Hasbro Pulse-Con 2021 Event Announced For This Fall

JayC

Hasbro today officially announced their second-annual Pulse-Con event which will take place later this year. They didn't give a specific date but said it would take place this Fall. Last year Pulse-Con was at the end of September. During Pulse-Con they will show off new products virtually for their various brands and sell their yearly exclusives that normally would have been offered at Comic-Con. Like last year SDCC is not having a physical event.

This is perhaps where that rumored Marvel Legends Excalibur team boxset will be released.

When more details become available we will be sure to pass them on to you.

Hasbro-PulseCon-2021.jpg

The first exclusive revealed

Shown below via Yahoo is the first 2021 Pulse-Con Marvel Legends exclusive with a Spider-Man Retro Cardback Venom figure. It was announced earlier this morning the Hasbro would be holding their second-annual virtual Pulse-Con event sometime this Fall. The cost is $31.49.

Pulse-Con-Venom-01.jpg

Pulse-Con-Venom-02.jpg

Pulse-Con-Venom-03.jpg

Pulse-Con-Venom-04.jpg

Surprised they went for a show-accurate design considering so far all retro Spider-Man Marvel Legends only used the packaging of the show's toys and not the design from the shows themselves and even made characters not in it (like Sandman).

Don't get me wrong, this figure looks amazing with that shading but now it would be neat if Hasbro did at least a Spider-Man figure with the show's aesthetic, otherwise this Venom will be a bit of an odd one out.

I friggin love this but hate alot about it. For $32, for a regular sized non baf, limited accessory figure, that is too damn high. Also not shown in these pics, but in others i saw, there are 2 HUGE gaping holes on his shoulders where im sure omega red and warpaths shoulder pads inserted. They didnt even put tendril accessory or anything to cover that up. Just so weak. I would totally buy this at regular cost or even at $25 since its an "exclusive" but that just feels money hungry to me. 

Love the screen accurate red and blue detailing, but I've just about had it with Hasbro's Matty-Collector schtick. A nostalgic paint job won't drive me to buy a ridiculously over-priced exclusive. If they keep pulling this crap, though, it may just drive me AWAY from buying their regular stuff.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, EvilHayato said:

For $32, for a regular sized non baf, limited accessory figure, that is too damn high.

Agreed.  That's absolutely ridiculous.  And the figure looks kind of bad as well.  I understand what they were trying to do with the blue and red highlights but it's a swing and a miss.

This just legitimately put me in a bad mood.  And not because I'm disappointed that I don't want the toy they made.  They do that all the time and I just walk on by.  I'm genuinely mad that they did a bad job on a toy, called it "exclusive" and priced it at $32.  This is how you're treating fans today?  Good to know.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:00 PM, MonsterChris said:

Agreed.  That's absolutely ridiculous.  And the figure looks kind of bad as well.  I understand what they were trying to do with the blue and red highlights but it's a swing and a miss.

This just legitimately put me in a bad mood.  And not because I'm disappointed that I don't want the toy they made.  They do that all the time and I just walk on by.  I'm genuinely mad that they did a bad job on a toy, called it "exclusive" and priced it at $32.  This is how you're treating fans today?  Good to know.

Especially when people (like myself) have been wanting an updated Venom on a retro card for ages. Venom was the first figure I got from the original 90's line.

Easy pass. But since the topic is Venom I  would like to see an updated movie Venom figure, perhaps in a two pack with carnage. The movie is right around the corner and I was thinking it'd be cool if Hasbro would give us something like this, especially since the already released movie Venom is a great figure. 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:00 AM, MonsterChris said:

I agree. I've been wanting a retro Venom since the line was announced and Venom on the Omega Red buck since before then. I could see them releasing one without the shading at retail for $25, but the problem is that we don't know yet. This is exactly the kind of bs pricing they've been pushing in the Black Series, pricing normal sized figures as deluxe ones with no extra accessories to speak of. I really hope this doesn't become the norm for Legends as well. My only hope is that since this is the "SDCC" exclusive, basically we're paying for the premium deco and the packaging and it'll be a one-off thing.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I agree. I've been wanting a retro Venom since the line was announced and Venom on the Omega Red buck since before then. I could see them releasing one without the shading at retail for $25, but the problem is that we don't know yet. This is exactly the kind of bs pricing they've been pushing in the Black Series, pricing normal sized figures as deluxe ones with no extra accessories to speak of. I really hope this doesn't become the norm for Legends as well. My only hope is that since this is the "SDCC" exclusive, basically we're paying for the premium deco and the packaging and it'll be a one-off thing.

Since this is a Pulse Con exclusive, more than likely it was a planned SDCC figure.

Finally the right Venom figure, wrong Paint job and wrong method of release, this is the Standard venom we have all been asking for on the right buck, but I can't say I'm thrilled with the cell shading animated series paint deco, it's out of place for 1, no other retro spidey legend is based off the TV show exactly, a figure like this would just stand out awkwardly in a collection, I get what they were going for but It's not what I like, plus the price hike and only available at HasCon, I'm going to pass, I have a strong feeling we will see this figure not far down the road without the cell shade deco, and when we do call me.

Love the body mold. But the Cell-paint gimmick and Exclusive nature of the figure means I'm passing on this with extreme prejudice, man. Given that it's so gimmicky when the rest of the line isn't gives me confidence that we'll see a normal painted version. Even so....Hasbro's gimmicks and particularly their Artificial Scarcity routine and Retailer-Exclusve tom-foolery with all their lines has about worn me the eff out. Oh, and the fact that it costs nearly 40 dollars a figure for us Northmen on average. This hobby is getting too tedious.

I am glad Hasbro is not using the Hyperion mold. However, I would have preferred Hasbro used the Movie Venom instead. I do want comic Venom in the Omega Red body (not as much as I want him on the movie Venom body). I am not a huge fan of Spider-Man the animated series. So, this is a slightly easy pass for me.