Next Week Is Shaping Up To Be A Big Week For Marvel Legends Reveals

JayC

On 7/14/2021 at 10:41 PM, Atlantis said:

Red Wolf, El Aguila, MAULER armor suit, Nemesis, Equinox, Killraven.

(I can hear the laughter now from everyone saying NOT A CHANCE....but what the hey...)

Dude, I never would have thought I'd see The White Rabbit or Xemnu.  I love the obscure ones and I'd buy every one on your list here.  They'll continue to trickle out slowly, I think, but Hasbro's made it clear that no Mort of the Month is safe!

On 7/15/2021 at 12:35 PM, Legender said:

Is not Galactus, they will take the comments from the Sentinel once is delivered for next year for improvement, so most likely is the Fantastic Car and the Tier extras are Franklin and Valeria and something else 🤷‍♂️

That's funny, that was my initial thought when they first announced a second ML Haslab Project months ago, especially with all the FF hype and the upcoming vintage wave, but the Galactus talk kinda reeled me in. I guess it depends if Hasbro wants to go the route to try and out do Toybiz (at a huge price tag) or do something Toybiz never did.

Galactus may look like perfect sense off the heels of the undeniable success of the Sentinel project, but in terms of gambling, what would make more sense? Would more people want a re-do of an already flawed and honestly impossible to do accurate Galactus or something completely new that no one has ever seen like the Fantasticar? For me, my money's on the Fantasticar. The unlockable rewards could be figures that would be cool to have for most fans, yet not seen as necessary for all fans, like Valeria, Franklin or She-Thing.

I wasn't thinking about the tier awards, but now that its been pointed out, having to buy a $300+ re-do of something we initially got as a "bonus" at one time, to get characters like Frankie Ray Nova, or Firelord, or Airwalker would be a massive foot to the junk for a lot of fans.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:04 AM, tarot said:

Hasbro knows what they are doing and knows that people will buy it if a herald they want is part of the set. 

Oh yeah, Hasbro is brilliant. Sure, they're playing to a tiny percentage of collectors with more money than perspicacity, to the exclusion of the vast majority of collectors, but sewing division in the community never hurt nothin'. Just ask Mattel.

Honestly, if Hasbro told us in no uncertain terms they were going to make a widely available mainstream Galactus, and a HasScam release would have no affect on it, I'd be fine. They've given us no such indication.

Ask any economist, robbing Peter to pay Paul is a real dangerous business practice. Peter may just decide to up and stop buying what little you do decide to sell him.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:27 PM, monron999 said:

Actually, most of the sites show that 28'9" statistic still, but as far as in the comics I don't ever recall seeing him that "small". I think, in general, the image that Galactus most invokes is the one that typically shows Silver Surfer (and other Heralds) speaking with him and they're roughly the size of his nose. I'm sure he's appeared at the 30" mark somewhere in Marvel history, but not any time I'm familiar with. Keep in mind, in early days, Juggernaut was barely taller than Cyclops and Thing once looked like corn on the cob.

Until the artistic license guys were allowed to mutate them to the 8-9 foot scale. If you look at early art depictions of Galactus from the Kirby days all the way to John Byrne, he was never drawn as being bigger than 30ft tall , if that.  The 28'9 scale was his most common hgt. He actually shrunk in size as his cosmic energy dwindled due to going too long without consuming the life energies of a planet, be it populated or not. This wanting him 40' tall or even bigger is due to his depiction in cartoons. And of course, we all know, toons is what most people Base their knowledge of Marvel characters on. I was quite alright with the TB BAF Galactus myself, he was just a slightly repowered version. Heck , even at a small diminished size and "weakened" state, it took the FF, Dr Strange, Thor, Ironman, Cap & Ghost Rider to beat him!

On 7/15/2021 at 12:35 PM, Legender said:

Is not Galactus, they will take the comments from the Sentinel once is delivered for next year for improvement, so most likely is the Fantastic Car and the Tier extras are Franklin and Valeria and something else 🤷‍♂️

Personally I'm still holding out hope for Mole Man's Giganto the Mole Monster with a new Mole Man figure and Moloids!! This might even be a weak opportunity for an Eternals / F4 crossover because I believe the Mole Man really came to be by using the lost/forgotten Deviants' (or at least Kro's) technology and monsters, right? That classic first issue cover is still what I think about when I first think of the Fantastic Four with Giganto holding on to Sue....  maybe even some small 3D diorama pieces included....  or maybe Willie Lumpkin or Mobius comic figures as enticements....

