Captain America Anniversary set?

tarot

Today Dan Yun confirmed that there will be no Marvel Monday today but he also went onto confirm that there will be something for Captain America's anniversary later in the year (don't ask us when). This got me thinking of what it could possibly be (beside the obvious 80th cap repainted in brighter colors). Unless it's a one off anniversary thing like the Thanos was we could get a set with 2 or more characters. What do you think it could be?

For me I want one of  3 things:

First is the obvious First Appearance Captain America (new upper torso and head will do, just don't make grin) with a redone Bucky (not Cap Bucky or Winter Soldier, WWII Bucky, even the retconned "He was older then he appear in the original comic" so they could use AIM bucky will do.)

Second is an extension of that just add a repaint of Namor (maybe with different colored trunks and new head), a Jim Hammond Torch, Whizzer and Ms. America for an invaders set.

Third is a more recent concept where they give us the 4 Cap and one or 2 of the new caps from the recent Captain Americas series.

I could see a three back with 1st Appearance Cap, Bucky and Red Skull, being done.

Or a standalone first appearance Cap in packaging done like Captain America Comics #1 like they are doing for some of the Black Series Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary line.

I would love an entire Captain America wave akin to the Iron Man series that's coming out, but I kind of doubt Hasbro could keep that under wraps for this long while still getting it in stores by the end of the year. Ultimately I don't care if it's single-carded, multi-packs, box sets, or whatever... these are the Cap-related figures I would like.

• Captain America - repaint of the 80th anniversary figure with more traditional comic book blue colors, ala the Mike Zeck era. 
  • Falcon - classic version, smaller wings; redwing accessory
  • Bucky - WWII version as @tarotdescribed; ideally on a brand new buck roughly the size of Ultimate Spider-Man
  • USAgent - with interchangeable Steve Rogers head to make the Captain
  • Baron Zemo
  • Madame Hydra/Viper

As well as any unmade members of the Serpent Society and the Invaders/All-Winners Squad. I'd also be open to seeing some of the brand new "inspired by" Captain America characters. 

On 7/5/2021 at 7:34 AM, tarot said:

"Today Dan Yun confirmed ...that there will be something for Captain America's anniversary later in the year (don't ask us when)....For me I want one of  3 things: First is the obvious First Appearance Captain America (new upper torso and head will do, just don't make grin) with a redone Bucky (not Cap Bucky or Winter Soldier, WWII Bucky....Second is a.. repaint of Namor (maybe with different colored trunks and new head), a Jim Hammond Torch, Whizzer and Ms. America for an invaders set...."

Ahhhhhh....sweet!! I've been craving a set like this for a few years now on this forum. But I'm curious how Cap can have an anniversary later this year when he debuted in March 1941. Except maybe theyre going by the date the comic hit the stands ( I think it was December of that year)? Even so, if it gets us first appearance Cap, with Bucky the boy hostage, The Sub-Mariner & the Human Torch, I'm happy. Let this be the opening for Golden Age figures like the original Vision, Destroyer, Blazing Skull, Miss America and tag in some ret cons like U-Man and Baron Blood...YES!

On 7/5/2021 at 6:50 PM, Atlantis said:

Ahhhhhh....sweet!! I've been craving a set like this for a few years now on this forum. But I'm curious how Cap can have an anniversary later this year when he debuted in March 1941. Except maybe theyre going by the date the comic hit the stands ( I think it was December of that year)? Even so, if it gets us first appearance Cap, with Bucky the boy hostage, The Sub-Mariner & the Human Torch, I'm happy. Let this be the opening for Golden Age figures like the original Vision, Destroyer, Blazing Skull, Miss America and tag in some ret cons like U-Man and Baron Blood...YES!

This whole year is the year of the Shield so the anniversary celebrations are all year. They are just saying that the Marvel Legends item to celebrate Cap's 80th birthday while be later this year, hence why we haven't seen anything so far.

On 7/5/2021 at 2:13 PM, tarot said:

According to Dwight, this year had so many anniversaries, the F4, X-force, Deadpool, Cap, Infinity Gauntlet etc, that they basically got overwhelmed by it a couldn't do everything. They are focusing on the f4 this year for waves though.

If X-Force and Deadpool got anniversary priority over Captain America and the Fantastic Four, I would start a fire. 😡 Those guys get waves every year, they can take a backseat for now.

Most of these were my picks from the "Build a better box set wave" but they'd work in a wave, too.

-Captain America (lighter blue and red repaint for the 80th Cap or Onslaught wave Cap with new head to give him a bit more of a Mike Zeck feel. Either would be great).
-Sharon Carter
-US Agent (John really needs a redo)
-Sin
-Isaiah Bradley
-Scourge of the Underworld (classic)
-Falcon (classic)

• Captain America 1st appearance Or 70s Cap (just put the black "shading" on the front of his mask)
  • 70s Falcon (classic w/ articulated Redwing (the recent Falcon is great but remember, this guy is as big as Cap)
  • Madame Hydra/Viper (this is not some scrawny girl; she is 5'9" & 140lbs Woman. Pinless)
  • Moonstone (original)
  • 70s Nomad (Steve 1st appearance)
  • Deadly Nightshade (70s outfit)
  • SHIELD Agent (w/ asst. heads- Nick Fury, Gabe Jones, Dum Dum & helmeted trooper)

On 7/5/2021 at 8:13 PM, tarot said:

According to Dwight, this year had so many anniversaries, the F4, X-force, Deadpool, Cap, Infinity Gauntlet etc, that they basically got overwhelmed by it a couldn't do everything. They are focusing on the f4 this year for waves though.

