Marvel Legends 6" Ultron Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

These pics can finally put to rest the " He's too small" crap I've been hearing from some both here & at other toy sites. MCU movie screwed some of you up. This is the MK 8 model which made it's debut in the classic Avengers 2 parter that introduced Jocasta, issues 161-162, and drawn by the great George Perez. He's actually listed as being 6ft 500lbs so had he been the same hgt or a tad smaller than Cap/Ironman who are both around 6'2, that woulda been more than fine with me, but as we can see from the pics, he is actually a bit taller than both of them so he's around 6'4. For those of you that wanted a bigger Ultron, stick to the inferior MS version. My only nitpick with the figure is that Hasbro should've included an alternate plasma blast hand with weapons FX. Shame the open hand doesn't have a plasma port.  Other than that, this is the classic  & definitive Perez Ultron I've been clamoring for since 02!

A concussive blast effect would have been good here...its actually past time Hasbro started providing different effects for this line. They've definitely progressed; instead of the ring or opaque ring, they moved to concentric rings with "kirby dots" (which looks great but they need to start coloring those black too) so now its time for the "repulsor blast" to have a thicker, more translucent version. 

The nuclear furnace effect in Ultron's mouth doesnt usually waft out like that but I still like it, and I cant wait to get this one in hand!

Crazy that for years ToyBiz and a Hasbro tried to (over) stylize Ultron when this simple design is all fans have wanted. And they knocked it out of the park by following the classic comic design.

bravo Hasbro, well done 

46 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Crazy that for years ToyBiz and a Hasbro tried to (over) stylize Ultron when this simple design is all fans have wanted. And they knocked it out of the park by following the classic comic design.

bravo Hasbro, well done 

If it ain't broke don't fix it! The only other Ultron I wouldn't mind them making is the  "Ultron unlimited" version that the great George Perez drew in the classic 4 issue Avengers arc in 99' 

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

bravo Hasbro, well done 

Indeed, no need for Rabbit ears (though I liked the glider), or anything like that.

I really wish theybwouldve painted the black lines, only major problem with this figure. But I'm sure they'll make a gunmetal version that I can use as my Prime Ultron, and use these as army builders. That's what I'm doing rn anyways, but using my select ultron as prime. I also look forward to the gold and six-armed versions of this figure. 

Ps two gripping hands to hold...nothing. but only one repulse hand? Hasbro, we need to have a serious talk about your hand selection lately. I get the trigger fingers for dormammu can be used for red skull, hellfire club, and hand ninjas, but lately they are including some weird hand choices. It's like mcfarlane not giving fists or alternate hands with their characters. 

Pps Cyber only has open hands, no fists. Same with Sam Wilson Cap

I do think it would have been even more excellent of a figure if they had painted the lines black as others have said, but overall it's a really long awaited figure for me, and I'm happy to get it, I think however I'm going to put that Ultron head that came with Vintage Vision on it, I think that head is better, I'm not sure I want my Ultron on the shelf with the crackle and without it the mouth is just empty.

376817936_UltronbyPerez.thumb.jpg.12604e3619e2e648ae654db68447f190.jpg

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I do think it would have been even more excellent of a figure if they had painted the lines black as others have said, but overall it's a really long awaited figure for me, and I'm happy to get it, I think however I'm going to put that Ultron head that came with Vintage Vision on it, I think that head is better, I'm not sure I want my Ultron on the shelf with the crackle and without it the mouth is just empty.

FYI for those that are not that familiar with this version of Ultron, he never was drawn with Kirby crackle energy flowing out of his mouth. The Ultron head that came with retro Vision is the correct & accurate comic depiction of how the energy is seen "in" his mouth, not flowing out.  Only issue is, Do the paints match?

57 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

376817936_UltronbyPerez.thumb.jpg.12604e3619e2e648ae654db68447f190.jpg

FYI for those that are not that familiar with this version of Ultron, he never was drawn with Kirby crackle energy flowing out of his mouth. The Ultron head that came with retro Vision is the correct & accurate comic depiction of how the energy is seen "in" his mouth, not flowing out.  Only issue is, Do the paints match?

Yeah these were my thoughts, I never really remember "this" ultron with any crackle like you said, so it looked strange to me, even the back of this figures box shows the proper mouth energy, which is the way the Vintage Vision head looks, seems like the best look, lets hope that head works, or what was it all for Hasbro!

2 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah these were my thoughts, I never really remember "this" ultron with any crackle like you said, so it looked strange to me, even the back of this figures box shows the proper mouth energy, which is the way the Vintage Vision head looks, seems like the best look, lets hope that head works, or what was it all for Hasbro!

I saw a post where someone actually detached the upper portion of Ultron's head to paint in the Kirby crackle in Ultron's mouth. He must have an extra Ultron to have attempted this modification. 

7 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I saw a post where someone actually detached the upper portion of Ultron's head to paint in the Kirby crackle in Ultron's mouth. He must have an extra Ultron to have attempted this modification. 

Oh cool, I'm not much of a modder myself so I'm holding hope the right head (from Vision) works

I actually seemed to locate evidence that it indeed does

spacer.png

it looks like it sits a bit higher but that might just be the angle, I think it's gonna work!

37 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh cool, I'm not much of a modder myself so I'm holding hope the right head (from Vision) works

I actually seemed to locate evidence that it indeed does

spacer.png

it looks like it sits a bit higher but that might just be the angle, I think it's gonna work!

Just gotta Dremel the opening in the head down a bit. I plan on doing that tomorrow.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, Gigantor said:

Well, I dremeled the head down & I think it looks pretty good. 

DYGv5fW.jpgu6J7lsH.jpgSi189f2.jpg

Damn you gigantor. Lol. Only reason I haven’t tried to pic this new ultron up is because I didn’t like the black mouth and now you’ve done gone and found an alternate head that works perfectly ( which I also passed on) so I guess now I have to try to find both the new body and the right head. Geez. Lol. 

nice job looks really good.