Jump to content

Marvel Legends Fan-Channel Hercules Figure Images And Details (Images and Details Added)


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

I mean, Man-Thing, Sasquatch, and Wendigo are butt-naked...

Herc looks great. I wouldn't have minded if the non-smiling head looked a little more different- closed mouth and a bit more serious- but it's a minor nit-pick. Great figure, pre-ordered. I wonder if "retro" packaging is going to become the standard for non-MCU fan channel figures from now on? More and more of them seem to be going that route. 

Hey as long as its not some exclusive thing that we'll never be able to get, I'm happy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love that they put this back on that Vintage card, I love that card and miss it, it really triggers my Nostalgia, I also really think this figure is well done, I really want this figure, even though I always thought Hercules was kinda goofy and so was his costume, a Classic Herc is a must have for the Marvel Universe he's a sure buy. I am also cool with him being a fan channel, I was worried what kinda wave he might have come in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great Looking figure, both head sculpts really show his personality. Can’t wait to get him. 

December though?! Damn.. well maybe this will get a early release. 

Classic Avengers coming along nicely with Herc, Tigra and hopefully Quasar on the way. 

This costume is actually my preferred look for Herc because this was his suit he wore when I first started seriously collecting comics and John Byrne could draw the F@#$ out of it. Been nice if they could have worked some swappable parts ala Moira McTaggeet to get us his skirt look here as well. .. that’s my 2nd most preferred look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking for myself, I'm fine with characters like namor kazar wearing speedos, loin clothes etc but most of those guys are loners.

When namor joined the xmen,  he geared up so for Avengers display the good middle ground for me would be hercules skirt piece sash outfit. I was never a fan of the modern pants hercules look either. Great figure and although it won't be exactly comic accurate I'm going to get a custom skirt and sash from figlots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The similar head sculpts are kinda disappointing as the alternate head shoulda been stoic or mean looking with gritted teeth, other than that, this fig is outstanding! Now we need this version of him. This buck needs to be the replacement buck for the Hyperion buck when it comes to big buff guys in the 6'4-6'5-6'6 range from now on!  Doc Samson, Wonderman, & classic Wrecking Crew members Bulldozer, Pile-driver, T-ball should be next on this buck!1401230401_HERCULESclassicversion.thumb.png.ef244d2a1fd683412483e1af1474ef61.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 5:43 PM, Gigantor said:

The similar head sculpts are kinda disappointing as the alternate head shoulda been stoic or mean looking with gritted teeth, other than that, this fig is outstanding! Now we need this version of him. This buck needs to be the replacement buck for the Hyperion buck when it comes to big buff guys in the 6'4-6'5-6'6 range from now on!  Doc Samson, Wonderman, & classic Wrecking Crew members Bulldozer, Pile-driver, T-ball should be next on this buck!1401230401_HERCULESclassicversion.thumb.png.ef244d2a1fd683412483e1af1474ef61.png

Yes exactly this. I came to appreciate this version and would love an update of this from the old ToyBiz version. That one makes an appearance every now and again in the back of my display ( to hide the flaws ) be nice to let him shine at the front for once. 

The weird thing about every Hercules release whether from ToyBiz or a Hasbro or 6” or 3.75” his skin tone always comes off too shiny and as a result looks overly.. well plastic.

hoping this retro one looks a little more natural, the pics seem to indicate it will. 

My only ( minor) complaint is I wish his speedo was done more how retro visions was and covered the hips joint to make it look a little less skimpy. But it is what it is, and we are finally getting this classic version so he will be awesome

 

3E41BC9D-6A65-4582-BAE0-35DCF0FEC575.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, McHogan said:

Yes exactly this. I came to appreciate this version and would love an update of this from the old ToyBiz version. That one makes an appearance every now and again in the back of my display ( to hide the flaws ) be nice to let him shine at the front for once. 

The weird thing about every Hercules release whether from ToyBiz or a Hasbro or 6” or 3.75” his skin tone always comes off too shiny and as a result looks overly.. well plastic.

hoping this retro one looks a little more natural, the pics seem to indicate it will. 

My only ( minor) complaint is I wish his speedo was done more how retro visions was and covered the hips joint to make it look a little less skimpy. But it is what it is, and we are finally getting this classic version so he will be awesome

 

3E41BC9D-6A65-4582-BAE0-35DCF0FEC575.jpeg

Classic Ultron and this version of 80s Herc have been on my top 10 most wanted classic ML figs list since 02'! My list of remaining classic ol school Avengers is down to 7 now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 6:09 PM, Gigantor said:

Classic Ultron and this version of 80s Herc have been on my top 10 most wanted classic ML figs list since 02'! My list of remaining classic ol school Avengers is down to 7 now.

Remind me who you have left to get. i know Safari Wonderman is on that list.

The classic suits are always the best. Not a fan of when they try to modernize classic suits with very few exceptions.

personally, I’d love to have at least 1 version of every Avenger to display, but the classic years would be the showcase of my collection for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to be clear, any criticism of his outfit is about the artists' comic design- nothing to do with the figure itself. The figure is spot-on, straight from the comics and that's what I expect. I may call an outfit silly or impractical or whatever, but if its made into figure form, I expect the figure to look just like that. I'm lookin at YOU, Magneto, with the purple evening gloves and big "M" from chest to groin. And YOU, 90s Thor, in that idiotic, leather- strapped, crop top, abomination that only some clueless dolt would think looks proper on an Asgardian god. 

