New Disney+ What If Animated Series Trailer And August 11 Premier Date

JayC

I really would love that Thanos Armor Gamora and Flack Armor Black Widow. I really hope that the supposed Dr. Strange figure that we get (if we get it) isn't just Spider-Man with the Cloak of Levitation , I will hissy fit, because that's lame. That Vision/Ultron is really cool though, still most excited about seeing Peggy as Cap in figure form, she should look gorgeous.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:21 AM, SpiderS said:

Animation still seems on weird side for comic book property, gives me that 2003 MTV Spider-Man. which was kinda cool for its time but not that good today, I guess it's up to your personal taste, Spider-Man does look cool tho and some stories are indeed for sure super interesting, hopefully it does deliver.

Yeah, it did have that MTV Spider-man look to it.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:44 AM, TIgrito said:

What if it's not Vision, but the Red Skull? Those look like infinity stones on his chest. What if... the Skull was successful in using the tessaract stone to get all the others?

Because his face looks like the Vision, not the Red Skull. 

I'm wondering if this show will link Vision and Ultron more to Yellowjacket (Henry Pym) than Stark. They put way too much emphasis on him in the movie series.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:33 PM, Atlantis said:

Because his face looks like the Vision, not the Red Skull. 

I'm wondering if this show will link Vision and Ultron more to Yellowjacket (Henry Pym) than Stark. They put way too much emphasis on him in the movie series.

I doubt it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good. I always had high hopes for it cuz I was quite a fan of the What If? comic series. I just wonder if its gonna have the same effect the comic had on the Marvel Universe. It was instrumental on creating the mind boggling alternate universes that the comics tried to consolidate many years ago.

Originally it was just a cheap way to create new stories without having the confines of Marvel cannon, but it turned into a convoluted mess when writers and creators started pulling those characters and storylines into Marvel proper, and then it turned to a cop out go to any time they ran outta good ideas and just decided to use other peoples ideas.

Just from what I'm getting out of rumors about the Multiverse of Madness and No Way Home and the recent breaking of the main timeline in the Loki series I think its gonna give a buncha sub par, juvenile, talentless hacks (who Disney suddenly has an affinity towards, let's be honest) free reign to "create" all kinds of weird and nonsensical and editorialized stories and shows with zero consequences, cuz when they fall on their face, and they always do, they just write it off as some kinda one-off alternate timeline and walk away with little to no real world consequences.

I picture it as Marvel's version of the DCEU where there are basically innumerable versions of Batman, Superman, Flash, Luthor and pretty much any other character any of those previously mentioned hacks decide to pull out and bastardize their own version to their preferred taste. Not to mention how all these alt versions are gonna screw with all the Marvel Legends fans who are already having to wait through MCU, Gamerverse, Disney+, and now What If? to get classic and modern versions of comic characters that we haven't gotten yet or are due for update. It just looks like a recipe for pandemonium.

I never cared for the "zombie" craze for superheroes, anymore than I did the "gorilla" fad (even though that's probably more DCs schtick than Marvel's). But hey if someone wants figures like that, fine. Just make sure to give me my Inhumans, Starjammers, Golden Age, Invaders, and original Guardians of the Galaxy first, ok?

And what is up with not finally making a CORRECT classic Vision?

Where's Yellowjacket, Angel, Banshee, El Aguila??

On 8/8/2021 at 8:33 AM, Atlantis said:

I never cared for the "zombie" craze for superheroes, anymore than I did the "gorilla" fad (even though that's probably more DCs schtick than Marvel's). But hey if someone wants figures like that, fine. Just make sure to give me my Inhumans, Starjammers, Golden Age, Invaders, and original Guardians of the Galaxy first, ok?

And what is up with not finally making a CORRECT classic Vision?

Where's Yellowjacket, Angel, Banshee, El Aguila??

DC loved Gorillas they even seemed to have a belief that a Gorilla on the cover sold more comics.