Updated Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse Wave 2 Images

JayC

Hasbro has released updated images for their upcoming Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse Wave 2 figures. The original images for this wave released by Hasbro were early 3D renders. These appear to be more finalized actual figure images.

You can pre-order these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. The wave includes the following figures:

Magneto figure
2 Head sulpts
2 Pairs of hands
2 Effect parts

Rogue figure
2 Pairs of hands
Colossus BAF piece

Cyclops figure
Colossus BAF piece

Sabretooth figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
Colossus BAF piece

Shadowcat figure
2 Pairs of hands
Pair of claws
Colossus BAF piece

Iceman figure
2 Pairs of hands
Colossus BAF piece

Legion figure
2 Pairs of hands
Colossus BAF piece

AoA-01.jpg

AoA-03.jpg

AoA-04.jpg

AoA-05.jpg

AoA-06.jpg

AoA-07.jpg

AoA-08.jpg

AoA-09.jpg

AoA-10.jpg

AoA-11.jpg

AoA-12.jpg

AoA-13.jpg

AoA-14.jpg

AoA-15.jpg

AoA-16.jpg

AoA-17.jpg

On 6/28/2021 at 10:14 AM, Benn said:

Legion looks a bit more accurately slender, at least in the arms.

I noticed that, but his legs are still tree trunks.  Let it be known, Legion does not skip leg day!

Are they using a different buck for Rogue than the one they've been using for 616?  Ugh...why would they do that!? 😩

That Colossus buck is perfect for an Outback version, They just need to add a new head & lower legs. That AOA Sabretooth buck is perfect for a long over due scale accurate Bulldozer & the rest of the Wrecking crew as well!  Just needs head/belt boots & arms colored in. The overall paint color is perfect for BD.

B9Q7AUQ.pngBEEgGl3.jpg

I only picked up Iceman and Kitty, cause I collect everything Kitty, and Iceman just looks sick, especially in the final images, but I’m somehow tempted to pick up both AOA waves now, despite having zero connection to the story. Something about being able to pick up 2 waves and a deluxe a having a near-complete team and storyline is just really tempting. Gotta be strong lol, this year is hitting hard even without buying things I don’t need.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:32 AM, Gigantor said:

That Colossus buck is perfect for an Outback version, They just need to add a new head & lower legs. That AOA Sabretooth buck is perfect for a long over due scale accurate Bulldozer & the rest of the Wrecking crew as well!  Just needs head/belt boots & arms colored in. The overall paint color is perfect for BD.

B9Q7AUQ.pngBEEgGl3.jpg

You sir, are a visionary.

These all look so good compared to the Renders, except Kitty's face does look worse, sadly that's the figure I wanted the most out of this wave, now that I look at these all I really am thinking I might just have to get em all in the end, I pre-ordered Rogue and Kitty, but I'll try to track down the rest once they drop if I still feel this way, Surprised how much I love that Sabretooth seeing the actual figure and Colossus looks really good. I wasn't really diggin a whole second AOA wave but I think I've changed heart.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:32 PM, Gigantor said:

B9Q7AUQ.pngBEEgGl3.jpg

Man You;ve done it again! yes this is a perfect buck/build for a new Bulldozer, it's pretty much already done here, good thinking.

On 6/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Man You;ve done it again! yes this is a perfect buck/build for a new Bulldozer, it's pretty much already done here, good thinking.

It's actually the  perfect buck for Bulldozer, Piledriver & Thunderball as all 3 basically have the same costumes with different colors & of course BDs helmet & studded belt/wrists/boot cuffs. Hasbro also has to sculpt Pile driver with slightly larger forearms/hands.

1602821745_wreckingcrewbusts.thumb.jpg.9ad70ae67004d8a25c6c8dc87507dfcd.jpg

The upper torso for Shadowcat looks correct, but it also looks like they used it for Rogue, which is NOT correct. 

I do wonder sometimes if these errors are due to laziness, incompetence, or just a way to milk as much $ as they can out of us. Because let's face it, if they re-issue that exact same Rogue 2 years from now with the correct proportions, people that bought this one will buy that one.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:32 PM, Gigantor said:

B9Q7AUQ.pngBEEgGl3.jpg

The Legends team said that Sabretooth is on the Colossus body and that Colossus is on a new, much bigger body, to match both characters being drawn much bigger in the Age of Apocalypse than in 616. Both bodies would be far too big for your suggestions. 616 Colossus (with whom AoA Sabretooth shares his sculpt) is over a foot taller than Bulldozer and this Colossus will tower over 616 Colossus figures.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:08 PM, MonsterChris said:

Are they using a different buck for Rogue than the one they've been using for 616?  Ugh...why would they do that!? 😩

Same as above! Age of Apocalypse Rogue has a very different body type than 616 Rogue. This figure is proportioned just like she was drawn in AoA.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:22 PM, Benn said:

The Legends team said that Sabretooth is on the Colossus body and that Colossus is on a new, much bigger body, to match both characters being drawn much bigger in the Age of Apocalypse than in 616. Both bodies would be far too big for your suggestions. 616 Colossus (with whom AoA Sabretooth shares his sculpt) is over a foot taller than Bulldozer and this Colossus will tower over 616 Colossus figures.

How is Sabertooth on the Colossus body? I don't see any lines on the body?  Now if they both are on larger bucks then fuggedaboudit!