Next Week Is Shaping Up To Be A Big Week For Marvel Legends Reveals

JayC

He looks cool but I really dont dig the face. I think his eyes are too low on his head. Even with the silhouette where you just see his BIG azz light up eyes, it looked off. Love how much articulation he has and his size tho. Too rich for my blood but glad for those that are looking forward to him. 

On 7/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, mako said:

Well, the fans that really want a Galactus, AND are willing to foot the ridiculous bill for a massively over-produced POS. Otherwise, that 32 inches? That also represents the size of the d!#k there telling the rest of us to go eat.

That's okay though. At this point, the feeling's mutual.

Yeah, sorry you didn't get the 12" Galactus Shampoo Bottle for $20 you wanted.

On 7/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, Inspection12e said:

Why is that a good thing?  I was hoping he'd come with Firelord.

Some folks are freaking out that this might be the ONLY way to get certain Heralds, but don't want to shell out $400 just to get say, Air-Walker and Morg.  The thing is, they're probably right, but those same folks don't want to admit that Air-Walker and Morg are probably a LONG way from making it onto single cards anytime soon whether Hasbro makes them stretch goals or not.

And of course if this HasLab fails Hasbro's not likely going to be in any rush to make any Heralds for a Galactus that doesn't exist.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:01 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Some folks are freaking out that this might be the ONLY way to get certain Heralds, but don't want to shell out $400 just to get say, Air-Walker and Morg.  The thing is, they're probably right, but those same folks don't want to admit that Air-Walker and Morg are probably a LONG way from making it onto single cards anytime soon whether Hasbro makes them stretch goals or not.

And of course if this HasLab fails Hasbro's not likely going to be in any rush to make any Heralds for a Galactus that doesn't exist.

On 7/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, Fyrefly21 said:

I'm hoping for Stardust and Red Shift. I just don't see them releasing any other way. 

I don't see him coming with any of those heralds.  If he comes with any it will probably Firelord, Silver Surfer or Terrax....Maybe Morg. They won't do any z listers. 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, Inspection12e said:

I don't see him coming with any of those heralds.  If he comes with any it will probably Firelord, Silver Surfer or Terrax. They won't do any z listers. 

I'm shocked Surfer wasn't already shown off. I would have had him pegged as a default pack in and the alternate faces as the first stretch goal.

Wonder if that means there's already plans to release Norrin on his own, maybe as a solo retro card

On 7/16/2021 at 5:12 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I'm shocked Surfer wasn't already shown off. I would have had him pegged as a default pack in and the alternate faces as the first stretch goal.

Wonder if that means there's already plans to release Norrin on his own, maybe as a solo retro card

I wouldn't be surprised if Norrin gets a retro release.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

I REALLY hope they don't pack the Surfer in with Galactus because Surfer is a character that can easily be released at retail on a single-card (as he has several times already).  I'm not saying that Hasbro shouldn't make a better Surfer, just that I'd be mildly disappointed if they packed him in when that's a very real case of "this slot could go to a character we don't already have in plastic form yet."

On 7/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, Jmacq1 said:

I'm not sure where you're getting that. Heralds easily stand on their own. For example Firelord debuted as a herald, but wasn't rubbing shoulders with Galactus when he did; he's also gone up against the X-Men and Spider-Man solo.  Hasbro isn't going to not make these guys just because Galactus  doesnt get funded ( and they're at 4,000 backers already so I dont think that's likely). 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm not sure where you're getting that. Heralds easily stand on their own. For example Firelord debuted as a herald, but wasn't rubbing shoulders with Galactus when he did; he's also gone up against the X-Men and Spider-Man solo.  Hasbro isn't going to not make these guys just because Galactus  doesnt get funded ( and they're at 4,000 backers already so I dont think that's likely). 

Most of the Heralds are nowhere near as prominent as Firelord, to be fair. 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, Atlantis said:

I didn't say they would never ever make them.  I said they wouldn't be in any rush, and they wouldn't.  If there's not enough demand for Galactus to get him funded, that implies a lack of interest in Galactus and the lore surrounding him, which means Hasbro's bean-counters aren't likely to be super-keen on pushing Galactus-related product that not many people seem interested in.  It's basic marketing.  Sure, the Heralds may come eventually, but people around here are acting like Air-Walker and Firelord are right around the corner if only Hasbro didn't pack him in as a stretch goal for this Kickstarter.

The full fact of the matter is whether they're tiers/stretch goals or not, the chances of seeing various Heralds sooner rather than later likely go WAY up if the Haslab succeeds.

I dunno, 14,000 backers is a big order. It's a really big jump from any Haslab to date. I think the Jabba's Barge was 8,000, but then again, it was $700. I guess the higher production goal is to insure the "lower" pricing of $400, and I do think they will get there. Personally, I wasn't that interested till I saw the size and now I'm actually more interested in this that the Sentinel, and I got 2 of those. I just don't see them getting much past that mark though, so exactly how many stretch awards can we expect to see? Remember, the Sentinel barely made it to 16,000 units and it was of a character that many people bought multiples of as an army builder. How many people are really planning to buy 3 of these just to display with all 3 faceplate? I'll be satisfied with one with this one. I guess I'm just at the wait and see phase, which I'm betting a lot of us will be. I'm just glad they extended the funding deadline on this one.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, monron999 said:

I dunno, 14,000 backers is a big order. It's a really big jump from any Haslab to date. I think the Jabba's Barge was 8,000, but then again, it was $700. I guess the higher production goal is to insure the "lower" pricing of $400, and I do think they will get there. Personally, I wasn't that interested till I saw the size and now I'm actually more interested in this that the Sentinel, and I got 2 of those. I just don't see them getting much past that mark though, so exactly how many stretch awards can we expect to see? Remember, the Sentinel barely made it to 16,000 units and it was of a character that many people bought multiples of as an army builder. How many people are really planning to buy 3 of these just to display with all 3 faceplate? I'll be satisfied with one with this one. I guess I'm just at the wait and see phase, which I'm betting a lot of us will be. I'm just glad they extended the funding deadline on this one.

considering it's over 4500 already and probably not including the foreign numbers I say it will reach by at least the end of the week.s

Hmmm I thought it would make more sense to have regular figures revealed first and only then tease Galactus by the end of stream, but I guess they wanted people to first spend their money not on another bunch of standard ml figure but Galactus which is way more important for them to succeed and get funded, revealing something before such big fish would cannibalize Galactus funds. 

Galactus certainly looks neat (and I think it should have been the first HasLab Marvel project instead of a Sentinel). It's not like this came out of the left field since it was the obvious choice for a HasLab project, but I hope some time down the line Hasbro realizes that between $25 mass-marketed figures and $300+ crowfunded figures there are many steps where they could make more accessible projects. It would be neat to be in on the fun of these projects some time, jussayin'.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, ADour said:

"... but I hope some time down the line Hasbro realizes that between $25 mass-marketed figures and $300+ crowfunded figures there are many steps where they could make more accessible projects. It would be neat to be in on the fun of these projects some time, jussayin'..."

If people are lining up to pay $50.00 for a MODOK and Hasbro sees that, best believe they'll go further.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, monron999 said:

Remember, the Sentinel barely made it to 16,000 units and it was of a character that many people bought multiples of as an army builder.

The sentinel had nearly 22,000 units at final tally (down from over 23,000 at one point).