Amazing Spider-Man #75 Kicks Off A New Era

JayC

Last week, Marvel announced that a team of superstar writers will assemble this October for a brand new run of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, and Patrick Gleason have crafted a saga beyond anything that’s come before in Spider-Man history, and the soon-to-be thrice-monthly series will boast an all-star team of amazing artists. Writer/artist Patrick Gleason will be the bedrock of the team, leading the design and doing the art on the over-sized milestone issue AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75 . Joining him will be acclaimed artist Sara Pichelli, the co-creator of Miles Morales doing her first work on Amazing Spider-Man, as well as Michael Dowling, known for his incredible work on Black Cat. In addition, comic book legend Arthur Adams will grace this epic run with his amazing artwork on each and every cover. And this is just the tip of the iceberg for the legends who will be bringing this revolutionary epic to you!

Here's what Editor Nick Lowe had to say about this upcoming era:

“When we started building ‘Beyond’ we knew we had to pull out all the stops from the artistic side. That began with making sure Patrick Gleason was with us from the get-go as a writer AND an artist. His recent webhead covers have rocked the industry showing yet another element to the incredible career that we all saw on display during his run on Amazing Spider-Man. He quickly stepped up to be our artistic cornerstone, but we also needed to make sure that whoever else joined him were elite talents.

“Sara Pichelli is an absolute legend, creating some of the most impactful work of the last ten years. It’s crazy to think this will be her first time drawing Amazing Spider-Man, and she’s already blown us away with her masterful work. Michael Dowling’s work on Unfollow and other works got him hired for Black Cat, but his work there showed us that he would be an absolute superstar, and his issues are already blowing our minds. And then, to be able to land Arthur Adams as our cover artist. I mean, from his classic X-Men Annuals to today, Arthur has defined the Marvel Universe visually as much as almost anyone. So to have him here? I’m beyond excited. And wait until we reveal the rest of our all-star roster!

Don’t forget to check out FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2021: SPIDER-MAN/VENOM on August 14th for your first glimpse at what’s to come in this exciting new age of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! Check out upcoming covers, variant covers, and artwork from the first three series artists and stay tuned for more information, including the grand reveal of the main cover for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75
Written by ZEB WELLS
Art by PATRICK GLEASON
Beyond Board: KELLY THOMPSON, SALADIN AHMED, CODY ZIGLAR, PATRICK GLEASON & ZEB WELLS
Wraparound Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
Webhead Variant Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
On Sale 10/6!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #76
Written by ZEB WELLS
Pencils by PATRICK GLEASON
Beyond Board: KELLY THOMPSON, SALADIN AHMED, CODY ZIGLAR, PATRICK GLEASON & ZEB WELLS
Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
Variant Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
On Sale 10/13

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #77
Written by KELLY THOMPSON
Art by SARA PICHELLI
Beyond Board: SALADIN AHMED, CODY ZIGLAR, PATRICK GLEASON, ZEB WELLS, & KELLY THOMPSON
Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
On Sale 10/20!

AmazingSpiderMan_Interior_Dowling.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan_Interior_Gleason.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan_Interior_Pichelli.jpg

ASM2018075_Gleason-webhead-variant.jpg

ASM2018076_cover.jpg

ASM2018076_Gleason-variant.jpg

Spider-ManBeyond_CostumeDesign.jpg

On 7/1/2021 at 5:33 PM, Atlantis said:

Not into Spider-Man knock-offs. Miles was able to convince me, but I still can't figure why they don't give him another name.

This guy, I have zero interest in.

Personally I like Ben. Yeah, Miles needs a new name to as long as it isn't Kid Arachnid. 

Giving me Brand New Day flashbacks with the three-writer think tank and thrice-a-month schedule. That being said, most vitrol for BND came from what One More Day undid rather than BND on its own. Plus, even with Peter in the hospital, this status quo is bound to be better than the BND status-quo, especially since MJ is still by his side.

Excited for this story, Ben deserves a second shot at being Spider-Man, and this isn't too big of a change to turn me off like Superior Spider-Man was.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:32 PM, ADour said:

Giving me Brand New Day flashbacks with the three-writer think tank and thrice-a-month schedule. That being said, most vitrol for BND came from what One More Day undid rather than BND on its own. Plus, even with Peter in the hospital, this status quo is bound to be better than the BND status-quo, especially since MJ is still by his side.

Excited for this story, Ben deserves a second shot at being Spider-Man, and this isn't too big of a change to turn me off like Superior Spider-Man was.

Seems they are trying to capture the BND vibe but with Ben. Also it seems that Pete and MJ are married again, given you can see a wedding ring on MJ's finger 

Yeah, they're going to have to knock this out of the park to keep me on board.  I have nothing against Ben, but he's just not my Spider-Man, he's a great character, but he needs a different lease on life, to be differentiated somehow from Peter. 

Peter out of commission is giving me Superior Spider-Man vibes, the thrice monthly think tank thing has me thinking BND, neither of which were highlights in the last few decades of Spider-Man stories.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zeb Wells a big part or at least a part of the thinktank roster back then? If so, it's only furthering the BND connection.  Overall, not excited for this, ASM is always on my pull list, but this could be a time to drop it, hopefully I'm wrong and this is great stuff.  

On 7/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, greenlucario said:

Yeah, they're going to have to knock this out of the park to keep me on board.  I have nothing against Ben, but he's just not my Spider-Man, he's a great character, but he needs a different lease on life, to be differentiated somehow from Peter. 

Peter out of commission is giving me Superior Spider-Man vibes, the thrice monthly think tank thing has me thinking BND, neither of which were highlights in the last few decades of Spider-Man stories.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zeb Wells a big part or at least a part of the thinktank roster back then? If so, it's only furthering the BND connection.  Overall, not excited for this, ASM is always on my pull list, but this could be a time to drop it, hopefully I'm wrong and this is great stuff.  

Wells wrote a few issues during the BND era, but the think tank was Dan Slott, Mark Waid and Marc Guggenheim.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, greenlucario said:

Zeb Wells is best known for Shed. The story where Lizard ate his kid. Not a lot of people liked it if I recall

On 7/1/2021 at 11:40 PM, ADour said:

Wells wrote a few issues during the BND era, but the think tank was Dan Slott, Mark Waid and Marc Guggenheim.

Thanks, thought he was in there, but I guess it was only for a story.  

On 7/2/2021 at 12:40 PM, RoMe00150 said:

Zeb Wells is best known for Shed. The story where Lizard ate his kid. Not a lot of people liked it if I recall

Wow, I knew I remembered not enjoying him on a Spider-Man story, I just can't believe I forgot he was on Shed, never liked what it did to Lizard.  

• 2 months later...
An all-star lineup of writers and artists have assembled to bring you one of the boldest sagas in Spider-Man history! Kicking off next month in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75, creators Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, Patrick Gleason, Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson will team up on the thrice-monthly title and shake up the Spider-Man status quo beyond your wildest expectations. This revolutionary era will see the return of Peter Parker’s fan-favorite clone: Ben Reilly. Backed by the Beyond Corporation, Ben Reilly is more than ready to take over and be the best Spider-Man there ever was. Does he have what it takes? And what does Peter have to say about it? This fresh take on the Spider-Man mythos will introduce new foes, redefine classic villains, and make you rethink the whole concept of Spider-Man! Get your first look at Ben Reilly’s early adventures as the new Spidey in the all-new AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BEYOND trailer, featuring never-before-seen artwork!

Find out if Ben Reilly is up for the challenge when AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75 hits stands on October 6th.

ASM75_Cover.jpg