Updated Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse Wave 2 Images

JayC

Well the figures definitely look better than the digital renders; that said, i'm skipping this whole wave.  Seems like that happens about once a year now (last year it was the venompool wave).  No big deal in the grand scheme of things, its actually nice to get a break when hasbro's release schedule has been so fast and furious the past couple of months.

As many others, not a big fan of these versions of the characters or a fully AoA based wave altogether, but that Colossus is on point. Sabes is way too big, but at least we got him. Maybe now that they have a version of the mold without banded arms we can get a proper Warpath. Rogue and Shadowcat look like they stepped straight out of the comics, but without Bachalo's weird dimensional interpretations. Ice Man as well, but as he looks ridiculous in the comics, he does as well in plastic. It's just a damn shame we haven't even gotten a decent version of regular Ice Man before this one. Magneto looks good and Cyclops is pretty much in line with all the other Cyclops'. Thanks to the ML team for not changing his body mold for inexplicable reasons like they did with Ice Man and Electro and others in the past. Legion hit me out of left field, but in a good way, and his look fits in with the 616 proper as well as AoA. So glad to have him. It's not a perfect wave by any means, but it's a solid one, and the best thing about it, no movie figures in sight. We better soak up as much comic X-Men love as possible before their much anticipated entry into the MCU.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:05 AM, Dodge76 said:

I only have Shadowcat pre-ordered and I don't like the light hair color they given her so far.

spacer.pngspacer.png

That’s what color her hair was in this story.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:47 PM, SpiderS said:

I love the sculpt on Rogue overall but these hips are almost pre pubescently thin and even worse thanks to her boots that make it even worse visually, when she's supposed to be mother of a child with Magneto, which makes it even weirder, wish they have just gone with AOA Jeans legs or Rogue Pyro two pack legs. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That’s what she looked like in this story. They very, very intentionally picked those hips for accuracy.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:59 AM, Benn said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

That’s what she looked like in this story. They very, very intentionally picked those hips for accuracy.

Yes, you have a point here, at least with this Cruz and Madurera, but other artist drew her with more realistic proportions, and as a counter point  same artists drew Iceman and Sabretooth with massively exaggerated proportions too but figures still have the more basic proportions. I guess saved money for me.

spacer.png

On 6/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, SpiderS said:

Yes, you have a point here, at least with this Cruz and Madurera, but other artist drew her with more realistic proportions, and as a counter point  same artists drew Iceman and Sabretooth with massively exaggerated proportions too but figures still have the more basic proportions. I guess saved money for me.

spacer.png

Madureira was the primary artist drawing her during this storyline, though, so it makes a lot of sense to use him as the reference. As for the other two, they’re using the Colossus body for this Sabretooth, which they explicitly stated was their attempt at representing him huge the way he was usually drawn in the storyline. He’s going to be significantly bigger than virtually all non-BAF figures in this line. Iceman was all over the place, sometimes drawn with huge gangly arms, sometimes drawn with a snake tail instead of legs. His control of his powers during the Age of Apocalypse was so acute he just took whatever shape he needed, so I’m not sure there’s a wrong way to depict him. I think the body they went with is probably skinnier than I would’ve chosen, but he never had the relative consistency that Rogue and Sabretooth did for most of their major appearances throughout the AoA.

Ah well, $ saved. AOA was never a great storyline for me, so the 3 waves based on that story arc saved me $ that I utilized on the Stilt man & Ursa Major waves. Only X-Men figs I really need to finish my classic team are classic Angel in either Red or Blue costume, Banshee in his green togs, classic Havok & classic Iceman with a fixed head that ain't split down the middle!

I enjoy AOA but was never that attached to the storyline to buy any of the figures. With that said tho, this wave looks amazing for what it is. Also if I WAS a big AOA fan, having 2 distinctive lines dedicated to that entirely would have me extremely happy. Its rare when a full wave is all related to eachother and you feel you need to get them all for that one particular team.  

On 7/1/2021 at 9:29 PM, tarot said:

Lol the pony tails are separate pieces.

That was my reaction as well 😅 I assumed Hasbro 'corrected' the head sculpt? In the first digital render of Sabretooth, the pony tail is not seen...so I assumed there is none and was about to ask when did AoA sabretooth get a haircut?

Super hyped for this upcoming AOA Sabretooth! Now here's hoping for Nemesis  and Colossus: MarvelLegends

What is with the right side of Kitty's face? is it just the angle of her pose or does her cheek look swollen?

Age-Of-Apocalypse-Shadowcat-01.jpg

On 6/29/2021 at 5:59 PM, Benn said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Its been so long since I read that story, I forgotten alot. I wish Hasbro would hurry up and reveal that Excalibur set so I can make up my mind if I want this figure or not.