Marvel Legends Target Exclusive Reissues Going Up For Pre-Order Today (7/13) On Target's Website

JayC

If you missed out on them the first time around, Target will be putting back up on their website today at 9am ET several of their recent Hasbro Marvel Legends exclusives up for pre-orders. This includes the Jim Lee style Rogue and Gambit as well as the Cyborg Spider-Man and Negative Zone Spider-Man.

Marvel-Legends-Target-Reissues.jpg

On 7/13/2021 at 2:22 PM, monron999 said:

Holly hell, I wish they woulda just done the Cuckoos route and just put these things on etailer sites. I'd much rather listen to Conor McGregor piss and moan about how he was robbed and that somehow he was actually winning on infinite loop than deal with the Target website.

I heard there was a lot of problems when they did something similar for the G.I. Joe exclusives.

Why can't they have timed exclusives, where a store as exclusive rights for say a month and then other places can sell them.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:10 AM, leokearon said:

Why can't they have timed exclusives, where a store as exclusive rights for say a month and then other places can sell them.

Just off the top of my head, I'd say that would go against the whole point of doing retailer exclusives in the first place. Hasbro is getting Target to carry these things (IN THEORY), by saying: "This is something people can get from you but nowhere else." Retailers like that.

I, on the other hand, am shocked and awed by the stones on these guys.

If I were to get a gig, but totally half-@$$ it, then come back to the same client later, offering to do the SAME job, only for more money: I doubt I'd be in business long.

In short - You know the hobby's in trouble when even the toy companies themselves start scalping.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, mako said:

Just off the top of my head, I'd say that would go against the whole point of doing retailer exclusives in the first place. Hasbro is getting Target to carry these things (IN THEORY), by saying: "This is something people can get from you but nowhere else." Retailers like that.

If I were to get a gig, but totally half-@$$ it, then come back to the same client later, offering to do the SAME job, only for more money: I doubt I'd be in business long.

In short - You know the hobby's in trouble when even the toy companies themselves start scalping.

Well, Mattel did something like that with Masters of the Universe Origins, and I think I heard Target is doing a similar situation with the Masterverse line. Getting a timed exclusive maybe 3 to 6 months ahead of other retails does give a store a distinct advantage as most people will buy something they want as soon as possible. No one's gonna see a figure they want at say Walmart and just pass on it knowing that it will be available at Target in 6 months. No, they're gonna grab it right then and there and make sure they have that item and not have to worry about it later. They will get a jump on the sales and get a majority of the profits made as a whole. The other retailers get the stragglers or the ones who missed out or the people that get doubles. They do something like this with video games and it seems to be healthy for the industry.

Glad to see Rogue getting more supply, she’s again over 50 on after market, Spider Cyborg isn’t cheap either, I just wish they would produce them enough to every target has enough supply to satisfy existing demand for a year at least, but knowing what is happening with GI joe line it doesn’t seems that they have it all figured properly, which is sad. Agree about Target figure becoming eretailers exclusive after certain time be it 6 or 12 months after, if Target cannot properly fulfill their obligation  online shops will, but I guess target doesn’t really care for it at all and just wants gimmick of exclusivity “only at target”. 

On 7/13/2021 at 3:53 PM, mako said:

That would be nice, but Hasbro will keep saying we need exclusives in order entice the shops to sell the regular Marvel legends.

That or the stores have dirt on Hasbro.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:19 AM, Atlantis said:

Maybe Hasbro is finally cracking down on Target due to the GI Joe incompetence. 

But hey its not just Target...Hasbro enters into these "exclusive" deals with walgreens and others and the results are often the same. Its up to Hasbro to fix it.

I’ve actually been thinking/hoping that may in fact be what is behind the delayed release of Nova through Walgreens. Like, maybe Hasbro has said, “you aren’t selling this thing until you get your pre-order system fixed and actually stock the product at your stores.” That it is almost July has me hopeful Hasbro might be in the process of scrapping its partnership with Walgreens and is looking for an alternative distributor for Nova and Quasar. 

I dont need another Rogue , I dont need another spiderman varients , I dont need another Gambit . What I do need is a classic versions of Wendigo , Mr Hyde , Sentry (with a much improved and detailed body mold) , a never

before made Molecule Man (classic and current ) the comic version of the Black Order to fit with my Thanos figure , never before made Mephisto (with a great body mold, detailed paint work ) a new and improved more bulky

body mold and better detail art work of Odin , Dracula Lord of the Vampires (red suit white hair version) , an overdue Daken with better body mold , paint and detail work . Oh and a new Banshee is long past overdue  I can go

on and on of how far behind Marvel legends

leadership is I"m not wasting anymore money on remakes like this until they start redoing past due characters like those I mentioned

Oh I was not aware that the pegs didn't have a fair stock of Cyborg Spidey and Oreo Spidey?, I thought those two were kinda easy to get, I see Cyborg Spidey here in Canada quite a bit.

I guess it's good they are giving people another another chance at Rogue, my goodness just let the people have a rogue this time scalpers.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:17 PM, superiorspidermanfan said:

I dont need another Rogue , I dont need another spiderman varients , I dont need another Gambit .