Hasbro can make those figures. I certainly won't buy them. But they should be accurate if they do. The Hercules figure is absolutely where it should be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, McHogan said:

Remind me who you have left to get. i know Safari Wonderman is on that list.

The classic suits are always the best. Not a fan of when they try to modernize classic suits with very few exceptions.

personally, I’d love to have at least 1 version of every Avenger to display, but the classic years would be the showcase of my collection for sure. 

1117212744_Falcon.classicversion.thumb.jpg.5ae7ac2e67efb9488fcbc9a01870d658.jpg690928849_Swordsmancomicversion.thumb.jpg.ee99dca6122c2c3ff62c11b3763b7af3.jpgstarfox.thumb.jpg.1ddcfe226fa37065268f231f4de4f719.jpg630018893_Beast1.thumb.jpg.feb986aac0ecd88469eb8d3d05552da2.jpg1859865230_USAgentbyJB.thumb.jpg.93920d43f8c2138a52e66fb3d4e3c14a.jpg291652688_Yellowjacket3.thumb.jpg.36517653941520beb0b77aacc707e5eb.jpg968020402_Wonderman1stappcostume.thumb.jpg.27072916040451b82546c9d5cb72e32d.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 11:38 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm so excited about this piece. I love everything about it and those head sculpts are top notch. Herc always smiles so for once it actually fits to have that kind of expression. Hasbro killed it on this one.

I have always said that if you were to compare Herc with an anime character it would be DB's Goku. A big lovable goof that loves to fight and eat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, tarot said:

I have always said that if you were to compare Herc with an anime character it would be DB's Goku. A big lovable goof that loves to fight and eat.

Yeah, thats actually a good comparison. And I could even see him offer to handicap himself in a fight like Goku has done before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Between Hercules and Tigra, it occurs to me that fan channel retro releases like this could be used as a good way to knock out B and C tier Bronze Age Avengers  characters who otherwise probably wouldn't be priority in a wave. Comic Monica Rambeau, comic Mantis, Graviton, Count Nefaria, Swordsman, classic Mockingbird and Rick Jones all come to mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, NotNamed said:

Hercules was never my favorite character, but I was hoping for the classic sash and kilt look. 

 

spacer.png

No doubt its coming. Again, my hope is it will be on this exact figure. They can easily give him the sash and loincloth. The only work they'll need to do is sculpt those open, leather, studded thigh boots.

At least lets hope they don't give us the shaven tank top wearing version.

The 90s. The era that just vomited all over superhero outfits. Can you say...Liefeld? Or....Eidolon armor?

oMg now that I've put it out there some Hasbro git is gonna make it.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, Atlantis said:

No doubt its coming. Again, my hope is it will be on this exact figure. They can easily give him the sash and loincloth. The only work they'll need to do is sculpt those open, leather, studded thigh boots.

At least lets hope they don't give us the shaven tank top wearing version.

The 90s. The era that just vomited all over superhero outfits. Can you say...Liefeld? Or....Eidolon armor?

oMg now that I've put it out there some Hasbro git is gonna make it.....

Gonna hold you personally responsible if they do make those 90s atrocities!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 6:26 PM, McHogan said:

Ah yeah all very likely to be made here in the near future. Would jump at all of thes3 as well.

oh this version of Wonderman, knew it was Wonderman, just got the suit wrong! 

I also want 80s Photon & 1202290264_AvengersvstheMastersofevilundersiege.thumb.jpg.58d97be39e43b00c34979208b77345c1.jpganother Wasp  sporting her attire from that "siege of Avengers mansion" arc as well. A bearded Thor headsculpt should come with Wasp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 6:41 PM, watanabefan said:

Between Hercules and Tigra, it occurs to me that fan channel retro releases like this could be used as a good way to knock out B and C tier Bronze Age Avengers  characters who otherwise probably wouldn't be priority in a wave. Comic Monica Rambeau, comic Mantis, Graviton, Count Nefaria, Swordsman, classic Mockingbird and Rick Jones all come to mind.

That is a very intriguing way to give us Avengers fans the characters we want watanabefan. I would take all those on your list and add Starfox, Grandmaster, Collector, Immortus, and two personal favorites of mine that probably qualify as D list Avengers - Stingray and Jack Of Hearts. Perhaps a 12" Super Adaptoid as a stand-alone like Surtur also?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, McHogan said:

Yes exactly this. I came to appreciate this version and would love an update of this from the old ToyBiz version. That one makes an appearance every now and again in the back of my display ( to hide the flaws ) be nice to let him shine at the front for once. 

The weird thing about every Hercules release whether from ToyBiz or a Hasbro or 6” or 3.75” his skin tone always comes off too shiny and as a result looks overly.. well plastic.

hoping this retro one looks a little more natural, the pics seem to indicate it will. 

My only ( minor) complaint is I wish his speedo was done more how retro visions was and covered the hips joint to make it look a little less skimpy. But it is what it is, and we are finally getting this classic version so he will be awesome

 

3E41BC9D-6A65-4582-BAE0-35DCF0FEC575.jpeg

More like Vision’s but not too much as his still kinda look weird to me with those high cut boxer briefs or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE