Marvel Legends 6" Classic Stealth Iron Man Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Classic Stealth Iron Man figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Stealth-Iron-Man-01.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-02.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-03.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-04.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-05.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-06.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-07.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-08.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-09.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-10.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-11.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-12.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-13.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-14.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-15.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-16.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-17.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-18.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-19.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-20.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-21.JPG

Stealth-Iron-Man-22.JPG

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Once again, a total lackluster attempt. I knew it would mostly be a repaint but I thought at least the helmet would be done right. Chalk this up to another case of expecting too much from Hasbro. Gonna have trouble peeling the stamp off this figures a$$ cuz this thing is totally mailed in.

Wait this isnt what you expected with a stealth armor? I dont recall any stealth armor figures that have come out, typically as a variant of an already released iron man armor that was just blue with red highlights. His classic stealth look normally has a different helmet? or anything else different from his original armor? Every iteration ive ever seen of this armor looked the same to me so im genuinely curious. 

I didnt watch the review so why did he show 2 of the same figure next to eachother? Also first review of stealth armor that ive seen that didnt come out broken. I will probably be picking this guy up at some point, I love that blue! 

38 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Wait this isnt what you expected with a stealth armor? I dont recall any stealth armor figures that have come out, typically as a variant of an already released iron man armor that was just blue with red highlights. His classic stealth look normally has a different helmet? or anything else different from his original armor? Every iteration ive ever seen of this armor looked the same to me so im genuinely curious. 

I didnt watch the review so why did he show 2 of the same figure next to eachother? Also first review of stealth armor that ive seen that didnt come out broken. I will probably be picking this guy up at some point, I love that blue! 

Actually there are quite a few differences between the two. It's a little bit more than his standard armor just spray painted black. I believe @ADourcreated and posted a digital picture of this figure with comic accurate details. The helmet is definitely different, the gauntlets are different at the forearms. The nodes on the chest are in a different position and I believe a few more things.

Like I said though, I didn't expect a completely new figure, but the head sculpt was the least I think anyone could have expect. It woulda been so easy. But, y'know.....Hasbro.

27 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Actually there are quite a few differences between the two. It's a little bit more than his standard armor just spray painted black. I believe @ADourcreated and posted a digital picture of this figure with comic accurate details. The helmet is definitely different, the gauntlets are different at the forearms. The nodes on the chest are in a different position and I believe a few more things.

Like I said though, I didn't expect a completely new figure, but the head sculpt was the least I think anyone could have expect. It woulda been so easy. But, y'know.....Hasbro.

Interetsing, I know there are different types of his stealth armor as well, but every aspect of his original that ive ever seen, looked the same, just in blue and red. And yeah hasbro is just trying to use that mold as hard as they can.. same with alot of their 80th stuff.. well at least with hulk. Honestly tho I love those molds and am ok with their reuse compared to others. 

nhtdeR5.jpg
Model X, Mark II

A later model, seen in issue 229, Model X, Mark II, was built in Tony's "tinkering" lab beneath his oceanside home.

A totally new suit of armor (made necessary by the fact that all of Tony's armors were sent to the bottom of the ocean when he became a drunk), it
http://www.ironmanarmory.com/Stealth_Armor_files/stealthrocket-filtered.jpg
features many of the advancements of the Silver Centurion Armor, Model XII, but it's much slimmer and more maneuverable. Weaker than most armors, the model is vulnerable to armor-piercing bullets but it does have the capability to function in both underwater and outer space for short periods.

Like the previous model, the space inside the armor was needed for Stark's incredible radar-bending stealth modules, so some of Iron Man's standard functions and applications were left out. But unlike the first Mark, this version of the Stealth Armor contains repulsors (connected to a greatly pared down weapons system. Iron Man only has enough energy for three repulsor blasts). Space was in such short supply that to fit in the weapons, computing power was trimmed. The Stealth Armor has only minimal CPU hardware, a reduced-instruction-set computer for housekeeping duties only. Tony also had to slim down his communications array. While he retained a two-way receiver, Stark had to ditch his FM radio (making long flights tiresome). In addition, IM only had room for two negator packs in his small storage bins.

What the armor lacks in strength and firepower, it makes up for with guile. The exterior of the Mark II suit was crafted from an alloy mesh weaved with prismatic fibers. The resulting surface alters the way light reflects off of it. Operating on similar principles this is a limited version of his Chameleon Mode (on the Model XII armor), which caused IM to blend in to his surroundings. This cloaking device merely changes the armor's exterior color (turning him white, for example). While not full-proof, it is effective.

Other known features: The armor contains a multi-frequency scanner.

Special feature on this suit: Model X, Mark II utilizes a nifty rocket booster for intercontinental travel (made necessary by the rather limited nature of the stealth construction). This saves Shellhead fuel and energy.

Armaments: 40mm Low Power Omnibeam, 25mm Low Power Palm Repulsors.

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

The Stealth armor, done correctly, is not a repaint of the classic  red & gold armor. Its also not two toned (going by the first appearance of the stealth armor of course). The "widow's peak" indentation that, on the classic armor, allowed him to raise the entire face plate up, now comes down all the way to wear the nose would be. The diode knobs on the chest were moved down to the abdomen, the cuffs on the gauntlets and boots were scooped, and of course there was the domed oval backpack. None of these are on the Legends figure. Its not a bad figure- its just not correct.

The reviewer is showing two figures because one of the figures came out glossier than the other.

Its weird, I dont recall any stealth armor figures at least in the toybiz/hasbro lines ever be accurate by what you all are saying. Even the 3 3/4 version I have is a repaint of the original that i also have. 

