Marvel Select Titanium Man In-Hand Figure Images

JayC

Beautiful figure. MS still does some fine work even though literally nothing they do is in scale with anything else they do. This is a great stand in for the lack of an ML Titanium Man. Of course he's too big, and though he's been showed that large in the comics, the Bullski head sculpt makes it obvious how out of scale he is with ML. I have no doubt ML will eventually do one, but now that this version has been done they'll probably do a lesser known version. Whatever, just get it done. Now if MS can show Hasbro how to do a proper Sasquatch around this size we'd be in business. The sad thing is, with MS's track record, they'll probably do something weird with the leg joints like hinge joints with no thigh swivel.

• 1 month later...
We have new in-hand images to share with you today of the upcoming Marvel Select Titanium Man figure from Diamond Select Toys. A big thanks to retrofreshnostalgia who hasgotten his hands on the figure for taking these images and sending them to us to share.

The figure stand about 9.5" tall and includes and alternate Boris Bullski head and interchangeable hands. The figure started hitting comic and specialty shops today. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 1.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 2.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 3.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 4.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 5.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 6.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 7.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 8.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 9.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 10.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man 11.jpg

Marvel-Select-Infinity-Man.jpg

On 7/8/2021 at 6:38 AM, monron999 said:

Beautiful figure. MS still does some fine work even though literally nothing they do is in scale with anything else they do. This is a great stand in for the lack of an ML Titanium Man. Of course he's too big, and though he's been showed that large in the comics, the Bullski head sculpt makes it obvious how out of scale he is with ML. I have no doubt ML will eventually do one, but now that this version has been done they'll probably do a lesser known version. Whatever, just get it done. Now if MS can show Hasbro how to do a proper Sasquatch around this size we'd be in business. The sad thing is, with MS's track record, they'll probably do something weird with the leg joints like hinge joints with no thigh swivel.

Pretty sure he's actually underscaled for the "11 ft giant" Bullski and pretty close to on-point for the "7ft 1 inch out of armor/8ft 9inches in armor" version."  Also unhelmeted heads are almost always poorly scaled because action figure designers tend not to accurately scale them with the armor/helmet because they think it either makes the unarmored version a pinhead (Which would be more accurate when scaled to the armor) or the armored version a bobblehead (sculpting a helmeted head large enough to look like it could hold the unhelmeted sculpt inside it with some room to spare).

Or I guess it's more accurate to say that action figure designers have a tendency to make helmeted characters who couldn't fit a human skull in those helmet/masks.

Anyway, point being, I don't know for sure since there's no direct side-by-side shots but if Boris is about 9 inches tall then he's doing pretty dang good on scale.  If he's less than that he's too short, and if he's more than that he's either too tall or too short unless they kick him closer to 12 inches for his maximum documented size.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 7:04 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Still such a cool ass figure and I’m glad someone FINally done did it. Gonna look great with the Modular IM.
image.thumb.jpeg.c6ce25cf7a338d7e8ba4e4c4084850b1.jpeg

Select really has done a great job; that dark metallic hunter green is perfect and his size is about where it should be (actually some might argue he should be a tad taller).  I'm really tempted to get this figure, because we have no idea when/if Legends is going to, and I don't want it to sell out.

On the other hand, he's got limited articulation in comparison to what Legends would do (they probably wouldn't try to give him double jointed elbows but they would for the knees).  Likely they'd add some blast effects and what not, and I can't see them doing the figure as anything other than BAF or Deluxe (and deluxe means, what, $40-50.00?) so who knows....