Hasbro Pulse-Con 2021 Event Announced For This Fall

JayC

Looks pretty good for a CARTOON homage. I never thought the Venom on the cartoon looked right with those odd colored shading marks. Shading is an art in and of itself and to make 2D objects look 3D or reflective or whatever, is actually pretty hard. It always looked to me that the artists or colorist  on the cartoon were very  amateur in their execution.

i agree with all above, for what it is the price is an insult. Thankfully he isn’t something I’d buy at regular price. Just glad this wasn’t an never before done Avenger with the same cheap out handling, then I’d have to think long and hard

While the Omega Red buck is much better than the Hyperion buck, I still think it's too big for the Classic version of Venom. While the added articulation is a plus, I'm still waiting for Hasbro to put the Odinson buck to use. I think it woulda been better suited for this situation. Maybe they'll use it for most of the upcoming Classic Hercules figure.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:00 AM, MonsterChris said:

Agreed.  That's absolutely ridiculous.  And the figure looks kind of bad as well.  I understand what they were trying to do with the blue and red highlights but it's a swing and a miss.

This just legitimately put me in a bad mood.  And not because I'm disappointed that I don't want the toy they made.  They do that all the time and I just walk on by.  I'm genuinely mad that they did a bad job on a toy, called it "exclusive" and priced it at $32.  This is how you're treating fans today?  Good to know.

^ THIS.  There's no upside to p[issing off paying collectors. I for one will not buy a figure that I get irritated at, seeing it on my shelf. Constant reminder of being a sucker for buying it. No. I'll walk away, and if I get the impression Hasbro is just taking me for granted, I will spend my money elsewhere. 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, monron999 said:

While the Omega Red buck is much better than the Hyperion buck, I still think it's too big for the Classic version of Venom. While the added articulation is a plus, I'm still waiting for Hasbro to put the Odinson buck to use. I think it woulda been better suited for this situation. Maybe they'll use it for most of the upcoming Classic Hercules figure.

The 80s Herc buck should be the replacement buck for the outdated Hyperion buck when it comes to characters in the 6'4, 6'5 & 6'6 range, it should be utilized for the 3 members of classic Wrecking Crew who basically have cookie cutter outfit of various colors, Thunderball, Pile-driver & Bulldozer.1602821745_wreckingcrewbusts.thumb.jpg.9ad70ae67004d8a25c6c8dc87507dfcd.jpg Wrecker is the only one that would require new tooling but all 4 should be scale compatible with one another as Wrecker is 6'3, ,BD & Pile-driver are 6'4 with T-ball being the tallest at 6'6. We need them to replace these atrocities!

thunderball-8.thumb.jpg.c4f0d0fe8490beb3f0ac3f7044672b9a.jpg1671096746_Wreckerouttascale.thumb.jpg.42a77bff07b854cd10e5d1c2ebc34b62.jpg

Okay this is super epic reveal, although it does create interesting  uncertainties  in regards this retro wave being animated or more comics based, which means there’s still some guess work we might need  for characters like Doc Ock or Chameleon if they get spot in the series. It would be real nice if we get real Animated series looking Spidey tho, just like that Diamond Select statue they made with animated shading. Oh and yes those holes on shoulders are ugh maybe they could just include some tendrils at very least. 

On 7/2/2021 at 3:50 AM, SpiderS said:

Okay this is super epic reveal, although it does create interesting  uncertainties  in regards this retro wave being animated or more comics based, which means there’s still some guess work we might need  for characters like Doc Ock or Chameleon if they get spot in the series. It would be real nice if we get real Animated series looking Spidey tho, just like that Diamond Select statue they made with animated shading. Oh and yes those holes on shoulders are ugh maybe they could just include some tendrils at very least. 

Or hole fillers, like the HasLab Unicron

I wonder how many fools will actually pay for this thing. On second thought, scratch that, I really don't need to know. Hopefully no one will and Hasbro will realize No, you can't just get these guys to buy ANY thing we put out, there does need to be some thought to quality....

On 7/2/2021 at 12:31 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Slap on a fur collar, a new Sabretooth head and some paint, and you've got the perfect Classic Sabretooth!

Why are people so fixated on this idea? This body is for characters around 7-feet tall, like Omega Red and Warpath, and he's half a foot shorter than that. Even in the Animated Series, where he was huge, it was all muscle and width, and he was only a few inches taller than Cyclops.