Next Week Is Shaping Up To Be A Big Week For Marvel Legends Reveals

JayC

On 7/9/2021 at 8:14 PM, Gigantor said:

I am not amused 😉 .  Truth be told, I'm good with the classic Loki they gave us. That's how he looked in the comics for what, his 1st 30 yrs or so before they started giving him different looks. To me, that fig has his most iconic look & I'm done buying anymore Loki figs. He is also in scale with 80th anniv Thor.

I think the head on that Loki is perfect, but the body looks too "buff" for him. They should have included some magical effects for him too.

Pretty sure the Marvel Legends Haslab project is going to be the focus for Friday's live-stream. As far as I can tell no new regular product is going up for pre-order this week and the Marvel team keeps dropping hints like this one:

"if you like Marvel Legends, please save your weekly paycheck for this Friday. Thank you"

Boastful Loki and Classic Loki can include alternate comic book Loki heads, since both costumes are pretty close to comic book costumes or alternatively they can do eventual repaints, which probably will be easier and better for collectors and Hasbro. I really want to see Hasbro try to do something on par with Movie Thor wave comic book Loki, which despite horribly outdated articulation is still the best looking Loki figure in 6 inch scale. 

Hopefully this Friday's supposed amazing reveal will indeed include the retro F4 wave. 

And I'll continue to hold out hope for the Inhumans, Excalibur, and some of my most wanted from the "obscure" line up: Red Wolf, El Aguila, MAULER armor suit, Nemesis, Equinox, Killraven.

(I can hear the laughter now from everyone saying NOT A CHANCE....but what the hey...)

On 7/14/2021 at 5:42 PM, JayC said:

if you like Marvel Legends, please save your weekly paycheck for this Friday. Thank you"

People get payed Weekly in the 616 Universe? I sure don't

Anyways Friday can't come fast enough, I just want to see the reveals, I never even care what they are anymore, just show me stuff I havn't seen and make it feel like it's a present every time you do Hasbro, thanks

Yeah, I think Galactus is the out front winner in the court of public opinion. Me, not so much. The Sentinel made sense, cuz at least it was somewhat in the correct scale. Galactus will never be in scale and never even close so I'll never spend upward of $400 for one, especially knowing we got the last one, which was also way out scale, for free. Neither one is worse than the other cuz they're both wrong. To me, no Galactus is better, many times over, than an incorrect Galactus.

Many people see this as it being the only option, and they would be right, so for all of you who can and probably will buy it, congratulations. I'll pass.

I'm not willing to put $300 much less $400 down on anything...it would have to be truly impressive to me. The Sentinel was outstanding, but just not worth that price to me; I have less affinity for Galactus so that would be an easy pass. If they make the Fantasticar I'd get that. 

My concern is, if its Galactus, they'll have brand new 6" perfect pinless Heralds to go with him that you couldn't get elsewhere. RRgghh...😱

On 7/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm not willing to put $300 much less $400 down on anything...it would have to be truly impressive to me. The Sentinel was outstanding, but just not worth that price to me; I have less affinity for Galactus so that would be an easy pass. If they make the Fantasticar I'd get that. 

My concern is, if its Galactus, they'll have brand new 6" perfect pinless Heralds to go with him that you couldn't get elsewhere. RRgghh...😱

That's my fear, that if it is Galactus they'll use the Heralds as tier awards. and I'm happy with my Toy Biz version.

Dan Yun twitted that they will not have a SDCC exclusive this year. That's good news as that means that the Excalibur set will not be exclusive to that. Bad news is we still don't f-ing know where it will be. Now it's looking like an amazon exclusive, based on the usual patterns.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:47 PM, leokearon said:

That's my fear, that if it is Galactus they'll use the Heralds as tier awards. and I'm happy with my Toy Biz version.

Well I mean how else are they going to get people to buy galactus? like you many people have a galactus (short as both version are) so in order to get older collectors to jump in on the project, throw in characters they don't have yet.

Is it a sucky move? Yes. Are certain people going to give out about it and call it a scam? Yes and for many reasons they are right to do so. Then is it bad marketing? Absolutely not. it's brilliant marketing. Hasbro knows what they are doing and knows that people will buy it if a herald they want is part of the set. 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:14 AM, monron999 said:

Yeah, I think Galactus is the out front winner in the court of public opinion. Me, not so much. The Sentinel made sense, cuz at least it was somewhat in the correct scale. Galactus will never be in scale and never even close so I'll never spend upward of $400 for one, especially knowing we got the last one, which was also way out scale, for free. Neither one is worse than the other cuz they're both wrong. To me, no Galactus is better, many times over, than an incorrect Galactus.

Many people see this as it being the only option, and they would be right, so for all of you who can and probably will buy it, congratulations. I'll pass.

Actually, I’m pretty sure Galactus in the comics was around 40’ for a while, which a Haslab could pretty easily replicate. I’d even be happy with a 36” Galactus, he doesn’t need to be the size of a car, as long as he towers over the other figures and can support Surfer’s board, I’m good.

On 7/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, tarot said:

Well I mean how else are they going to get people to buy galactus? like you many people have a galactus (short as both version are) so in order to get older collectors to jump in on the project, throw in characters they don't have yet.

Is it a sucky move? Yes. Are certain people going to give out about it and call it a scam? Yes and for many reasons they are right to do so. Then is it bad marketing? Absolutely not. it's brilliant marketing. Hasbro knows what they are doing and knows that people will buy it if a herald they want is part of the set. 

The fact that it is Galactus, a figure a lot of fans want, should be enough, look at Unicron that didn't need extra figures to sell and I doubt that Bastion and the Female Prime Sentinel were major factors in people wanting to buy HasLab Sentinel. 

On 7/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Actually, I’m pretty sure Galactus in the comics was around 40’ for a while, which a Haslab could pretty easily replicate. I’d even be happy with a 36” Galactus, he doesn’t need to be the size of a car, as long as he towers over the other figures and can support Surfer’s board, I’m good.

According to my old Marvel Super Villains Top Trumps; Galactus is 28' 9"

32e95c390f02336da7ab34826822e3a5.jpg

On 7/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, leokearon said:

According to my old Marvel Super Villains Top Trumps; Galactus is 28' 9"

32e95c390f02336da7ab34826822e3a5.jpg

Galactus doesn't have a set size persay. Sure they could give us numbers on a card but alot of the times he can alter his size. Hell, he actually doesn't even look like that. that's just what we perceive him as so having various sizes is also true. As long as he is taller then most then it works.

On 7/15/2021 at 6:17 PM, tarot said:

Galactus doesn't have a set size persay. Sure they could give us numbers on a card but alot of the times he can alter his size. Hell, he actually doesn't even look like that. that's just what we perceive him as so having various sizes is also true. As long as he is taller then most then it works.

I know that, it's just when it comes sizes those Top Trumps cards are what i think of

On 7/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, tarot said:

On 7/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, leokearon said:

I know that, it's just when it comes sizes those Top Trumps cards are what i think of

Actually, most of the sites show that 28'9" statistic still, but as far as in the comics I don't ever recall seeing him that "small". I think, in general, the image that Galactus most invokes is the one that typically shows Silver Surfer (and other Heralds) speaking with him and they're roughly the size of his nose. I'm sure he's appeared at the 30" mark somewhere in Marvel history, but not any time I'm familiar with. Keep in mind, in early days, Juggernaut was barely taller than Cyclops and Thing once looked like corn on the cob.