Marvel Select 7" Silver Centurion Iron Man Figure In-Hand Images

JayC

It looks amazing and I can't wait until it's on my Marvel Select shelves. I will also be greedy and hope that Diamond eventually makes a more evergreen Iron Man in this level. A Classic Armor done in this style would look fantastic and I can only begin to think of the kind of accessories that they could add to that figure.

Nice photos and again no shot of the back. Ridiculous.

I could never understand how Legends effed up the armor's back pack. Sheer incompetence is the only answer that comes to mind.

Select seems to have handled the helmet better than Legends did. They certainly came thru on effects! These are overdue for Legends; they also need to incorporate the classic blast effect surrounding the hand (the "karate chop" hand works well but they could probably fit it over a fist too)....and bring in that whirling hammer effect for Thor.

blast.jpg

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I will wait to see a review of this one as i would like to see his articulation and also some size comparisons with ML figures to see if he might work out OK posed with them, especially since i skipped the WG exclusive ML version.   But definitely they did a nice job with the sculpt and accessories for this guy.

He'd be way outta scale with ML figs. Select line is in the 7' scale.

Really wish Hasbro had included those pulse bolts with the ML SCIM instead of the typical repulsor beams that came with all the other Ironman figs, which we coulda utilized from.  Just make em 5-6 inches long as the longer they travel, the stronger & harder they hit. Are the select hands to big to utilize on the ML version?

5 hours ago, ADour said:

At least the packpack is there. What I would call sheer incompetence is the way they handled the Stealth Armor.

You said it. There's incompetence and then there's laziness. Who knows, maybe to some they're one and the same, but the Stealth armor, done correctly, is not a repaint of the classic armor. The "widow's peak" indentation that, on the classic armor, allowed him to raise the entire face plate up, now comes down all the way to wear the nose would be. The diode knobs on the chest were moved down to the abdomen, the cuffs on the gauntlets and boots were scooped, and of course there was the domed oval backpack. None of these are on the Legends figure. Its not a bad figure- its just not correct.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

You said it. There's incompetence and then there's laziness. Who knows, maybe to some they're one and the same, but the Stealth armor, done correctly, is not a repaint of the classic armor. The "widow's peak" indentation that, on the classic armor, allowed him to raise the entire face plate up, now comes down all the way to wear the nose would be. The diode knobs on the chest were moved down to the abdomen, the cuffs on the gauntlets and boots were scooped, and of course there was the domed oval backpack. None of these are on the Legends figure. Its not a bad figure- its just not correct.

Yeah, I hear you. I made this edit the day the figure was announced:

jz0335c2s8s61.png

Soooo....let me get this straight. IT IS possible to make the Silver
Centurion head sculpt look good without having to resort to some weird, never utilized before neck joint that's not compatible with any other head sculpts and still also make it interchangeable so you can actually put on a Tony Stark or even a James Rhodes head sculpt? Blasphemy!!! That would indicate that Hasbro and the ML creative team completely lied to us about not being able to get the aesthetics right without said weirdo neck joint. Say it ain't so. I mean, they've never done that before.

Either that or the MS creative team has access to some futuristic technology that remains just outside the reach of Hasbro. These guys need to patent this tech and sell it to the highest bidder.

9 hours ago, ADour said:

Yeah, I hear you. I made this edit the day the figure was announced:

jz0335c2s8s61.png

So all Hasbro had to do was make new glove/boot cuffs, shoulder pauldrons  & head sculpt. Yeah, they mailed in the stealth suit by just repainting it. Had they given us the accurate comic version, I woulda kept this fig, as it is, I'm gonna use him for fodder parts, will repaint the hands to give repulsor blast hands to a couple of my Guardsmen. 

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

So all Hasbro had to do was make new glove/boot cuffs, shoulder pauldrons  & head sculpt. Yeah, they mailed in the stealth suit by just repainting it. Had they given us the accurate comic version, I woulda kept this fig, as it is, I'm gonna use him for fodder parts, will repaint the hands to give repulsor blast hands to a couple of my Guardsmen. 

Since there's no way to fix the figure's sculpt, at the very least I will try to make it color-accurate by learning how to dye figures and dyeing it all-black. Then I'll just use a red marker on the faceplate slits. I've also contemplated the possibility of giving this figure the shoulderpads from the Walgreens Nova, but I'm not that into the idea of buying an entire figure just for that.

This a beautiful figure with amazing accessories. Just don’t like the Tony head.. something off about it.

makes you realize that while not a bad figure by any means, that Legends Centurion could have been something special