I definitely want teenage Franklin and Valeria though too... but maybe they could come in a 3-pack with a comic version of Agatha Harkness (and perhaps even HERBIE again too?)?

On 7/15/2021 at 10:10 AM, MonsterChris said:

Dude, I never would have thought I'd see The White Rabbit or Xemnu.  I love the obscure ones and I'd buy every one on your list here.  They'll continue to trickle out slowly, I think, but Hasbro's made it clear that no Mort of the Month is safe!

Excellent point!! Those are definitely two I'd NEVER expect to be made...personally I'd never want wr, but even so, that they actually made her, does indeed lend hope to the notion that nothing, nothing is off limits. So yeah, gimme Red Rajah, Dr. Spectrum, Vanguard and Sidewinder too!

Those sleuths over on Reddit have been at it again and apparently found a place holder page on the HasbroPulse website for tomorrow's Marvel Legends Haslab reveal which as most suspected looks to be Galactus.

There are no images or specific details, just the name but all should be revealed tomorrow during Hasbro's live-stream which kicks off at 11am ET. Are your wallets ready?

Galactus.jpg

On 7/15/2021 at 8:19 PM, McHogan said:

Is anyone else uncomfortable that Hasbro still has our money for their first Haslab project without getting the actual figure in our hands before announcing ANOTHER hundreds dollars toy?

Not me, never bought Haslab Sentinel. Got 6 classic 16' scaled 3D printed versions for about the same price as 1 Haslab Sentinel.612864155_DOFPSentinel1.thumb.jpg.6cc5d40a098f3df2b9998085c0cd992c.jpg429470865_DOFPSentinel2.thumb.jpg.0359dbbfa0bfe2f0668663f87596a8b0.jpg1331114594_DOFPSentinel3.thumb.jpg.5a5ae626a1d7ef43767be6e1e1d109b6.jpg1863257328_DOFPSentinel4.thumb.jpg.5a1424de1921707446cb0d5af7e204e3.jpg

I wonder who will be packed in with Galactus?
We saw the (admittedly very basic) Prime Sentinel & Bastian/Prime Sentinel with the Sentinel release. This could be a chance to include some really fun and obscure Heralds as unlockable support tiers. I'd love to see a Morg or Stardust included. Perhaps even a couple of teeny, tiny, scale heralds. 

On 7/15/2021 at 10:09 PM, RyanDaly said:

Forget heralds included as additional tiers. I want legit radioactive Kirby Crackle energy to shoot out of the toy, like you need to wear a lead-lined vest over your genitals in order to play with it. 

spacer.png

Oddly... me too

On 7/15/2021 at 10:09 PM, RyanDaly said:

Forget heralds included as additional tiers. I want legit radioactive Kirby Crackle energy to shoot out of the toy, like you need to wear a lead-lined vest over your genitals in order to play with it. 

spacer.png

How am I going to play with it if there's a lead-lined...? Wait.  Never mind.  I gotcha now.

Seriously, I think Shalla-Bal or even Golden Oldie would be cool unlockables.  Maybe Galen Taa?  What I'd really love to see is his world-devouring machine from the first Secret Wars.  (Jeez, I have to specify my Secret Wars these days.  Where's my cane?)  I want to recreate the super heroes hopelessly charging up the mountain to confront him from issue #9.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:02 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Guess he’s $400. It’s a lot to drop at once but I was afraid he’d be 450 or 500 so weirdly I’m ok with it. Can’t wait to see him tomorrow, I hope he towers over the Sentinel.

27E994DC-D70E-46E3-A725-4B2A9291DABA.png

For only $50 more, I don't think he's gonna. If that really is the price, I'm thinking 6" taller at the most.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:28 AM, MRT said:

To have a more faithful in scale Galactus I think they should just sell you the helmet & head and armor/costume pieces so you can wear it while playing with the figures. Then when you want to display it just buy a pose-able mannequin 😄

Maybe that's what it will be a Store Mannequin dressed as Galactus