Is Hugh Jackman Hinting At An MCU Appearance?!?

JayC

Actor Hugh Jackman who among Marvel fans is best known for playing the X-Men Wolverine in the Fox movies made a mysterious post yesterday on his Instagram stories page.

The post simply featured an image of himself along with Marvel Studio's President Kevin Feige standing side-by-side. In the image Jackman has his arm around Feige who has a big smile on his face. Of course this image could mean absolutely nothing or it could be a hint that Jackman is set to make some kind of appearance in the MCU. Only time will tell.

Would you like to see Jackman reprise his role as Wolverine in the MCU or do you think it's time for someone younger to take over? Let us know in the Comments Section.

Hugh-Jackman.jpg

He played Wolverine for twenty years, a physically demanding job that forced him to punish his body with diet and exercise in order thwart the advances of time and age. Give the man a break, let him eat a freaking donut. He won't play Wolverine in the MCU; Marvel will want a young actor they can sign on for a long commitment. 

All I know is if they are denying it, it's definitely happening. That's typical Disney mind plays.

I also agree it's time to let the role go to someone new and, honestly, someone younger, especially if they plan on running with the X-Men as the next big franchise. I know Wolvie is supposed to be a little bit older guy, but these days it's easier to make a character look a bit older rather than younger. Get a young guy for the role. Age him up a bit and let him age into the part. As long as they don't give it to that Dacre Montgomery kid. I don't know who came up with that idea or when it picked up so much steam on the internet, but the dude looks nothing like Wolverine. He's young, he's fit, but he's actually very thinly built and narrow chested. Ideally you would want someone with a bit broader build that can carry a significant amount of muscle and mass to do a proper Wolverine, and there are plenty of other young actors that can fill that spot. I don't know why people are so set on this kid. People are posting all these pics online showing how much he supposedly exudes Wolverine, but you can make Cameron Diaz look like Wolverine if you use enough photo shop.

The only sense it would make to have Hugh in this movie is to either segway in his son Jimmy in as the new Wolverine, which would be alright I guess, or to have him be an alternate Multiverse version who is much older than the actor they plan to use. Old Man Logan in the MCU wouldn't be a bad thing as long as he had someone to pass the torch to.

I loved the Original films (especially X2), one of the Prequel films (DOFP), and no one can deny the contribution Hugh has made to the genre and to the X-men specifically but it's time we get a short, non-heartthrob Wolverine.

If the idea is Hugh appears as a cameo, in a one-off Multiverse of Madness, that would be ok but for the long haul, let's not go back to that well.

Personally, I'm hoping for Jackman to be in Multiverse of Madness (which is the lead rumor regarding this). I think that's a great way for him to play Wolverine in the MCU and then have the character moved on to a new actor down the road. 

Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool is the only character from the Fox Marvel universe that I want to see fully survive into the MCU.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, Hordak Rules said:

Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool is the only character from the Fox Marvel universe that I want to see fully survive into the MCU.

He's also the only one who could seamlessly integrate into a new continuity because he can call out the differences in cast members, since he's allowed to break the fourth wall and have a meta-commentary on the movies.

On 7/6/2021 at 5:04 AM, tarot said:

Sorry but as much as Jackman was fantastic in the role of Wolverine, it's time for someone else to get the role. He had a perfect send off in Logan.

I agree. Let's not mess that up. 

Sure, its hard to think that anyone else could fit this or that role. But that's just it- its a role. Other actors can do it, and do it well. Yes, someone else can play Bond. Sean Connery will forever be my favorite, but others have proven they can do as good of a job. Yes, someone else can play T'Challa. Or Superman. Or Iron Man. Or....well, we can do this all day. 

On 7/6/2021 at 5:02 PM, RyanDaly said:

I think we're all missing the obvious here. Sure, Jackman played Wolverine for decades, but in his heart, he's a broadway star. He's the Greatest Showman. Friends, I think we're looking at the future Ringmaster of the Circus of Crime! 😍

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That would be interesting

On 7/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

If the idea is Hugh appears as a cameo, in a one-off Multiverse of Madness, that would be ok but for the long haul, let's not go back to that well.

Yeah I agree with this, and I think that's what might happen here, it will be a 1 off cameo, multiverse thing. It's time for a new actor and there will be a new actor to play Wolverine for the MCU, doesn't mean they can't chuck us a fan service Hugh Jackman multiverse thing.

On 7/6/2021 at 12:02 PM, RyanDaly said:

I think we're all missing the obvious here. Sure, Jackman played Wolverine for decades, but in his heart, he's a broadway star. He's the Greatest Showman. Friends, I think we're looking at the future Ringmaster of the Circus of Crime! 😍

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Ryan Uncovers the truth, the insider report is in... and Melissa Mccarthy as Teena the fat woman...

spacer.pngspacer.png

My opinion on expanding the MCU remains the same. Keep as much of the Marvel Universe OUT of Disney's hands as possible.

After Logan, which was crap to, is the fandom really ready for a wise-cracking, genius school attending Wolverine in an Iron Man suit getting fat and drunk playing video games?

Come to think of it, with the current state of the fandom, they'd probably love it.

For me the best thing that they could do with Jackman's wolverine is a cameo or two in some of the Multiverse related movies. As a huge fan of that wolverine I'd be more than happy with something like that, because I too think that right now it's time to shake things up a little, when it comes to the X-Men and even the F4 for that matter.