Winter Hulk Is Coming

JayC

WORLD WAR SHE-HULK, the upcoming arc in Jason Aaron and Javier Garrón’s action-packed run on AVENGERS will continue into September with AVENGERS #48! This explosive new arc will see She-Hulk facing off against Red Guardian and the Russian Winter Guard, who are tasked with bringing Jen to justice. After being taken prisoner and sent to the notorious assassin-training academy known as the Red Room, She-Hulk will be transformed into something terrifying and the Winter Hulk will be unleashed upon the world. Who will dare to try to stop her? Find out in this exciting new chapter in the saga of She-Hulk when AVENGERS #48 hits stands on September 1st!

AVENGERS #48
Written by JASON AARON
Art and Cover by JAVIER GARRÓN
On Sale 9/1!

Winter-Hulk.jpg

3 hours ago, JayC said:
WORLD WAR SHE-HULK, the upcoming arc in Jason Aaron and Javier Garrón’s action-packed run on AVENGERS will continue into September with AVENGERS #48! This explosive new arc will see She-Hulk facing off against Red Guardian and the Russian Winter Guard, who are tasked with bringing Jen to justice. After being taken prisoner and sent to the notorious assassin-training academy known as the Red Room, She-Hulk will be transformed into something terrifying and the Winter Hulk will be unleashed upon the world. Who will dare to try to stop her? Find out in this exciting new chapter in the saga of She-Hulk when AVENGERS #48 hits stands on September 1st!

AVENGERS #48
Written by JASON AARON
Art and Cover by JAVIER GARRÓN
On Sale 9/1!

Winter-Hulk.jpg

She-Hulk vs Winter guard sounds fun. But man this design looks bad. 

I realize most of my Marvel comic related questions here begin with "Didn't they already . . . ," but didn't they already do this on the Avengers cartoon, not the good one, the last one, where they tried to be like the movies and everybody obsessed over Falcon's mothers cookies?

THIS is why I stopped reading comics full-time.*

* Another golden oldie.

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa! Here's the new She-Hulk, she red, looking like He-man and is trying to be a Scarlett Johansson cosplayer

Yeah what am I looking at here, this is too much, sometimes you just gotta not do something, even though you can..

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I will defend modern comics until I'm blue in the face with the amount of hot takes people who don't read them like to throw around. Aaron's Avengers is an exception. 

This looks downright embarrassing. Aaron is terrible. Please let someone else take this book.

In the same boat

2 hours ago, Legender said:

OMG ... I remmember Aaron was good a few years ago ... is he on drugs now? 

His Thor run was great, his current Valkyrie run is pretty good too, but his Avengers is just terrible

1 hour ago, Fyrefly21 said:

I will defend modern comics until I'm blue in the face with the amount of hot takes people who don't read them like to throw around. Aaron's Avengers is an exception. 

This looks downright embarrassing. Aaron is terrible. Please let someone else take this book.

I would say I second this but @nWoWolfpackbeat me to the punch so I third this. I love how all three of us are in the same wavelength regarding this.

13 hours ago, ADour said:

lmao Aaron is not a good case in point. Even internally other Marvel writers take jabs at his work.

I find it hilarious that they take jabs at his work, but continues to write dumb stuff, like his Kree BC which was totally left out of Empyre. The way he left Thor, was undone by Cates with his temp upgrade with power cosmic. His idea for AvX II is completely skipped over Hickman and the X-Office, as well as other Marvel writers, like they’re doing diplomacy between Krakoa and cosmic empires, the Avengers, Eternals, Symbiotes etc… there might be some conflict building with the Illuminati being back and kicking out Charles and Beast. Also Wanda being a mutant again possibly. Aaron just writes nonsense with his Avengers book that gets crapped on by other writes at Marvel and Marvel itself; for example this past week with Thor’s family, they said Gaea is his real mom in the video posted by Marvel, which totally skipped over the entire Phoenix tournament revelation of the Phoenix being Thor’s mom which was written by Aaron in the Avengers book, but they used recent photos from his Avengers run. The Avengers run is just bad, there’s so many better writers that they can to write the Avengers; for example, Ewing with a co-writer, because he’s writing like 5 books at once, or Zub, Orlando, McKay, there needs to be at least 3 Avengers books, because there are so many Avengers in limbo and other characters that would be interesting on the Avengers. 

8 minutes ago, JayC said:

Im not defending that this is a good story cause I havent read any of it, but I am just curious if you all have, or just making an assumption its going to suck?

Making an assumption, because the run has been mediocre at best 

18 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I find it hilarious that they take jabs at his work, but continues to write dumb stuff, like his Kree BC which was totally left out of Empyre. The way he left Thor, was undone by Cates with his temp upgrade with power cosmic. His idea for AvX II is completely skipped over Hickman and the X-Office, as well as other Marvel writers, like they’re doing diplomacy between Krakoa and cosmic empires, the Avengers, Eternals, Symbiotes etc… there might be some conflict building with the Illuminati being back and kicking out Charles and Beast. Also Wanda being a mutant again possibly. Aaron just writes nonsense with his Avengers book that gets crapped on by other writes at Marvel and Marvel itself; for example this past week with Thor’s family, they said Gaea is his real mom in the video posted by Marvel, which totally skipped over the entire Phoenix tournament revelation of the Phoenix being Thor’s mom which was written by Aaron in the Avengers book, but they used recent photos from his Avengers run. The Avengers run is just bad, there’s so many better writers that they can to write the Avengers; for example, Ewing with a co-writer, because he’s writing like 5 books at once, or Zub, Orlando, McKay, there needs to be at least 3 Avengers books, because there are so many Avengers in limbo and other characters that would be interesting on the Avengers. 

I think I've shared it here before, but my dream Avengers creative line-up would be the No Surrender /  No Road Home team working as a think tank with each of Ewing, Zub and Waid (although since Waid isn't doing Marvel at the moment I would replace him with MacKay) writing their own title with the a level of interconectivity like you see in the Dawn of X titles.

This would allow for occasional or stealth crossovers (like Bendis used to do with New and Mighty Avengers, where you could see the New Avengers reacting to the Ultron attack in Mighty or becoming infected with symbiotes as collateral damage to the Venom Bomb arc), and would also allow for characters to guest-star in other titles or even just appear as background characters. To this end, the book's main setting would be a massive Avengers headquarters which would act as an "overworld" similar to Krakoa for the mutants.

In terms of scope, the series could harken back to the way Hickman properly conveyed the Avengers like a worldwide defense system with a big presence. There would be a massive branching line-up similar to Hickman, but with three main "stems" for each Avengers team. The main team would be your standard powerhouse apocalypse-averting team. another team could do more domestic heroing like Ewing's Mighty Avengers, and the final team would be a Secret Avengers team. Maybe to reinforce this sense of legacy, each of the Big Three could be the leader of each team, with Thor for the powerhouse main team, Captain America for the domestic team and Iron Man for the Secret Avengers team (I just love me some Stealth Armor, and it would be interesting to see Tony in a more scheming position to steer away from the MCU's influence turning him into a shock-and-awe fighter).