Jump to content

Would you buy a 16" Frost Giant and Thor box set?


RyanDaly
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm picturing something like the Days of Future Past Sentinel and Wolverine box set. The Frost Giant would be in that 16 inch range. Thor could be a repaint of the Alex Ross 80th anniversary version with more vibrant comic colors, or maybe a bearded Eric Masterson head, or some alternate version. Or it could be Loki in the set instead of Thor as Loki is arguably as popular today as his brother. 

I'm sure this wouldn't sell as well as a Wolverine set, but would there be enough interest in a comic version of this 2-pack? Would an MCU set be a better-seller? 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In truth I’d buy both a comic  and a MCU Thor v Frost Giant. 

Normally my army builders I try for 6, be a waste of the extra Thor’s but it’s the set we’re reasonably priced an 6 Frost Giant Strong army would be awesome

i bought the Wolverine from that Sentinel set loose, what did that set retail for?

unrelated ( sort of ) but does anyone who bought the Haslab Sentinel plan on using the Sentinels from this Wolverine box set as drones or something? The scale doesn’t seem too bad but obviously compared to the Haslab one they may not be intimidating enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

unrelated ( sort of ) but does anyone who bought the Haslab Sentinel plan on using the Sentinels from this Wolverine box set as drones or something? The scale doesn’t seem too bad but obviously compared to the Haslab one they may not be intimidating enough

I haven’t decided yet what to do with my old sentinel. I only have the one, which I got for $50ish on one of Amazon’s days of deals. When I bought it, I was making up for lost time getting my collection started, and I knew I wanted all the X-Men-related stuff, but it didn’t occur to me to get more than one. Months later I resolved to get more, but I’d already picked up one for $50, so $150 each for more was too big an ask, and I never got around to it. In one sense, lucky for me, as the Haslab ones seem way better, but it is a little awkward having five big ones and just one smaller one. I don’t want to get rid of it because I like having a complete collection of X-Men from the start of the Infinite Series, even if a few are a little underwhelming or outdated (same reason I keep Jubilee-series Wolverine), but it’s going to be a little out of place for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Definitely!!! It'd be great if it had a few interchangeable elements (head, maybe armor, weapons), to make a few different-looking ones if someone buys multiples. 

Oh yeah great idea.. maybe include an extra head, then different helmets or something.. you could make 3-4 different looking Giants by using the same trick that Hawkeye / Widow set did with same bodies/ differnt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Benn said:

I haven’t decided yet what to do with my old sentinel. I only have the one, which I got for $50ish on one of Amazon’s days of deals. When I bought it, I was making up for lost time getting my collection started, and I knew I wanted all the X-Men-related stuff, but it didn’t occur to me to get more than one. Months later I resolved to get more, but I’d already picked up one for $50, so $150 each for more was too big an ask, and I never got around to it. In one sense, lucky for me, as the Haslab ones seem way better, but it is a little awkward having five big ones and just one smaller one. I don’t want to get rid of it because I like having a complete collection of X-Men from the start of the Infinite Series, even if a few are a little underwhelming or outdated (same reason I keep Jubilee-series Wolverine), but it’s going to be a little out of place for sure.

I caved and bought the Haslab Sentinel because of the sheer awesomeness but if the announce a Galactus I may have to sell it to fund the purchase of the Devourer of Worlds..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know.. if this proposed set did include a bearded Thor on the 80th body that would be an instant buy for me. Honestly can’t believe it wasn’t included in the original release. He was after all the only one of the big three not to include a 2nd head sculpt.

the classic 80s costume will always be “my” Thor, that bearded head is much needed. That and the armored version from that era.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, not on that ball hipped buck, that thing could never stand up w/o doing the side splits thanks to those ball hips & flat feet. Now if Hasbro tools up a brand new 16' Frost Giant buck & includes 3-4 different head sculpts, alternate open "weapons holding hands" & alternate fists, then I'd be down for 5-6 of em. As far as the Sentinels are concerned,  the Haslab is too expensive & too damn large. The MCU Sentinels lacked proper POA. Until Hasbro decides to make the long overdue classic DOFP Byrne Sentinels, I'm good to go with  my 3D printed classic Sentinels.

