Marvel Legends 6" Darkstar Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

I agree the figure is kind of plain...but it's also Darkstar. I can see why she's not a character they're gonna break the bank on or do a new body for. 

Not a character I'm interested in but I'm sure people who wanna make the Winter Guard will be happy. Always like seeing Legends do these kinda deep cuts even if it's not someone I'm personally invested in owning a figure of. 

22 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

The Winter Guard never did much for me, so I skipped on Darkstar and any attempt to get Ursa Major, too. I will concede, though, that the face sculpt and paint are pretty damn good. I'm happy for the fans who are excited to complete this wave and add her to Red Guardian and Crimson Dynamo.

I think you're making a mistake in not getting Ursa Major/Dark star. Once Hasbro makes her brother Vanguard along with classic versions of CD/TM, and you start seeing group shots of this team, buyers remorse is gonna set in & by then, that 🐻 is gonna cost $100+ to get! You can even make a "what if" ulternate Earth team of just Russian superheroes and throw Colossus, Black Widow, & Kraven on the supreme super Soviets team. I believe the Rhino has Russian roots as well.

Im not interested in any other members of the Winter Guard...just the Soviet Super Soldiers.

Vanguard, TITANIUM man and the Crimson Dynamo ...and may Be the Presence and The female Red Gaurdian. These all appeared in the Hulk title. I think Gremlin was a member as well. 

7 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Im not interested in any other members of the Winter Guard...just the Soviet Super Soldiers.

Vanguard, TITANIUM man and the Crimson Dynamo ...and may Be the Presence and The female Red Gaurdian. These all appeared in the Hulk title. I think Gremlin was a member as well. 

The Gremlin was the Titanium Man of the SSS

On 6/21/2021 at 3:08 PM, RyanDaly said:

Not just the plainness of the design, but the total lack of accessories or interchangeable parts aside from the BAF piece that I would never complete. I like the character and would like to include him in my collection, but twice I had him in my hand and thought, "Twenty dollars for this? Mmmm naaahhh."

You'd think with how many versions of Iceman they've made over the last couple years that Hasbro would have some decent ice effects by now, but nope.

Exactly, when they have these really easy repaints like Blizzard and Cottonmouth (who was absolutely on the wrong buck), it's the perfect chance to give a little extra love for all the cost saved for reusing a buck. Would it have been too much to ask that Rock Python come with maybe a few "eggs" or perhaps some little cheap ribbon affects or Cottonmouth come with an alternate head sculpt? The short answer is yes. I imagine to Hasbro it's about as inconvenient as giving Maestro actual boots. "No, let's just call him Maestro from an alternate dimension instead, cuz that's what everyone wants." So I guess we can call Blizzard alternate dimension Blizzard too.

Totally agree bout Cottonmouth being on the wrong buck, he shoulda been on the Sunfire buck or even the Bucky Buck & included an elongated open jaw alternate head. Few yrs ago I went & made 2 different head sculpts for him, 1 with gritted teeth & then the full elongated version, not perfect, but good enough for me.

EbGvIn4.jpgPkvIXz6.jpgozuy7ky.jpg

So, who all do we need for a complete winter guard? There are multiple versions of CD and RG which make it hard to remember who is who. But the dynamo and Red guardian we have, from what I know, do not fit in with the winter guard. Definitely not dynamo. Red guardian's costume was also worn by another guy and by Vanguard so it could be fudged in, but I still think we need Anton Vanko (was he part of the team?) As well as Boris, and we need the black costumed Red Guardian

1 hour ago, Curtar said:

So, who all do we need for a complete winter guard? There are multiple versions of CD and RG which make it hard to remember who is who. But the dynamo and Red guardian we have, from what I know, do not fit in with the winter guard. Definitely not dynamo. Red guardian's costume was also worn by another guy and by Vanguard so it could be fudged in, but I still think we need Anton Vanko (was he part of the team?) As well as Boris, and we need the black costumed Red Guardian

Red Guardian does fit with the Winter Guard, he’s currently sporting that look for the team just a black and red shield instead of red and white 

10 hours ago, Gigantor said:

1432074127_CrimsonDynamoclassicversion.thumb.jpg.06e552f6e4b8388bccc91ee154064eca.jpg1290791874_Titaniumman.thumb.png.373d64dc0cf4f86620bf1de600c2ed46.png2084513104_Titaniummanarmorwars1.thumb.jpg.20881116a1a5b1a6a00042deede624bc.jpg671376965_TitaniummanGremlin3.thumb.jpg.51e3a0d5b16a0db33810b3be64cb8e72.jpgTitaniumMan_Gremlin3.thumb.jpg.761203cb717e4c949113e131d23f016e.jpgNeed Vanguard, & 80s armor wars Dynamo. I actually want both Versions of TMs most iconic looks, those being a ML 8' scale TM based on the MS version & a TM with Gremlin based on the Armor wars version.  We need Sputnik as well.

Once again Hasbro we need these figures

15 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Once again Hasbro we need these figures

Only the classic Titanium Man has any interest to me, and that of course has to be a BAF. The classic Crimson Dynamo is well over due....the Marvel Universe 3.75" figure was outstanding. Actually that was from the Iron Man 2 line released back in 2010. WOW. Over a decade and we have yet to get a 6" version??

8 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Only the classic Titanium Man has any interest to me, and that of course has to be a BAF. The classic Crimson Dynamo is well over due....the Marvel Universe 3.75" figure was outstanding. Actually that was from the Iron Man 2 line released back in 2010. WOW. Over a decade and we have yet to get a 6" version??

Yeah, it is hard to believe that it is over 10 years ago. I loved that line.