulk/World War Hulk. Hell it would be cool to see an Ultimate Hulk (the one that ripped Wolverine apart) and Hulk 2099 too!