So far they are going them all barring Onslaught and Heroes Reborn  - F4 has the retro wave and maybe the Hasblab; the retro DP release covers DP, Infinity Gauntlet got Thanos and the cosmic characters; X-Force has that teased Cannonball and Domino and they have mention they are doing something for Cap.

This is great news, any Cap love is welcome

id be surprised if they give tooo much attention to the Invaders era heroes outside of Namor or Jim Hammond Torch but who knows with the selection Hasbro has given us in recent years. It’s safe to say all bets are off on any character.

whatever they give us I hope Cap AND Iron Man become yearly waves. At least until they scrap the bottom of the barrel for suits like this:

On 7/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, RyanDaly said:

I would love an entire Captain America wave akin to the Iron Man series that's coming out, but I kind of doubt Hasbro could keep that under wraps for this long while still getting it in stores by the end of the year. Ultimately I don't care if it's single-carded, multi-packs, box sets, or whatever... these are the Cap-related figures I would like.

• Captain America - repaint of the 80th anniversary figure with more traditional comic book blue colors, ala the Mike Zeck era. 
  • Falcon - classic version, smaller wings; redwing accessory
  • Bucky - WWII version as @tarotdescribed; ideally on a brand new buck roughly the size of Ultimate Spider-Man
  • USAgent - with interchangeable Steve Rogers head to make the Captain
  • Baron Zemo
  • Madame Hydra/Viper

As well as any unmade members of the Serpent Society and the Invaders/All-Winners Squad. I'd also be open to seeing some of the brand new "inspired by" Captain America characters. 

An alternate Steve Rogers head wouldn't work as the buck for a classic US Agent should be slightly bigger/ buffer as Walker is 6'4 270lbs. Asides from that, your wave sounds good.

On 7/7/2021 at 4:32 AM, McHogan said:

This is great news, any Cap love is welcome

id be surprised if they give tooo much attention to the Invaders era heroes outside of Namor or Jim Hammond Torch but who knows with the selection Hasbro has given us in recent years. It’s safe to say all bets are off on any character.

whatever they give us I hope Cap AND Iron Man become yearly waves. At least until they scrap the bottom of the barrel for suits like this:

503C62BF-D9EE-4CB5-BE2F-7CC30C5FC90E.jpeg

Still be better than pantless Deadpool

Kinda roughed out my list on another post but.....

1. FA or WWII Cap - either one will do

2. Classic Bucky - on smaller mold

3. Diamondback - most recognizable pink and black

4. Sharon Carter - extra heads for Maria Hill and regular SHIELD agent

5. Nomad - Jack Munroe version

6. SHIELD Commander Rogers - extra heads for Nick Fury, Jr. and regular agent

7. US Agent - On Reaper Buck with Rogers alternate head sculpt

That gives us three Caps in this line which is about right for a wave dedicated to Cap, but it also gives the opportunity to create 2 alternate characters with Fury and Walker. This would be a perfect wave that hits all the right bullet points.

If I had my way it would be a whole wave of figures but if it is just a box set how about a set that includes a brighter 80th repaint, classic Falcon, classic Diamondback, Classic Helmut Zemo and Classic Strucker. I would settle for a Bloodstone Hunt package with just the repainted Cap, Diamonback and Zemo.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

If I had my way it would be a whole wave of figures but if it is just a box set how about a set that includes a brighter 80th repaint, classic Falcon, classic Diamondback, Classic Helmut Zemo and Classic Strucker. I would settle for a Bloodstone Hunt package with just the repainted Cap, Diamonback and Zemo.

I would prefer a  wave as well over a boxset which could have characters I have/don't want.

On 7/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, monron999 said:

Kinda roughed out my list on another post but.....

1. FA or WWII Cap - either one will do

2. Classic Bucky - on smaller mold

3. Diamondback - most recognizable pink and black

4. Sharon Carter - extra heads for Maria Hill and regular SHIELD agent

5. Nomad - Jack Munroe version

6. SHIELD Commander Rogers - extra heads for Nick Fury, Jr. and regular agent

7. US Agent - On Reaper Buck with Rogers alternate head sculpt

That gives us three Caps in this line which is about right for a wave dedicated to Cap, but it also gives the opportunity to create 2 alternate characters with Fury and Walker. This would be a perfect wave that hits all the right bullet points.

My only problem is that there are no villains. I would replace Nomad with a classic Zemo, but other than that I like it, especially the interchangeable heads,