Hasbro Pulse-Con 2021 Event Announced For This Fall

JayC

On 7/2/2021 at 10:10 PM, Benn said:

Why are people so fixated on this idea? This body is for characters around 7-feet tall, like Omega Red and Warpath, and he's half a foot shorter than that. Even in the Animated Series, where he was huge, it was all muscle and width, and he was only a few inches taller than Cyclops.

Perfect proportions and musculature on that body and very well executed butterflies that would work great with Sabretooth also holes they can use for his fur, and artists always take huge liberties with his size not to mention how inferior is Hyperion mold to Omega red body. 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, Benn said:

Why are people so fixated on this idea? This body is for characters around 7-feet tall, like Omega Red and Warpath, and he's half a foot shorter than that. Even in the Animated Series, where he was huge, it was all muscle and width, and he was only a few inches taller than Cyclops.

Yes I'm thinking youre right, this buck is for taller guys and Sabertooth's tall, but not 6'11" like Omega Red's supposed to be. Of course there's the problem where some artists can't seem to keep the heights of these guys consistent, which makes it harder to say exactly how tall the figure should be. But overall I don't think this buck is a fit for Sabertooth.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:24 PM, Atlantis said:

I wonder how many fools will actually pay for this thing. On second thought, scratch that, I really don't need to know. Hopefully no one will and Hasbro will realize No, you can't just get these guys to buy ANY thing we put out, there does need to be some thought to quality....

Well, here's the strategy....

Designer #1: "So, we've done this guy literally every way possible, multiple times, with the same SCULPT. With a Brock head. Without. With one dumb head and two. Fists and claws. With paint splash effect on shoulder. Without. Didn't we even do the thing where we put a Punisher-symbol on the body, and the rubes still paid $80 to get that on ebay?"

Designer #2: "Exactly. We know that saying 'it's a homage' or using the word 'retro' will make this literally fly off the shelves. Not that anyone can get our toys on their shelves anyway! Ha ha ha!",

Designer #1: "Or even pre-order anything! You know we only ever put enough of these out to enable maximum gouging on ebay by scalpers and keep demand way higher than availability. That's vertical distribution for you."

Designer #2: "Still...will a few incongruous stripes and huge gaping peg-holes guarantee this prestige figure's success? What am I saying? Of course they will! These people are idiots!!"

Designer #1: "They sure are! Like we always say, though: infinitum store et convention exclusivus plus nil mainstream distri bution et Collectorius nostalgicum moronicus equalis profitin maximus."

Designer #2: "Don't you mean: 'Where fans come first'?"

Entire world: Ha ha ha ha!

On 7/2/2021 at 1:10 PM, Benn said:

Cuz artistic license my friend. Some people see a character depicted larger than his actual stated hgt via comics or a toon & automatically want said figure in that exaggerated hgt. Creed is 6'6 but some people want him to all of a sudden be 7'6 or even 8 ft tall cuz so & so hot artist of the month drew him giant sized. So now they want a fig of Venom in giant sized bucks even though Brock is just 6'3 but  "oh, Venom became a shapeshifter/sizeshifter in issue so n so".  There was a time when Marvel had editors & even artists that adhered strictly to the characters listed hgt but sometime in the early 90s, they started letting the hgt scale on Highs & Hulk reach the 8 even 9 ft level & it's all gone downhill since then. Think the "great" Liefeld was the 1st one to start depicting Juggs as a 8-9 footer when he battled X force. 

On 7/1/2021 at 8:01 PM, Gigantor said:

The 80s Herc buck should be the replacement buck for the outdated Hyperion buck when it comes to characters in the 6'4, 6'5 & 6'6 range, it should be utilized for the 3 members of classic Wrecking Crew who basically have cookie cutter outfit of various colors, Thunderball, Pile-driver & Bulldozer.1602821745_wreckingcrewbusts.thumb.jpg.9ad70ae67004d8a25c6c8dc87507dfcd.jpg Wrecker is the only one that would require new tooling but all 4 should be scale compatible with one another as Wrecker is 6'3, ,BD & Pile-driver are 6'4 with T-ball being the tallest at 6'6. We need them to replace these atrocities!

thunderball-8.thumb.jpg.c4f0d0fe8490beb3f0ac3f7044672b9a.jpg1671096746_Wreckerouttascale.thumb.jpg.42a77bff07b854cd10e5d1c2ebc34b62.jpg

Yes, those were bad. They looked good, but man were they sooooo outta scale. All the Wrecking Crew should be around Thor size, if even that. Also, Piledriver has never, ever worn gloves. Why they didn't just use the hands they gave Bulldozer is a mystery. Do it again Hasbro. Do it as a box set, do it as an etailer exclusive, whatever. Just stay the hell away from Walmart and Target exclusive.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:55 AM, monron999 said:

Yes, those were bad. They looked good, but man were they sooooo outta scale. All the Wrecking Crew should be around Thor size, if even that. Also, Piledriver has never, ever worn gloves. Why they didn't just use the hands they gave Bulldozer is a mystery. Do it again Hasbro. Do it as a box set, do it as an etailer exclusive, whatever. Just stay the hell away from Walmart and Target exclusive.