Well then I reckon these rereleases aren’t for you. They came out after Thanksgiving and didn’t exactly warm the pegs… in my world, anyway.

but I do like the other stuff you’re singing about. 👍

On 7/13/2021 at 2:18 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Well then I reckon these rereleases aren’t for you. They came out after Thanksgiving and didn’t exactly warm the pegs… in my world, anyway.

but I do like the other stuff you’re singing about. 👍

They sold out pretty fast but most fans expected that.  The frenzy was real for Rogue; out here one guy was disemboweled with a gardening trowel from the Lawn and Garden aisle for trying to grab the last 4 Rogues off the pegs. They were actually running a sale on most of the lawn inventory that day except for the trowels!

I just thought that was ironic.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, superiorspidermanfan said:

I dont need another Rogue , I dont need another spiderman varients , I dont need another Gambit . What I do need is a classic versions of Wendigo , Mr Hyde , Sentry (with a much improved and detailed body mold) , a never

before made Molecule Man (classic and current ) the comic version of the Black Order to fit with my Thanos figure , never before made Mephisto (with a great body mold, detailed paint work ) a new and improved more bulky

body mold and better detail art work of Odin , Dracula Lord of the Vampires (red suit white hair version) , an overdue Daken with better body mold , paint and detail work . Oh and a new Banshee is long past overdue  I can go

on and on of how far behind Marvel legends

leadership is I"m not wasting anymore money on remakes like this until they start redoing past due characters like those I mentioned

These aren’t redos, they’re rereleases that some people weren’t able to get the first time around. They’re not taking the spots of things that haven’t been done yet, it’s just so people can have a second chance at them.

In what world is Legends "far behind" in terms of the character selection. With the exception of Transformers, I cannot think of a single toyline that has ever covered as huge a swath of characters as Legends has. In Hasbro's run alone there've literally been hundreds of Marvel characters featured in the line. 

DC Universe Classics may have been in the running as well, I guess, but they petered out after a while. 

I hate to say it but it seems to be the case of "Hasbro is not making what I want, so they suck" when in reality, hasbro is not making figures for one person but for as many people as they can, both veterans and new collectors. 

As I always say, just because you didn't want it doesn't mean someone else doesn't. 

As for these, they are just reissues to a certain store. not taking up a spot in anything other then that store so if you don't like it don't buy it. I'm sure they will be people who are delighted for another chance at it (well maybe not Oreo spider-man but he is a wardrobe builder) so you should be happy for them.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, mako said:

What are you referring to as scalping in this situation? I don't understand- none of this is scalping. 

These exclusives all sold really well- I'm glad Target is giving people another chance at them. Target used to be great with how they handled exclusives, but thigns have gone off the rails a bit in the past couple of years, and I'm glad they're adjusting/trying to make up for it; hopefully they will reissue some other hard to find exclusives from various toy lines.

It's absurd to say that Marvel Legends is "behind." Soooooooo many different figures, and different characters. These exclusives didn't prevent new product from being made, nor will their reissuing. 

In my local Target both Cyborg and Negative Zone Spidey hung around long enough to get snatched up in one of their ”buy (random number ) get ( $ amount) off sales but were quite plentiful before that. I passed on them both because.. well.. they were Cyborg and Negative Zone Spidey. It seemed lots of people were on the fence but wouldn’t spend full price for those oddities. But on sale they got snatched up. 

I think I still have a Gambit it two on shelves,

Rogue however, never saw her on shelf. Saw her as a store pick up and snagged her but that was the only one within 100 miles of me ( as far as I know 😉)

wish Target was re-releasing exclusives before I paid 2 1/2 times retail for that Iron Man/ Iron Spidey Infinity War set

On 7/14/2021 at 5:10 AM, MRT said:

I still want that Rogue and glad for the reissue. Hope they made enough to get to other parts of the world and not just for the US.

Depends on their suppliers. My LCS got both Rogue and Gambit but no sign of Cybordy Spidey

On 7/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, leokearon said:

That would be nice, but Hasbro will keep saying we need exclusives in order entice the shops to sell the regular Marvel legends.

That or the stores have dirt on Hasbro.

I don't mind exclusives, just don't crap-out on the distribution, then act like you're doing me a favor when you release them again, only with a 3 dollar price hike. Mama Mako didn't raise no idiots, . . . or apologists.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:28 PM, mako said:

I don't mind exclusives, just don't crap-out on the distribution, then act like you're doing me a favor when you release them again, only with a 3 dollar price hike. Mama Mako didn't raise no idiots, . . . or apologists.

But if everyone could get them then they wouldn't be exclusives, is probably someone's answer

On 7/13/2021 at 3:28 PM, watanabefan said:

In what world is Legends "far behind" in terms of the character selection. With the exception of Transformers, I cannot think of a single toyline that has ever covered as huge a swath of characters as Legends has. In Hasbro's run alone there've literally been hundreds of Marvel characters featured in the line. 

DC Universe Classics may have been in the running as well, I guess, but they petered out after a while. 

So true. Spymaster, Red Guardian, AIM troopers, Sentry 459, Maverick, Whirlwind, Elsa Bloodstone, Darkhawk...these aren't top tier characters but they were well done, and they're just a small sample of the selection Hasbro's done of Marvel's comic heroes and villains. What a universe, and more to come. "Far behind" is hardly a just description.

Maybe Hasbro isn't moving at the pace you want or making the figures you want, but that doesn't mean they're far behind. What does that even mean anyway....do they have some posted schedule and timeline you know about that the rest of us don't?