X-Men Outback Team Figures

GrtWhiteCustoms

6 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I really want to complete the Outback Team of the X-Men!  I know we have Logan and Dazzler but we definitely need new figures of Psylocke, Rogue, Longshot, Havok, Storm and Colossus!! 

outback-era-x-men.jpg

outback_orig.jpg

e43871e9870d7f8a0ccfbf36a7df4355.jpg

Me too! This was my first introduction to the X-Men. I would love to have these but not going to spend years waiting for each one to drop. I want a team set or a whole wave dedicated to this team or its a no deal.

This is my my favourite era of X-Men and my biggest team want. Psylocke in this outfit is even my legitimate #1 want. I honestly think, though, that with the 90s and Giant Size teams pretty much wrapped up, this is likely to be the next era Hasbro focuses on, especially with Dwight’s professed love of the Reavers. I see Psylocke, Longshot, and Havok coming relatively soon, with Storm, Colossus, and Rogue (and hopefully Gateway) more likely to follow in drips and drabs thereafter.

I'm all in favor for this. Even if they wanna do a box set. We've seen them touch on the Reavers, which were their biggest Adversary then. I love Rogue's costume from back then and Psylocke's costume, though short lived, is almost already a classic. Storm could easily be done as a repaint and a new head sculpt. I don't even really consider the Dazzler we have as "Outback" because she specifically had the crop top, and if anyone remembers, I think one of her tights legs was longer than the other. That's an easy repaint. Wolvie would need some extra long mask wings in the Silvestri style. Beefcake Colossus would only require slight retooling on the existing buck. Havok is an easy repaint with a new head sculpt. About the only 2 characters that might need to be mostly new is Psylocke and Longshot, though I think Longshot can be mish mashed together from a few of the newer bucks.

A boxed set would be ideal but even sprinkling them in various X-men waves would be exciting too. When they get to that Storm I hope they really capture that hairstyle that's between the mohawk and the 80s hair band. And I have no real preference between the fluffy Betsy pink ruffles and the armor, so either one works for me. And of course Gateway. I hope when they get to him they perfect the "sitting" buck

because NO lol

marvel-legends-alpha-flight-figure-set-review-shaman-figure-sitting.jpeg

This is a great era of XMen, actually was collecting this comic at the time because the art was off the charts. The image of Wolverine crucified still sticks in my mind.

this era would knock out a big want of mine which is the Xmen vs Avengers limited series team. It’s essentially this team plus or minus a member plus Magneto in that odd purple/ white suit. This team along with the Soviet Super Soldiers ( which are getting knocked out at an astonishing rate) then I’m down to a few specific Avengers versions like Rambeau Captain Marvel, Dr Druid and Armored Thor

14 hours ago, McHogan said:

This is a great era of XMen, actually was collecting this comic at the time because the art was off the charts. The image of Wolverine crucified still sticks in my mind.

this era would knock out a big want of mine which is the Xmen vs Avengers limited series team. It’s essentially this team plus or minus a member plus Magneto in that odd purple/ white suit. This team along with the Soviet Super Soldiers ( which are getting knocked out at an astonishing rate) then I’m down to a few specific Avengers versions like Rambeau Captain Marvel, Dr Druid and Armored Thor

83ACBAFD-3E82-478E-BC7C-38830CA20D70.jpeg

That was a great time in comics. That series was one of the greatest I ever read. It was when the Real Captain Marvel lead the team and she was kick ayass. No political talk, no editorializing, no SJW panderings, just a damn good story. Additionally, She-Hulk was drawn and written in a style that made me want to start reading her book again. She was tough and funny and she kicked some major butt. Comics will never be this good again.

Never read the Outback X-men, grew up with the 90's Cartoon; Reading the comics around AOA and Onslaught as well as reprints of Claremont/Cockrum and Byrne's run, so more interested in seeing Banshee and Morph being done. Still wouldn't begrudge others wanting their X-Team done.

15 hours ago, monron999 said:

That was a great time in comics. That series was one of the greatest I ever read. It was when the Real Captain Marvel lead the team and she was kick ayass. No political talk, no editorializing, no SJW panderings, just a damn good story. Additionally, She-Hulk was drawn and written in a style that made me want to start reading her book again. She was tough and funny and she kicked some major butt. Comics will never be this good again.

Excellent points, and I agree about the story. I was hooked and to this day is one of my favorite stories