Jameela Jamil Joins The Disney+ 'She-Hulk' Series Cast

Outsiders

Variety is reporting that they have confirmed with sources that the 'She-Hulk' series at Disney Plus has cast Jameela Jamil in the role of Titania, a Marvel supervillain with incredible strength and a frequent rival of She-Hulk.

The series centers on lawyer Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany), cousin of Bruce Banner, who inherits his Hulk powers after she receives a blood transfusion from him. Unlike Bruce, however, when she hulks out Jennifer is able to retain most of her personality, intelligence, and emotional control.

Jamil joins Maslany and previously announced cast members Renée Elise Goldsberry, Ginger Gonzaga, and Tim Roth. Mark Ruffalo will also reprise the role of Bruce Banner in the series.

The pilot and additional episodes are being directed and executive produced by Kat Coiro.  Jessica Gao is head writer for the series and serves as executive producer.

Jameela_Jamil_Titania.jpg

Sure cool whatever, I have never seen anything Jameela Jamil has been in, but as long as she does Titania justice that's all that matters, they better dye her hair the right color, and I guess CGI her buffer, since she doesn't seem to be buff in the least.

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sure cool whatever, I have never seen anything Jameela Jamil has been in, but as long as she does Titania justice that's all that matters, they better dye her hair the right color, and I guess CGI her buffer, since she doesn't seem to be buff in the least.

You should check out the good place

Okay, I'm always down for some creative casting, but ya gotta draw the line somewhere. I was skeptical about Poe Dameron as Moon Knight, but seeing the dedication he's given to the part I'm convinced if his 4'11", 150 lb. ayass just might be able to pull off the 6'2", 230 lb. Marc Spector. I was really doubtful of Orphan Black being able to pull off She-Hulk, but I'm warming up to it just based on her performance capabilities, but this is just ridiculous. Yes, she might be 6'2" but I guarantee she's maybe 97 lbs. soaking wet and holding 4 Popeye's Chicken sandwiches. Ya, I know, I know, they'll use CGI, but damn, how much CGI are they willing to spend on this one longshot show? I'm sure they'll put a lot behind what is obviously another one of Disney's crusade pieces, but even TFAWS was bare bones as far a special effects. It don't take more than some suspension cords to simulate super punches and about a hundred jumps from the 2nd floor. I do hope the best for this show, I honestly do. She-Hulk was really not just one of my favorite female heroes, but one of my favorite heroes in general when I was growing up and she was a great feminist hero before that was even an obligatory thing in comics, but today's brooding, tortured, angry She-Hulk is far removed from the fun loving, well spirited and funny She-Hulk that Claremont created so I won't hold up too much hope. In the end Jameela ticked off all the correct check-boxes so here we are. NOW IT'S A PARTY! LET'S MAKE SOME DISNEY MAGIC!!!

Its a strange casting choice not so much for looks but because i generally associate Jameela with roles involving snobby, upper-crust sorts of characters and I always thought of Titania as being a redneck/hillbilly type, what with her nickname of Skeeter. Although iirc she comes from the suburbs - or whatever suburb of Denver arrived on Battleworld.

I love Jameela for all the body positive work she has done on social media. She is a legit diamond and a great comedic actress with oodles of personality, still feels like an odd casting choice to me. Would rather have brick sh**house of a woman play Titania. Rhea Ripley (if she can act), from the WWE would be great in that role. But hopefully I'm wrong, she nails the part and it opens up more stuff for her. 

I think this Titania is going to be more socially polished than the comic’s version. Though I’d be surprised if she didn’t come from humbler roots, and her pretentiousness might get humorously punctured due to this. Casting wrestlers and bodybuilders as comics characters strikes me as reminiscent of Wizard magazine’s fan casting back in the 90s. I’d much rather have an actor play the part.

Seems with this actress’s physique they have no choice but to go the “StarLight” route from the boys and have a 90lbs actor playing a powerhouse. They don’t do cgi muscles, they just have this slight framed woman kicking around fully grown men and we all pretend it’s feasible.

could be good, with Ruffalo involved this is must see for me