Joe Jusko's Incredible 'Marvel Masterpieces' Illustrations Are Back On New Covers

JayC

Acclaimed artist Joe Jusko’s iconic Marvel Masterpieces trading card illustrations are cemented into the hearts of every Marvel fan who grew up in the 90s, and now readers can treasure them all over again in a brand-new collection of variant covers!

Jusko’s beautiful depictions of your favorite Marvel characters will grace the covers of your favorite titles throughout the month of October. Masterfully capturing the power of the Avengers, the horror of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery, and the allure of the X-Men, Jusko’s painted artwork has mesmerized fans for decades and ushered in the trading card boom of the 90s. Now, the MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER series will give fans a chance to own a piece of Marvel Comics history in an exciting new way!

Check out all 23 of Joe Jusko’s Marvel Masterpieces covers now, and collect them all beginning on October 6th.

ON-SALE 10/06/21
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
CAPTAIN MARVEL #33 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
EXCALIBUR #24 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
HELLIONS #16 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO

ON-SALE 10/13/21
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #76 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
AVENGERS #49 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
IMMORTAL HULK #50 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
IRON MAN #13 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
X-FORCE #24 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
X-MEN #4 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO

ON-SALE 10/20/21
DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #2 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
FANTASTIC FOUR #37 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
S.W.O.R.D. #9 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
THOR #18 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
WOLVERINE #17 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #3 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO

ON-SALE 10/27/21
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #77 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
BLACK WIDOW #12 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
DAREDEVIL #35 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
INFERNO #2 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO
MARAUDERS #25 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER A by JOE JUSKO
MARAUDERS #25 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER B by JOE JUSKO

ON-SALE JANUARY 2022
BLACK PANTHER #3 MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER by JOE JUSKO

ASM2018075_MP_VAR.jpg

ASM2018076_MP_VAR.jpg

ASM2018077_MP_VAR.jpg

AVEN2018049_MP_VAR.jpg

BLAP2021003_MP_VAR.jpg

BLAW2020012_MP_VAR.jpg

CAPMARV2019033_MP_VAR.jpg

DD2019035_MP_VAR.jpg

DRSDEATH2021002_MP_VAR.jpg

EXCAL2019024_MP_VAR.jpg

FF2018037_MP_VAR.jpg

HELLIONS2020016_MP_VAR.jpg

HULK2018050_MP_VAR.jpg

IM2020013_MP_VAR.jpg

INFERNO2021002_MP_VAR.jpg

MARAUDERS2019025_A_MP_VAR.jpg

MARAUDERS2019025_B_MP_VAR.jpg

SWORD2020009_MP_VAR.jpg

THOR2020018_MP_VAR.jpg

WOLV2020017_MP_VAR.jpg

XFORCE2019024_MP_VAR.jpg

XMEN2021004_MP_VAR.jpg

XMENTRIAL2021003_MP_VAR.jpg

Man this is amazing, one of my favorite card series to collect as a Kid, infact the main one was Marvel Masterpieces, I actually own all of these cards, man so rad, I almost want to buy all of these covers, because this art just makes me feel such a way, man card collecting was huge for me, it was probably my first real collecting (other then comics, and toys, but I just had toys..didn't collect particularity), going to the stores every week to buy packs of cards, trying to complete sets, finding chases, trading with friends, cards so important to me, I still own probably all of the sets I collected and then some.

this art by the way was from the 1992 series which was the first installment in the Masterpieces card collection.

excuse the #$## picture, but I just got these out to look at them after seeing these covers snapped a quick pick

MASTERPiececards.jpg

Makes me wanna dig out my old card collection. While the cards were good and looked great on a surface area the size of a card, I don't think they'll translate very well to a surface the size of a full cover. When the X-men cards were done as alternate covers it was clear that they only magnified the art from the cards which had been reduced from the original art so the end result was a grainy, patchy, rough looking mess.