Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Cardback Sandman Figure Revealed

JayC

3 hours ago, Figurealm said:

I wonder if the Sandman heads from the BAF will fit on this body mold, I am hoping as I personally prefer those two headsculpts over this one. The normal Flint Marko head sort of looks like a kid in these images. Either way it is a buy for me as I only have the Heads that came with Green Goblin from the BAF wave! Fingers crossed Doc Oc and Kraven are next! 

Well it's the Hydro-Man body.  If you've got Hydro-Man, you can pop your Sandman heads on and see how they look.  I'm guessing they'll probably be a little too big.  I'd give it a go and post a picture, but all of my toys are still packed up from moving house.

43 minutes ago, JayC said:
A massive dose of radiation bonds petty criminal William Baker's body to sand, creating a massive threat to Spider-Man!

I thought Sandman's name was Flint Marko.

Update: Just had to look this up. Literally had no idea his real name was retconned. Weird.

Anyway, pre-ordered. Can't wait to add one of my favorite Spidey foes to the collection.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I thought Sandman's name was Flint Marko.

Update: Just had to look this up. Literally had no idea his real name was retconned. Weird.

God knows why, but they do that sometimes. Guess it's easier to put your mark on someone else's work than actually creating something of your own.

In any case, I've had my fill of pre orders. I relaxed my rule against them and got nothing but grief: shipping early, shipping late, not shipping at all, cancellations, etc. If Hasbro wants my cash, they can put it on the pegs or on a site I'm willing to shop at.

4 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, I have no idea what Magneto's real name is anymore and I long ago gave up trying to figure out. 

Max eisenheardt (though I could be spelling the last name wrong). Read the Max comic for magneto. 

Also sandman real name is not anything new. Like @Air-Walker said it been around since the 80. He revealed it to Ben grimm after he was separated from hydro man and want to start a new life. He keep using flint because it was to protect his mother. 

5 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

A person can read almost anything into almost anything.

At the same time, I think the hasbro team like doing this kind of thing, just to see how far people will jump and leap to conclusions. 

That plus the first post was basically about how sand man was leaked and Dan needed a drink 

4 hours ago, tarot said:

Max eisenheardt (though I could be spelling the last name wrong). Read the Max comic for magneto. 

Also sandman real name is not anything new. Like @Air-Walker said it been around since the 80. He revealed it to Ben grimm after he was separated from hydro man and want to start a new life. He keep using flint because it was to protect his mother. 

Right, so it was reconed, that's what we said.

For Magneto...to me his name is Erik Lensherr...they need to leave him and his family alone!!  He has 3 kids..Wanda, Pietro and Lorna! ( maybe more!!) The X-men/Avengers cross reference that revealed that Magneto was the twins father was one of the most exciting moments of my young life!! I loved it! Now they try and take it away! 

I refuse to believe any of the retconned crap!!

Ok..im done. 

Magneto was right!

I used to want Rhino scaled down, but the more I look at pictures, the more the BAF Rhino size doesn't bother me. I don't like his shoulder pads or his heads, though, so I would like him tweaked a little bit. 

The other classic Spidey foe that I think needs an overhaul like this Sandman is the Lizard. I hate the dinosaur version of Lizard (although ironically I would love for Hasbro to make Stegron (Ssssstegron). I love the Lizard, but specifically the classic humanoid shaped version that appeared when Ditko and Romita were drawing the book.

Besides them I'd love a Hobgoblin, the Spot, Boomerang, Venom using the movie version buck so I can forget about the Monster Venom.

21 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I used to want Rhino scaled down, but the more I look at pictures, the more the BAF Rhino size doesn't bother me. I don't like his shoulder pads or his heads, though, so I would like him tweaked a little bit. 

The other classic Spidey foe that I think needs an overhaul like this Sandman is the Lizard. I hate the dinosaur version of Lizard (although ironically I would love for Hasbro to make Stegron (Ssssstegron). I love the Lizard, but specifically the classic humanoid shaped version that appeared when Ditko and Romita were drawing the book.

Besides them I'd love a Hobgoblin, the Spot, Boomerang, Venom using the movie version buck so I can forget about the Monster Venom.

Completely agree about Lizard. I love dinosaurs, but that look never worked for me. I’d even go for the same body with a McFarlane head or anything more lizardy than the BAF. 

There’s so much Spidey stuff I want. Namely a classic Toxin, Chameleon, Vermin, Carrion, Shriek, Morlun, Gray Goblin, Will O The Wisp and so many more. We got a Boomerang in 2014, but I could see them redoing him maybe in a Superior Foes box set with an exclusive Overdrive. I also want more villains on the retro card, they could repaint Vulture, Scorpion, and Kraven for those too, and I’d love a new Shocker, Venom and Carnage on one. Also obviously Hobgoblin, Lizard and Rhino. Maybe we could even get a Spider Slayer. So many possibilities.

6 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

I know a lot of folks are bummed that a Retro Rhino wasn't revealed, but I am more than happy with the last BAF Rhino (Sandman needed to be redone because the scale was ridiculous, while it sort of worked for Rhino). That being said, I hope they use the Omega Red buck when they finally do release a new Rhino.

Didn't come around this time but the Hasbro team has already stated there's gonna be another Rhino, so I'm not worried. Hope they do him soon, and the closer they stick to the classic Romita look, the better.