Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Cardback Sandman Figure Revealed

JayC

I would have preferred the BAF. This seems like a bit of a let-down for me. I am split on whether I should buy it or pass because the BAF looks a lot cooler. The regular headsculpt looks like a junior head straight from a fisher price toy. Maybe I will buy it at a later date.

Niiiiiiice! Now I can just let the incomplete BAF go, which was too big for my tastes as well, and yes, I too hated those old hip joints. Hoping they've got Hobgoblin in the pipeline too! 

EDIT: I missed the part about the Rhino. If he's on the way, Awesome, but as an exclusive? Very not awesome. Hasbro's latest exclusive shenanigans has Star Wars fans collective stomachs churning. I really can't see how they think they can keep yizzing in our faces with this exclusive crap, when practically everyone is crying foul at the top of their lungs.

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If you think this is rad, fellow believers, you aint seen nothin' yet! Wait till you pop your peepers onto the retro armored costume look that's gonna debut over on our own fantabulous Fantastic Four wave! Make Mine Marvel! 'Nuff Said!!

Prediction....

Lol. You paint a pretty picture my friend. I think if any Spidey makes it into the FF wave it'll be the Incredible Bag Man. Though I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by your prediction as well. Either way, they've both been a long time coming and its a damn shame those weirdos like Negative Zone Spidey and Web-Man and a buncha ridiculous Gamerverse versions got the call to the mound before both of them.

21 minutes ago, dcoff68 said:

Aw man, having a re-release of Sandman and Rhino? That would be great for those, including me, who missed out on the original releases. Fingers crossed that a classic Lizard is on its way too. 

not a re-release. A re-release is basically the exact same figure as before with different paints and parts. This is a completely different mold, using the Luke Cage MCU build, which is alot smaller then the BAF.

I wonder if the Sandman heads from the BAF will fit on this body mold, I am hoping as I personally prefer those two headsculpts over this one. The normal Flint Marko head sort of looks like a kid in these images. Either way it is a buy for me as I only have the Heads that came with Green Goblin from the BAF wave! Fingers crossed Doc Oc and Kraven are next! 

46 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I like everything about this except the head sculpts. The hole in the head sculpt looks kind of dumb and the shouting effect should be the one with the hole in the head since that would make anyone shout. Easy pass for me.

I think they were going for a T-1000 vibe; in fact I'd bet they were inspired by this.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, mako said:

Now THAT'S the Sandman I've been waiting for!

Yeah, I've never thought of him as a Hulk-sized character- he's a tall-ish regular guy with sand powers.  I like that the retro line has been giving us some good figures that seem to be based more on the classic, Silver Age comics. Hopefully if they do Rhino, he will follow suit. As has been said- I want the squinty-eyed Rhino, not one with a crazed, stylized head sculpt. 

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I dig it. I would've preferred a deluxe release, with a ton of interchangeable sand pieces, but this is a great classic Sandman, and he does look nice on that retro card. 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if somewhere down the road we see a deluxe rerelease of this guy with tons of interchangeable parts and accessories.

48 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I'm wondering if the weapons that came with the BAF will work with this version

Im wondering the same. I never got the baf but I have a few of his parts, namely the arms and alt hands. Would be neat to have even more options to this. 

Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Cardback Sandman figure is available for pre-order at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

A massive dose of radiation bonds petty criminal William Baker's body to sand, creating a massive threat to Spider-Man!

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors.

And despite the seemingly tease by Hasbro's Dan Yun, it appears Sandman is the only figure going up today. No Retro Rhino, at least for now.

Sandman-01.jpg

Sandman-02.jpg

Sandman-03.jpg

Sandman-04.jpg

Sandman-05.jpg

Sandman-06.jpg

Sandman-07.jpg

Sandman-08.jpg

Sandman-09.jpg