Only T-Ball is 6'6, the rest are in the 6'4/6'3 range & the new Herc buck is the one to utilize on 3 of the members with only Wrecker requiring new tooling.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Pulse-Con will only see the two exclusive (Venom and the MODOK 2-Pack) for Marvel and not a super ton of reveals.

Which begs the question still for that Excalibur set we thought was coming. First thinking it would be an Amazon exclusive and then when we got the Wolverine set instead thinking perhaps it would be one of this years summer exclusives. Now that those hopes are dashed, im not sure where to expect it or maybe even that its not a Exclaibur team boxset????

On 7/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, JayC said:

Looks like Pulse-Con will only see the two exclusive (Venom and the MODOK 2-Pack) for Marvel and not a super ton of reveals.

Which begs the question still for that Excalibur set we thought was coming. First thinking it would be an Amazon exclusive and then when we got the Wolverine set instead thinking perhaps it would be one of this years summer exclusives. Now that those hopes are dashed, im not sure where to expect it or maybe even that its not a Exclaibur team boxset????

Amazo. a box set like that will more then likely be amazon.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:36 AM, leokearon said:

I would be very happy with that. Anything that doesn't require buying another Nightcrawler

I've said it before but that Jim Lee Sky Blue Boxed Set that they had Love Triangle (Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine) and the X-Factor 2-pack (Havok and Polaris) needs to make a return.

Ship it!

On 7/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, EvilHayato said:

I friggin love this but hate alot about it. For $32, for a regular sized non baf, limited accessory figure, that is too damn high. Also not shown in these pics, but in others i saw, there are 2 HUGE gaping holes on his shoulders where im sure omega red and warpaths shoulder pads inserted. They didnt even put tendril accessory or anything to cover that up. Just so weak. I would totally buy this at regular cost or even at $25 since its an "exclusive" but that just feels money hungry to me. 

I agree with you 100%. With shipping it's going to end up being almost $40 which sucks because I actually really like it

Shown below via Jwmp_show are new in-hand images for the Marvel Legends Pulse-Con Exclusive Spider-Man Animated Series Retro Cardback Venom figure which will include 2 head sculpts and alternate hands. The figure has already been released overseas but here in the US will be released as a 2021 Pulse-Con exclusive for $31.99. The figure is currently listed but not available for purchase on HasbroPulse.

Animated-Series-Venom-01.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-02.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-03.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-04.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-05.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-06.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-07.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-08.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-09.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-10.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-11.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-12.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-13.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-14.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-15.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-16.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-17.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-18.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-19.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-20.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-21.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-22.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-23.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-24.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-25.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-26.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-27.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-28.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-29.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-30.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-31.jpg

Animated-Series-Venom-32.jpg

On 7/24/2021 at 11:45 AM, leokearon said:

Despite Venom being my first STAS figure I got, the more I see this figure the more I don't want it. The holes in the shoulder stick out like a sore thumb and the Shoto colour scheme just doesn't sit with me.

I thought someone had asked Dan or Dwight and they had indicated the shoulder holes would be filled in on the final product, but I could be wrong 

On 7/24/2021 at 12:06 PM, bashpics99 said:

I thought someone had asked Dan or Dwight and they had indicated the shoulder holes would be filled in on the final product, but I could be wrong 

Well, if you're not wrong, they should say something more definitively. Maybe an official tweet/facebook post from Hasbro Pulse or address it on the live stream next week, because that that thing would definitely sell better if those holes weren't there.

This photo shoot really shows off the great sculpt of the figure. It was a great choice of body. That’s about all the praise I have for this figure, 

on one hand I’m glad that this and that MODOK set are the only Con offerings this year. Between Galactus and the Infinity Saga Sets Hasbro will already be getting a lot of my money. 

These Con offerings are money I don’t have to spend.

On 7/24/2021 at 5:40 PM, Satam said:

Well, if you're not wrong, they should say something more definitively. Maybe an official tweet/facebook post from Hasbro Pulse or address it on the live stream next week, because that that thing would definitely sell better if those holes weren't there.

Hard to see the final product having it's holes filled, when people are showing in hand images of the final sealed product. Also they didn't fix the hands.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:58 PM, leokearon said:

Hard to see the final product having it's holes filled, when people are showing in hand images of the final sealed product. Also they did to fix the hands.

I totally forgot there were reviews from Shartimus and ToysShiz. Yeah, the holes in the traps are there, and a running change seems unlikely. But what do you mean "they did fix the hands"? I'm not seeing the white patches on them in any of the three in-hand reviews that are up on Youtube. Or are you talking about something else?

On 7/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, Satam said:

I totally forgot there were reviews from Shartimus and ToysShiz. Yeah, the holes in the traps are there, and a running change seems unlikely. But what do you mean "they did fix the hands"? I'm not seeing the white patches on them in any of the three in-hand reviews that are up on Youtube. Or are you talking about something else?

I meant they didn't fix the hands