Marvel Legends 6" Iron Man Wave Classic Ultron and Modular Iron Man Figures Video Review And Images

JayC

J Hernandez takes a look at the new Classic Ultron and Modular Iron Man Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro. You can pre-order these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Bad-Guys-Ultron-01.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-02.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-03.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-04.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-06.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-07.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-08.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-09.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-10.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-11.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-12.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-13.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-14.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-15.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-16.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-17.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-18.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-19.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-20.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-21.jpg

Bad-Guys-Ultron-22.jpg

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Ultron is definitely my most-wanted from this wave.  i'm a little worried about finding him because i feel like some folks will be army building him but hopefully won't be a problem.

This was my concern as well, normally I take the chance that I’ll find the figures I want in the wild but that bit me in the butt on the Hand Ninjas. I only ever saw 2 ( I was looking for 6 myself) so I decided to play it safe and pre-ordered a couple Ultrons and Guardsmen in the event BOTH are Army builders.

now hoping Amazon doesn’t cancel me

Great review by J Hernandez!!

For those who thought "he should've been in an Avengers wave!" I wholeheartedly agree, but like I've always said, that kind of thing has never been a problem for me. If for some bizarre reason they did a Luke Cage wave with a Watcher BAF, I'm all over it. Especially when the figure comes out this well! Outside of some new blast effects, this is like the perfect Ultron and I can't wait for this Evil Undying to arrive!!

51 minutes ago, McHogan said:

This was my concern as well, normally I take the chance that I’ll find the figures I want in the wild but that bit me in the butt on the Hand Ninjas. I only ever saw 2 ( I was looking for 6 myself) so I decided to play it safe and pre-ordered a couple Ultrons and Guardsmen in the event BOTH are Army builders.

now hoping Amazon doesn’t cancel me

Ultron Mk8 is powerful enough on his own to take on any & all Avengers without an army. Guy's only composed of 100% pure Adamantium which can withstand a direct hit from a tactical nuke. And he is far superior to the outta scale, ball hipped MS version. Been waiting 2 decades for this exact version of Ultron!

Coolness!! Buddy forgot to try out the Ultron head that came with Retro Vision though🤔. Ah well, we'll find out soon enough. I still really like my MS version. Yes, he's out of scale, but to me he's been a sort of combo of MCU Ultron and comic Ultron. Either way, still really excited to get this new version. And yes indeed, as RyanDaly pointed out, we've had quite the major checks off the Classic Uber-Villain bucket list the past year year and a bit! Doom, Kang, Thanos, Red Skull, Dormammu! Wiicked!!

For me, that leaves, (classic) Nebula, Executioner (with his Bucket Helmet!) Titania, Baron Zemo, Baron Strucker, Molecule Man, Volcana, an update of Klaw, Ronan the Accuser and ideally a new deluxe-sized Absorbing Man as my biggest Bucket list Villain wants. Oh, and a properly scaled Abomination and a redo of the Wrecking Crew! Did I miss anyone? Lol.

EDIT: Yes I did! High Evolutionary, Hela, Hobgoblin, Mandarin, Classic Sabertooth!

16 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Coolness!! Buddy forgot to try out the Ultron head that came with Retro Vision though🤔. Ah well, we'll find out soon enough. I still really like my MS version. Yes, he's out of scale, but to me he's been a sort of combo of MCU Ultron and comic Ultron. Either way, still really excited to get this new version. And yes indeed, as RyanDaly pointed out, we've had quite the major checks off the Classic Uber-Villain bucket list the past year year and a bit! Doom, Kang, Thanos, Red Skull, Dormammu! Wiicked!!

For me, that leaves, (classic) Nebula, Executioner (with his Bucket Helmet!) Titania, Baron Zemo, Baron Strucker, Molecule Man, Volcana, an update of Klaw, Ronan the Accuser and ideally a new deluxe-sized Absorbing Man as my biggest Bucket list Villain wants. Oh, and a properly scaled Abomination and a redo of the Wrecking Crew! Did I miss anyone? Lol.

From this video, this is how a headswap looks like:

ultron+swap.png

36 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Probably just need to dremel the head to seat it lower in the neck peg & it'll look better. What's wrong with the Klaw that came with Shuri? That is a perfect version of classic Klaw. 