Thanks @Atlantis for clarifying the double figure debacle. I couldnt really see a difference from a glance. Definitely noticeable now that you bring it to my attention. Kind of weird but it seems theres been problems with this guy on quality as well. 

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

Once again, a total lackluster attempt. I knew it would mostly be a repaint but I thought at least the helmet would be done right. Chalk this up to another case of expecting too much from Hasbro. Gonna have trouble peeling the stamp off this figures a$$ cuz this thing is totally mailed in.

I kind of wish I didn't go on these forums so much because I didn't even see the inaccuracies :/ still looks good but that sucks 

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Its not a bad figure- its just not correct.

And that about seems to sum it up. With this figure and so many more like Maestro, and Sasquatch, and Silver Surfer, Etc., Etc.

31 minutes ago, Curtar said:

I kind of wish I didn't go on these forums so much because I didn't even see the inaccuracies :/ still looks good but that sucks 

I bet Hasbro wishes the same thing. LOL.

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Its weird, I dont recall any stealth armor figures at least in the toybiz/hasbro lines ever be accurate by what you all are saying. Even the 3 3/4 version I have is a repaint of the original that i also have. 

Thanks @Atlantis for clarifying the double figure debacle. I couldnt really see a difference from a glance. Definitely noticeable now that you bring it to my attention. Kind of weird but it seems theres been problems with this guy on quality as well. 

This is the artwork for the first appearance of the Stealth armor. As you can see the stealth figures made so far don't match the original suit. 

RCO002.jpg.c35b235585855a831a7007b57a76be45.jpg

Pretty much everybody here has said everything I would have said, but yeah. This figure looks good on its own, but not as an accurate interpretation of the Stealth Armor. Since the sculpt isn't salvageable I will try to at least make it color-accurate by using one of those tutorials in YouTube on how to dye action figures black. Then I will paint the faceplate sockets vibrant red and hopefully it turns out good.

As for the digital mock-up that monron mentioned, @EvilHayatohere it is, for reference:

jz0335c2s8s61.png

1 hour ago, Curtar said:

It does look good! One other inaccuracy is that the unibeam is red ...but guess what, I love that thing, I'm gettin that thing. 

I think its safe to say that those of us that have pointed out the errors are just saying we know they can do better. I mean just look at Maverick and War Machine, for example. They were like off the page perfect. And they're not simple figures either; both are very intricate.  Both the Stealth and Silver Centurion figures could've been just as good with just a little more attention to detail.

I too skipped the video but I thought the side by side were showing the crotch busted out on the figure on the right, apparently quite a few reviews show this happening on their Stealth Iron Men.

overall, I find the figure striking. I see what many are saying in that it’s not comic accurate but this is close enough for me. Wouldn’t mind the two tone that the junky Retro figure has either.. something about the shades of blue appeal to me.

but... it would be nice if Hasbro did put the effort in to make this one truly unique. Imagine the appeal if this guy was comic accurate, he’d really stand out on our shelves

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

This is the artwork for the first appearance of the Stealth armor. As you can see the stealth figures made so far don't match the original suit. 

RCO002.jpg.c35b235585855a831a7007b57a76be45.jpg

Thanks for the pics, it definitely helps paint the picture as to what they are missing. Im sure Hasbro and many other companies look at it as its soooo close to the classic armor, that they can easily get a pass by just recoloring without the extra labor of adding the backpack, redoing the head and bracers on his legs and arms. 

1 hour ago, ADour said:

As for the digital mock-up that monron mentioned, @EvilHayatohere it is, for reference:

jz0335c2s8s61.png

Yeah that helps alot as to what he should look like. Its definitely a phoned in adaptation but its close enough imo and man do i love that deep dark shade of blue. Ive always been a sucker for stealth armor iron man due to that simple feature. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

"...Im sure Hasbro and many other companies look at it as its soooo close to the classic armor, that they can easily get a pass by just recoloring without the extra labor of adding the backpack, redoing the head and bracers on his legs and arms..."

True, and they also know that if they make a Stealth armor figure, totally comic accurate, 2 years or so down the line, virtually everyone who bought this one will buy that one. 

I'm not necessarily hating on them, just saying they didn't have to go the lazy route. I mean at least sculpt on the backpack unit because that's what houses the main stealth components/radar wave modifier. But you pick your battles. They haven't yet made an accurate classic Vision, but since I don't know if they ever will, I've bought the ones they have made. The fans who are disgusted with their work on Stealth and Silver Centurion are completely justified. The fans who werent 100% happy, but picked them up, thats cool too.

After this wave, the only two Iron Man armors I want are a redone Neo classic armor (so I can put the vintage wave version out of its misery), and a first appearance grey armor. I'm sure a lot of collectors already have a version of that armor that's serviceable but I would like them to whip up a new one... and they can get two different figures out of the same buck; repaint him gold for the Avengers #1 variant.

8 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

After this wave, the only two Iron Man armors I want are a redone Neo classic armor (so I can put the vintage wave version out of its misery), and a first appearance grey armor. I'm sure a lot of collectors already have a version of that armor that's serviceable but I would like them to whip up a new one... and they can get two different figures out of the same buck; repaint him gold for the Avengers #1 variant.

I'm in agreement with the 2 you want but have to add pointy mask version,iron_man_classic_armor.thumb.jpg.d10ee462a017aa73984c309102cb7131.jpg1452739454_Ironman3pack2.thumb.jpg.92858a4320d11c917b7964f0d26c8b3f.jpg the heroes return armor & 80s space armor and galactic storm space armor!