New Disney+ What If Animated Series Trailer And August 11 Premier Date

JayC

On 8/25/2021 at 4:06 PM, mako said:

Obsession with jokes even though they have no clue how to write humor or comedy, total lack of any understanding of the characters involved or even the concept of the show they're writing for, and a total disregard for the subject material and any fans of said material bordering on total contempt.

Yup, so far this show is everything I've come to expect from Disney's perversion of the MCU. I guess I COULD give them half a point for that half-@$$ed attempt at a twist . . . NAH.

I'd say at least they're consistent, but the first episode was actually okay, so they they can't even suck consistently.

Good god. My eyes can’t roll hard enough. 

On 9/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, tarot said:

Go read marvel zombie. In that they are still conscious and had their powers. It seem to be the case in the episode. 

I'll pass, thanks. 

The plot of that series never made sense to me.  I'll accept super powers and magic and universe that allows these things to occur, even in violation of every law of physics known...but the comic/animation writers have to at least stick to the rules in their own 'verse.  If a walking corpse can still aim, nock and shoot an arrow with the same accuracy as when it was alive, then every mindless corpse in that zombie herd should still be doing whatever they were doing before they became afflicted. Dead bus driver still does his route, dead dentist still drills teeth, dead pilot still flies the 747, dead hooker still turns tricks, etc. In other words, everything just continues as it was except for the stench of dead bodies...so whats the point. But hey some people liked it, obviously enough did for the notion to continue, and I wonder what the next What If...? will have.

On 9/12/2021 at 8:55 AM, Atlantis said:

I'll pass, thanks. 

The plot of that series never made sense to me.  I'll accept super powers and magic and universe that allows these things to occur, even in violation of every law of physics known...but the comic/animation writers have to at least stick to the rules in their own 'verse.  If a walking corpse can still aim, knock and shoot an arrow with the same accuracy as when it was alive, then every mindless corpse in that zombie herd should still be doing whatever they were doing before they became afflicted. Dead bus driver still does his route, dead dentist still drills teeth, dead pilot still flies the 747, dead hooker still turns tricks, etc. In other words, everything just continues as it was except for the stench of dead bodies...so whats the point. But hey some people liked it, obviously enough did for the notion to continue, and I wonder what the next What If...? will have.

Because they have an insane hunger that makes them hunt for more food.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:55 AM, Atlantis said:

I'll pass, thanks. 

The plot of that series never made sense to me.  I'll accept super powers and magic and universe that allows these things to occur, even in violation of every law of physics known...but the comic/animation writers have to at least stick to the rules in their own 'verse.  If a walking corpse can still aim, knock and shoot an arrow with the same accuracy as when it was alive, then every mindless corpse in that zombie herd should still be doing whatever they were doing before they became afflicted. Dead bus driver still does his route, dead dentist still drills teeth, dead pilot still flies the 747, dead hooker still turns tricks, etc. In other words, everything just continues as it was except for the stench of dead bodies...so whats the point. But hey some people liked it, obviously enough did for the notion to continue, and I wonder what the next What If...? will have.

In the comics, the heroes retained their minds to some degree but were driven by an overwhelming need to feed, so they were shown using their powers in service of getting food.  Once sated, they would temporarily regain control of themselves and lament what they had become.  I can't see how a dead bus driver's bus driving skills would help sate his hunger in the same way that shooting an arrow at someone fleeing would help hawkeye sate his. This was also the motive for amputating Black Panther's leg in the comics - Pym kept feeding himself in order to retain a clear mind so that he could attempt to find a cure.

However, the animated show didn't make much sense since the heroes could use powers (even to the point of opening teleportation portals etc) without having any real consciousness (i guess wanda shows a glimmer when she realized Vision is dead, but iirc that's about it).

I'm not a fan of zombie fiction, be it in movies, comics, or TV. I get why Marvel Zombies was popular when it first came out, but it did nothing for me (although I found DC's Blackest Night even enjoyable). So, as predicted, I didn't love this episode of WHAT IF...? But I didn't hate it either. I thought they made a fairly entertaining (if not wholly logical) story out of a premise that typically leaves me cold. 

More than that, though, I'm glad they got to scratch the zombie itch in an easily disposable one-off animated episode, rather than incorporate the Marvel Zombies in one of their movies or something more significant. Good to get it out of their system like this.

(I hope.)

On 9/12/2021 at 3:12 PM, RyanDaly said:

I'm not a fan of zombie fiction, be it in movies, comics, or TV. I get why Marvel Zombies was popular when it first came out, but it did nothing for me (although I found DC's Blackest Night even enjoyable). So, as predicted, I didn't love this episode of WHAT IF...? But I didn't hate it either. I thought they made a fairly entertaining (if not wholly logical) story out of a premise that typically leaves me cold. 

More than that, though, I'm glad they got to scratch the zombie itch in an easily disposable one-off animated episode, rather than incorporate the Marvel Zombies in one of their movies or something more significant. Good to get it out of their system like this.

(I hope.)

Yeah. never liked Marvel Zombies so hopefully they have gotten out of their system now.

Why stop at one hero when we can show you all of them? Marvel Studios’ What If...? continues with brand new episodes streaming Wednesdays on Disney+.

From this trailer there definitely appears to be some episodes that pick up from episodes that aired in the first part of the season.

What-If-Mid-Season.jpg