It's a very nice rendition of him, but it's not classic Klaw. Their respective heads/ faces and sonic arm weapons are different. That 2pack version is so nice though that all they'd need to do was tool a new head and sonic weapon.

e3f187e5439d92f350a6bb3cd32ffa23.thumb.jpg.ac5f08bc98737a60988c94f0943402c6.jpg

10 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

EDIT: Yes I did! High Evolutionary, Hela, Hobgoblin, Mandarin, Classic Sabertooth!

I would definitely get most of those, as well as Attuma, Princess Python, Annihilus, Blastaar, Madame Masque... 

7 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

It's a very nice rendition of him, but it's not classic Klaw. Their respective heads/ faces and sonic arm weapons are different. That 2pack version is so nice though that all they'd need to do was tool a new head and sonic weapon.

e3f187e5439d92f350a6bb3cd32ffa23.thumb.jpg.ac5f08bc98737a60988c94f0943402c6.jpg

Well, you know how Hasbro is about doing straight redos. They have to differenciate them, if just in the smallest of ways. I don't know if this has something to do with they way they have to sell it to the "Suits" or if it's just in their own personal code that they don't want to concede that a previous effort was as bad as it was. This sucks for those of us who want a new Blob or Classic She-Hulk or US Agent, cuz they've already been done in the costume we want, though rather poorly. But if they can manage to change up the costume or color scheme in the any way they could probably pass it off as a new character. Luckily, She-Hulk has several Classic-Style costumes, but to my knowledge Blob has only wore one costume. I do think some artists have alternated between short sleeves and no sleeves, so there's still hope, I guess. If and when they get around to re-doing characters like Banshee or Yellowjacket, I doubt it will ever be in the color or costume they've already been done in.

I don’t think Hasbro counts Return of Marvel Legends and earlier stuff as the same line for determining redos. Most of the ones you mentioned should be fair game for getting redone in the same costume. If it’s pre-Infinite, it’s on the table. See Jean Grey, various Wolverines, Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth and Weapon X, various Fantastic Four members, yellow Daredevil, Guardian, Kang, Nova, most of gray/black X-Force, big-time Spider-Man, etc.

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I would definitely get most of those, as well as Attuma, Princess Python, Annihilus, Blastaar, Madame Masque... 

OMG....Annihilus! How could I forget Annihilus! Yes, he'd be the biggest Uber-Super-villian check-off still for me. And hell yes to all the others too! (Silly me, I was thinking we were nearly done with the classic villains; we're not even half-way there...which is good)

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Well, you know how Hasbro is about doing straight redos. They have to differenciate them, if just in the smallest of ways. I don't know if this has something to do with they way they have to sell it to the "Suits" or if it's just in their own personal code that they don't want to concede that a previous effort was as bad as it was. This sucks for those of us who want a new Blob or Classic She-Hulk or US Agent, cuz they've already been done in the costume we want, though rather poorly. But if they can manage to change up the costume or color scheme in the any way they could probably pass it off as a new character. Luckily, She-Hulk has several Classic-Style costumes, but to my knowledge Blob has only wore one costume. I do think some artists have alternated between short sleeves and no sleeves, so there's still hope, I guess. If and when they get around to re-doing characters like Banshee or Yellowjacket, I doubt it will ever be in the color or costume they've already been done in.

My hope is that being on a newer body instead of an old suck-@$$ one is difference enough, lol. As Benn pointed out, they've been redoing pre Infinite characters ala Guardian, Mar-Vell, Union Jack etc. so there's hope for a new Yellow Jacket. But yeah, as you pointed out, that does make me a bit anxious about characters like US Agent. Actually, my concern is that anyone that's been done already on the Bucky-Cap mold (and who isn't an A-Lister) may not been redone for a while. That big glorious new She-Hulk bod does give me some hope for a Classic/ First Appearance version of her though (And Celestials-willing, she wouldn't be an exclusive!)

These 2 are definitely my all time top wants from this wave. I debate on getting the stealth armor and possibly a guardsmen but if i do that, i might as well dip into the rest of the wave and get Ursa. 

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Annihilus has had his figures in the ML line, how about a BAF of Awesome Android, Dragon Man or the Brute? Ya know...never before done characters.

By that logic, scratch Dragon man from that list. Altho I think all suggestions are good. Annihilus is definitely due for an update and Dragonman needs the Hasbro treatment.