xbFJAwr.jpgxcBChl7.jpgN5beJPK.jpgMBmvvid.jpgjMxabhf.jpg2qfRBY6.jpgMne1PWZ.jpg5dcspxC.jpgW3MJEjS.jpgh0FQGS4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theoretically i'd be up fo buying a frost giant figure, but my guess is with hasbro it would probably be too pricey for a cheapskate like me. maybe they'll do a frost giant BAF for the love and thunder wave, although it seems more likely they would do something like a repainted Bor or Ulik from the sdcc set a BAF and save the tooling costs for the mcu figures in the wave.

this also makes me think about that D & D set hasbro made last year with the dark elf character.  I guess he didn't sell well enough since we haven't heard about any additional D & D figures since. too bad.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, McHogan said:

You know.. if this proposed set did include a bearded Thor on the 80th body that would be an instant buy for me. Honestly can’t believe it wasn’t included in the original release. He was after all the only one of the big three not to include a 2nd head sculpt.

the classic 80s costume will always be “my” Thor, that bearded head is much needed. That and the armored version from that era.. 

I remember back when Thor was considered the benchmark "standard" for upper limits of superhumanoid strength. Whats been done to him over the past years just saddens me.

Fully agree that the 80th anniversary figure should have included a bearded head. A box set of a 16" Frost Giant, a Thor in CLASSIC colors, alt heads, an alt "whirling" Mjolnir, and lightning effects? Sign me up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would certainly buy this, I would prefer a comic Frost Giant over MCU, but I'd buy either one, because of the potential sheer awesome of it, I don't even think I'd care what figure it came with, but I'd say a Balder vs. Frost Giant comic 2 pack would be a sure shot choice, also even cooler could be that Hasbro would re-release us Ulik some how and Bor (a sweet fan channel 2 pack), How about Battle Armored Thor vs. Jormundandr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

also even cooler could be that Hasbro would re-release us Ulik some how and Bor (a sweet fan channel 2 pack), How about Battle Armored Thor vs. Jormundandr

That Thor 5-pack box set kills me because I want 2.5 out of the five figures included. I love Ulik and I really want that Malekith (the repainted version that came out in the Cull Obsidian wave is an abomination... and not the cool Abomination). And I kind of like the Jane Foster Thor, but I don't care enough about Bor or Unworthy Thor to Justify $175 for the set. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

That Thor 5-pack box set kills me because I want 2.5 out of the five figures included. I love Ulik and I really want that Malekith (the repainted version that came out in the Cull Obsidian wave is an abomination... and not the cool Abomination). And I kind of like the Jane Foster Thor, but I don't care enough about Bor or Unworthy Thor to Justify $175 for the set. 

Yeah agreed, that set is a hard one to justify the price for, I also never found a chance when it dropped to get it, which I probably would have, I would love a Ulik and Bor, which at this point in time is probably most people, I'm fine with the Infinity War wave Malekith myself, and Jane & Odinson from Raganarok wave, thus why I think it would be a great if they put a Ulik & Bor 2 pack out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2021 at 10:35 AM, Gigantor said:

Nope, not on that ball hipped buck, that thing could never stand up w/o doing the side splits thanks to those ball hips & flat feet. Now if Hasbro tools up a brand new 16' Frost Giant buck & includes 3-4 different head sculpts, alternate open "weapons holding hands" & alternate fists, then I'd be down for 5-6 of em. As far as the Sentinels are concerned,  the Haslab is too expensive & too damn large. The MCU Sentinels lacked proper POA. Until Hasbro decides to make the long overdue classic DOFP Byrne Sentinels, I'm good to go with  my 3D printed classic Sentinels.

xbFJAwr.jpgxcBChl7.jpgN5beJPK.jpgMBmvvid.jpgjMxabhf.jpg2qfRBY6.jpgMne1PWZ.jpg5dcspxC.jpgW3MJEjS.jpgh0FQGS4.jpg

Dude, those sentinels are frickin tits! 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE