Marvel's Dark Ages Begin

JayC

The world outside your window…is about to end. This September, New York Times best-selling writer Tom Taylor (X-Men: Red, All-New Wolverine) will team up with Marvel’s Stormbreaker artist Iban Coello (Venom, Black Knight: Curse of the Ebony Blade) for a thrilling new vision of the Marvel Universe in DARK AGES.

Foreshadowed in last year’s Free Comic Book Day: X-Men and in today’s series of mysterious teasers, this highly anticipated limited series will see heroes from every corner of the Marvel Universe unite against a new threat – and fail. Their defeat will usher in an exciting new age full of heartbreaking loss and unimaginable stakes. As the world is remade, fans will meet fascinating new versions of their favorite heroes as they fight to overcome insurmountable odds and restore hope to the universe.

"I'm excited to team up with the brilliant Iban Coello on one of the most epic stories I've ever been involved in,” said Taylor. “Marvel's Dark Ages is a story unlike any we've told before. And it all begins with the shocking revelation of what the Watcher has been watching for. A danger older than the Earth threatens everything. And for once, the heroes who have saved the planet time and again find themselves almost completely powerless in the face of it. X-Men and Avengers will assemble. Spider-people and the Fantastic Four will come together. Heroes for Hire will fight alongside Champions. But none of it will be enough. The lights are about to go out... forever."

Check out the cover and prepare for an all-new saga of the Marvel Universe as you’ve never seen it before when DARK AGES #1 hits stands on September 1st.

DARK AGES #1 (OF 6)
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art and Cover by IBAN COELLO
On Sale September 2021

Dark-Ages.jpg

I assume this is just another gimmick that will have no real ramifications down the line. Man I've become a curmudgeon. I just want good stories about the characters I love without some overblown blitz that don't amount to a hill of beans in 5 years. 

Grrr.....get off my lawn ya whippersnappers!

31 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I assume this is just another gimmick that will have no real ramifications down the line. Man I've become a curmudgeon. I just want good stories about the characters I live without some overjoyed blitz that don't amount to a hill of beans in 5 years. 

Grrr.....get off my lawn ya whippersnappers!

Maybe because I'm older too but I agree. Has there ever been any indication that The Watcher was watching for something? Is the sun going out like in DCs Darkest Night? Will some hero die to remake the sun only to come back a few months later. Or just another mini-series with a massive amount of toe-in mini-series and one shots?

The Marvel Universe will never be the same.

Next month everything changes (back to normal)

*Shakes cane at whippersnappers

I will say, this sounds like exactly the kind of story that Tom Taylor is built for. I read the first two years of his digital comic based on the DC Universe game Injustice: Gods Among Us. I should state first, that I HATE the premise of that game and story that Superman turns evil and starts killing everybody leading to a superhero civil war. I hate the premise, so why oh why did I read the comic for two years?!! Because Tom Taylor told a really great story that got the essence of the characters and made them compelling even when the situations were thrusting them into violent and terrible acts that I hated to see. 

So, yeah, if he's telling an out-of-continuity story dystopian miniseries where heroes are trapped in nightmare scenarios... it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it should be emotionally satisfying at least.

This September, New York Times best-selling writer Tom Taylor (X-MEN: RED, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE) will team up with Marvel's Stormbreaker artist Iban Coello (VENOM, BLACK KNIGHT: CURSE OF THE EBONY BLADE) for a thrilling new vision of the Marvel Universe in DARK AGES. Last week, a series of mysterious teasers gave fans their first glimpse at what becomes of Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Miles Morales after the world descends into darkness. Now, see more of what’s in store when the lights go out forever in three new teasers that include transformations for Apocalypse and Vision as well your first look at a strange new threat…

DARK AGES #1 (OF 6)
Written by TOM TAYLOR
On Sale 9/1!

DARKAGES-Apocalypse.JPG

DARKAGES-Iron-Man.jpg

DARKAGES-Miles-Morales.JPG

DARKAGES-Spider-Man.jpg

DARKAGES-Unmaker.jpg

DARKAGES-Vision.jpg

On 6/28/2021 at 12:59 PM, Bluecomet said:

Glad to see the big A back...since X of Swords he has gone missing...Now hasbro please make a regular release deluxe retro figure of Apocalypse with a design of toybiz

The Uncanny X-Men -- Evil Mutants Apocalypse 2nd Edition X-Men Action  Figure Moc by: Amazon.it: Giochi e giocattoli

Wasn't aware there was a second Apocalypse, I had the extending one with the staff

x-men---apocalypse-1st-edition-p-image-3

• 3 weeks later...
The world outside your window…is about to end. Starting in September, New York Times best-selling writer Tom Taylor (X-MEN: RED, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE) and Marvel's Stormbreaker artist Iban Coello (VENOM, BLACK KNIGHT: CURSE OF THE EBONY BLADE) will present readers with a shocking new vision of the Marvel Universe in DARK AGES. The highly anticipated limited series will introduce a world plunged into darkness after your favorite heroes unite against a new threat – and fail. Fascinating new takes on your favorite heroes and villains await in a saga that asks the question “who were you when the lights went out?

In October, DARK AGES #2 will pick up years after the incident that ushered in the end the age of technology. Now it’s up to Earth’s heroes to bring humanity together in the darkness. X-Men and Avengers, vigilantes and villains all work together to create something better. But something darker than the night is descending on the world and this postapocalyptic world is about to face Apocalypse.

Check out the cover to DARK AGES #2 below and be there when the lights go out in the Marvel Universe this September.

On Sale 9/1
DARK AGES #1 (OF 6) – JUL210513
Written by TOM TAYLOR

On Sale 10/6
DARK AGES #2 (OF 6)
Written by TOM TAYLOR

DARKAGES2021002_Cov.jpg

On 6/18/2021 at 3:17 PM, JayC said:
The world outside your window…is about to end. This September, New York Times best-selling writer Tom Taylor (X-Men: Red, All-New Wolverine) will team up with Marvel’s Stormbreaker artist Iban Coello (Venom, Black Knight: Curse of the Ebony Blade) for a thrilling new vision of the Marvel Universe in DARK AGES.

Foreshadowed in last year’s Free Comic Book Day: X-Men and in today’s series of mysterious teasers, this highly anticipated limited series will see heroes from every corner of the Marvel Universe unite against a new threat – and fail. Their defeat will usher in an exciting new age full of heartbreaking loss and unimaginable stakes. As the world is remade, fans will meet fascinating new versions of their favorite heroes as they fight to overcome insurmountable odds and restore hope to the universe.

"I'm excited to team up with the brilliant Iban Coello on one of the most epic stories I've ever been involved in,” said Taylor. “Marvel's Dark Ages is a story unlike any we've told before. And it all begins with the shocking revelation of what the Watcher has been watching for. A danger older than the Earth threatens everything. And for once, the heroes who have saved the planet time and again find themselves almost completely powerless in the face of it. X-Men and Avengers will assemble. Spider-people and the Fantastic Four will come together. Heroes for Hire will fight alongside Champions. But none of it will be enough. The lights are about to go out... forever."

Check out the cover and prepare for an all-new saga of the Marvel Universe as you’ve never seen it before when DARK AGES #1 hits stands on September 1st.

DARK AGES #1 (OF 6)
Written by TOM TAYLOR
On Sale September 2021

Dark-Ages.jpg

Oh come on! They're not even writing these things anymore, are they? They just cut and paste copy from older press releases . . . sort of like how they write their comics.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:55 PM, mako said:

Oh come on! They're not even writing these things anymore, are they? They just cut and paste copy from older press releases . . . sort of like how they write their comics.

What do you expect, nearly every single event is the same story just change the main cast.