Black Widow Movie Marvel Legends Red Guardian & Melina Two-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the Black Widow Movie Marvel Legends Red Guardian & Melina Two-Pack from Hasbro. You can purchase this set from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Black-Widow-2-Pack-01.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-02.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-03.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-04.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-05.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-06.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-07.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-08.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-09.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-10.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-11.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-12.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-13.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-14.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-15.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-16.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-17.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-18.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-19.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-20.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-21.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-22.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-23.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-24.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-25.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-26.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-27.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-28.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-29.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-30.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-31.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-32.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-33.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-34.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-35.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-36.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-37.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-38.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-39.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-40.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-41.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-42.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-43.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-44.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-45.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-46.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-47.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-48.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-49.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-50.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-51.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-52.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-53.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-54.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-55.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-56.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-57.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-58.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-59.JPG

Black-Widow-2-Pack-60.JPG

This a great box set, they knocked the likenesses out of the park.

the side by side pics are always great to see how first versions compare to updated ones. Especially that Red Guardian comparison. It’s like a first day on the job compared to 10 years in.. saying that out load may give us a reason to display that first version. As a young, eager, new to the job Red Guardian haha..

Melina looks great too. Unexpected surprise there. 

Funny that there is a pic of the bio. I too found it interesting that they accidentally forgot the foreign languages. It just repeats the same words over and over ala Red Room programming.

speaking of the “dreaded” Red Room. MCU history taught us that it was a terrifying experience that traumatized every student and turns them into stone cold killers. But.. Black Widow and her ENTIRE family turned out well adjusted. Guess it was hyperbole 😄 

Not a bad two pack when it comes to likenesses, wished they didn't make collectors buy previous un helmeted Red Guardian,  which I think was on purpose, but thing that bothers me is whats up with that weird tan colored  shoulder pads and knee pads, they did same with white vision too, and like in Vision's case here too they are inaccurate and really ugly.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:13 PM, SpiderS said:

Not a bad two pack when it comes to likenesses, wished they didn't make collectors buy previous un helmeted Red Guardian,  which I think was on purpose, but thing that bothers me is whats up with that weird tan colored  shoulder pads and knee pads, they did same with white vision too, and like in Vision's case here too they are inaccurate and really ugly.

The Legends team has gone out of their way to explain that kind of thing happens because the marketing team wants to have the first wave of figures out for before the movie's release, and that window of time forces them to work with concept art and preliminary designs. I see no reason why they would do this on purpose, especially since this kind of thing goes all the way back to the dawn of the MCU. The initial figures for Iron Monger and the MK II had inaccuracies that, in the case of Iron Monger, got fixed with a later release.

So, yeah, it's a bummer that collectors have to buy 2.0 versions of figures (Endgame Iron Patriot, Warrior Thanos, Red Guardian, etc.) but there's really nothing the Legends team can do about it. The fundamental issues that cause this kind of thing are external factors.

On 7/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, ADour said:

The Legends team has gone out of their way to explain that kind of thing happens because the marketing team wants to have the first wave of figures out for before the movie's release, and that window of time forces them to work with concept art and preliminary designs. I see no reason why they would do this on purpose, especially since this kind of thing goes all the way back to the dawn of the MCU. The initial figures for Iron Monger and the MK II had inaccuracies that, in the case of Iron Monger, got fixed with a later release.

So, yeah, it's a bummer that collectors have to buy 2.0 versions of figures (Endgame Iron Patriot, Warrior Thanos, Red Guardian, etc.) but there's really nothing the Legends team can do about it. The fundamental issues that cause this kind of thing are external factors.

Completely agreed. In the cases of Red Guardian and the IW Cap, I tend to be completely fine with them reissuing the figure as long as they provide two updated heads, which thankfully they did, so that I can stick a new head on the old figure. I’m always able to incorporate it into the display somewhere. I understand that that’s not the case for everyone, but it’s also not right to accuse the Legends team of purposefully releasing inaccurate versions at first. 

On 7/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, ADour said:

I would agree in any other case but this movie was supposed to come out year ago, they had all the trailers and info to make time for that.

On 7/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Completely agreed. In the cases of Red Guardian and the IW Cap, I tend to be completely fine with them reissuing the figure as long as they provide two updated heads, which thankfully they did, so that I can stick a new head on the old figure. I’m always able to incorporate it into the display somewhere. I understand that that’s not the case for everyone, but it’s also not right to accuse the Legends team of purposefully releasing inaccurate versions at first. 

Yeah I dont know about "purposefully" releasing inaccurate versions. This wasn't their fault because they went with what the studio gave them at the time. Now, if anyone wants to rag on them for botching Silver Centurion or Omega Sentinel, feel free.