Marvel Heroes Pay Homage To Captain America In Spectacular 80th Anniversary Covers

JayC

This year, Marvel Comics is honoring the 80th anniversary of Captain America with a new collection of extraordinary variant covers! Gracing the covers of your favorite ongoing series throughout July will be reimagined versions of iconic heroes including Black Widow, Miles Morales, and Spider-Man. These star-spangled homages have been designed and crafted by some of the industry’s greatest artistic talents: John Cassaday, Steve McNiven, Iban Coello, Pepe Larraz, Leinil Francis Yu, Mark Brooks, Nick Bradshaw, and Terry and Rachel Dodson.

See all eight CAPTAIN AMERICAN 80TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVERS now and collect them all starting on July 14th!

On Sale 7/14

IRON MAN #10 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by JOHN CASSADAY & DAVE STEWART

SPIDER-WOMAN #13 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by STEVE MCNIVEN & FRANK D’ARMATA

On Sale 7/21

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #28 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by IBAN COELLO & ALEJANDRO SÀNCHEZ

MOON KNIGHT #1 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by PEPE LARRAZ & MARTE GRACIA

On Sale 7/28

BLACK CAT #8 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by LEINIL FRANCIS YU & SUNNY GHO

BLACK WIDOW #9 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by MARK BROOKS

FANTASTIC FOUR #34 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by NICK BRADSHAW & RACHELLE ROSENBERG

THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES #4 CAPTAIN AMERICA 80TH VARIANT COVER by TERRY DODSON & RACHEL DODSON

BLACKCAT2020008_Yu_Cap-80th-anni.jpg

BLAW2020009_Brooks_Cap-80th.jpg

FF2018034_Bradshaw_Cap-80th.jpg

IM2020010_Cassaday_Cap-80th-var.jpg

MIGHTYVALKYRIES2021004_Dodson.jpg

MMSM2018028_Coello_Cap-80th-var.jpg

MOONKN2021001_Larraz_Cap-80th.jpg

SWOMAN2020013_McNiven-Cap-80th-var.jpg

This type of gimmick isn't for me. I don't need to see Captained versions of other heroes, just like I didn't care for Venomized versions or Hulked-Out Heroes. I have no problem if other people want them, but they're not for me.

If Hasbro wants to release a new America Chavez, or U.S.Agent, or some of the brand new alternate Captains that they've previewed recently, I'm down with that.

With the prevalent "anti-state/burn-it down" mentality floating around, I should probably be happy the House of (Lefty) Ideas is even still publishing Captain America. That's just it, though, I'd rather have one really great Cap book, one really great Cap cover, than a thousand goof-ball gimmick's some editor came up with on the can.

On 7/1/2021 at 3:29 AM, tarot said:

Okay be honest guys. Who wants these as figures? 

The way they seem to be putting out all kinds of figures but only slowly getting to the ones we really want, it wont surprise me to see these being produced soon.

I really don't have interest in these as figures; the only one that kind of gets me is the Black Widow, but unless they put her on the proper body mold, then....Nyet.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:14 AM, RyanDaly said:

This type of gimmick isn't for me. I don't need to see Captained versions of other heroes, just like I didn't care for Venomized versions or Hulked-Out Heroes. I have no problem if other people want them, but they're not for me.

If Hasbro wants to release a new America Chavez, or U.S.Agent, or some of the brand new alternate Captains that they've previewed recently, I'm down with that.

"Tokenism" at it's best right here. Which one is "Rainbow" Cap?

On 7/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, mako said:

Granted, Marvel's been doing cover stunts like this for ages, but anytime I see it nowadays, I can't help thinking "Oh look, Marvel's trying to make the next Gwenpool."

Yeah, that's the whole point of a business, to try and make that one super-profitable thing and replicate it. The only problem is you've seen it done so many times, so you know how to recognize when Marvel throws 100 ideas at the wall knowing that 99 will be crappy and one will be Wolverine that they can license and merchandize and make bank off that overshadows the 99 bad ideas. This is not new, nor will it change.

• 2 weeks later...

If they wanted to make a figure of the Widow, Black Cat or Moon Knight, I'd buy it like a sucka, the way things go these days we will see them making these 1 off cover variants before we get say Classic Mandarin, Strange or Falcon (as examples)