Marvel Legends Target Exclusive Reissues Going Up For Pre-Order Today (7/13) On Target's Website

JayC

On 7/14/2021 at 12:28 AM, watanabefan said:

In what world is Legends "far behind" in terms of the character selection. With the exception of Transformers, I cannot think of a single toyline that has ever covered as huge a swath of characters as Legends has. In Hasbro's run alone there've literally been hundreds of Marvel characters featured in the line. 

DC Universe Classics may have been in the running as well, I guess, but they petered out after a while. 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, Atlantis said:

So true. Spymaster, Red Guardian, AIM troopers, Sentry 459, Maverick, Whirlwind, Elsa Bloodstone, Darkhawk...these aren't top tier characters but they were well done, and they're just a small sample of the selection Hasbro's done of Marvel's comic heroes and villains. What a universe, and more to come. "Far behind" is hardly a just description.

Maybe Hasbro isn't moving at the pace you want or making the figures you want, but that doesn't mean they're far behind. What does that even mean anyway....do they have some posted schedule and timeline you know about that the rest of us don't?

Exactly, "Far behind" who or what? Is there another 6 inch Marvel collectors line that has loads more figures that marvel legends? The amount of figures we get each year is way more than any of Hasbro's other collector properties which get roughly 4-8 figures a wave and are lucky to get more than 4 waves a year. So rather than being far behind, Marvel legends are way ahead.

Some folks are just never going to be satisfied.  Dwight Stall could hand-deliver specific characters in specific costumes to their doorstep for free and they'd still whine that they either didn't get delivered fast enough or that Dwight didn't offer them cash payouts for all of Hasbro's "mistreatment" of them in addition to the free figures made specially for them.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:27 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Some folks are just never going to be satisfied.  Dwight Stall could hand-deliver specific characters in specific costumes to their doorstep for free and they'd still whine that they either didn't get delivered fast enough or that Dwight didn't offer them cash payouts for all of Hasbro's "mistreatment" of them in addition to the free figures made specially for them.

They would give out about the paint apps probably 

On 7/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, watanabefan said:

In what world is Legends "far behind" in terms of the character selection. With the exception of Transformers, I cannot think of a single toyline that has ever covered as huge a swath of characters as Legends has. In Hasbro's run alone there've literally been hundreds of Marvel characters featured in the line. 

DC Universe Classics may have been in the running as well, I guess, but they petered out after a while. 

Yes far behind bcz in the past ML made poorly styled body molds like for example the last figs of Banshee and Daken had the donald duck feet , other figs had dull poor paint jobs poorly detailed figs like sentry's cape and body mold they introduced the infamous bucky cap mold which is terrible the extremely thin spiderman figs , the horrible version of Superior Spiderman that was a joke . They need to redo all those figs that had been poorly developed especially since they are raising the prices 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:27 AM, Jmacq1 said:

Dwight Stall is missing out on a bigger market in the past decade I've seen poorly sculped , painted , articulation of many figures like for example the donald duck type feet on figs like ML  Daken , Banshee , the crappy bucky cap molds , the extremely thin spiderman figs I can go on and on tell me when was the last time Mr Stall introduced the iconic ML version of Mephisto ????? how bout never , or Molecule Man , The Grizzly , That Wendigo baf looks NOTHING like him at all the retro Spiderman finally had a perfect body mold , and detail on him same with 75th aniversary Cap , Thor , & Iron Man the past ones were crap with the ball joint bulky shoulders , Than ML version Superior Spiderman was a pathetic joke . I want quality in the money I pay for & Mr Stall is forgetting key famous Marvel Characters it took him soooooooooooo long to remember Mr Hyde & when its released they didnt even bother to offer an alternate head sculpt without the silly hat When was the last time we ever seen Ronin the Accuser , or Comic version of the Black Order . Tell me if he ordered and released those figs with a much improved body mold, paint & detail  I just mentioned I guarantee you those figs would be flying off the shelves that they would be able to keep up with the demand 

On 7/15/2021 at 4:20 PM, ADour said:

And the award for the most entitlement goes to...

I don't think even entitlement is the right word for this. It seem more childish and uneducated on how the toys market actually works. Reusing mold has been a thing since the start of the toy industry.

On 7/15/2021 at 5:13 PM, tarot said:

I don't think even entitlement is the right word for this. It seem more childish and uneducated on how the toys market actually works. Reusing mold has been a thing since the start of the toy industry.

He-man and Transformers definitely wouldn't have survived without reusing molds

On 7/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, superiorspidermanfan said:

Yes far behind bcz in the past ML made poorly styled body molds like for example the last figs of Banshee and Daken had the donald duck feet , other figs had dull poor paint jobs poorly detailed figs like sentry's cape and body mold they introduced the infamous bucky cap mold which is terrible the extremely thin spiderman figs , the horrible version of Superior Spiderman that was a joke . They need to redo all those figs that had been poorly developed especially since they are raising the prices 

"I don't like what they did" is not the same as them not existing, lol. It's a line that's been going on since 2007. No **** the earlier figures are inferior to the modern ones. That's generally how engineering works.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:11 AM, superiorspidermanfan said:

So... what you're giving as an example of Hasbro being "far behind" are body molds that are more than 15 years old... molds that have also been discontinued for almost 10 years, meaning they moved forward to better molds. Not to mention the Legends team have already teased at the successor of the Bucky Cap mold, which won't just be the standard body mold but also completely pinless? You're also using the Hyperion body mold as an example, a body mold that has already been superseded by the Omega Red mold.

I'm giving you an example of being long overdue as far at the body molds which they (Legends Team) were far behind on the molds and should start producing all the characters that were introduced in those molds to the new and improved molds like Banshee , Daken etc & they are way far behind on marquee characters of the Marvel World like : Mephisto (never done before btw can you believe that???) ,  classic marvel avengers Yellowjacket (loong overdue) ,  Dracula Lord of the Vampires , The Molecule Man , Terrax the Tamer , Daken , Madam Web , Mistress Death , Classic versions of Wendigo , Mr Hyde , Angel ( Warren Kenneth Worthington III version) , Blackout , Doc Samson ,  Valkarie , Superior Spiderman I can on and on and on ,  Those figs will have every single Marvel Collector like myself scrambling to get those all over the world 

On 7/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, leokearon said:

Depends on their suppliers. My LCS got both Rogue and Gambit but no sign of Cybordy Spidey

My LCS got them too but Rogue was too overpriced. I already have the Juggernaut BAF version so I didn't want to pay that much for her. I'm hoping the local TRU would get them in at closer to SRP and maybe it'll drive the price down a bit.

On 7/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, watanabefan said:

"I don't like what they did" is not the same as them not existing, lol. It's a line that's been going on since 2007. No **** the earlier figures are inferior to the modern ones. That's generally how engineering works.

The Point is that for years and years ML leadership we dishing out poorly detailed , poorly ENGINEERED figs & apparently didnt focus on improving the sculps and articulations over the years  , AND ignoring key Marvel characters & they're still doing it today for example the new Quasar still using the bucky cap mold and no detail nor facial expessions on the face as a matter of fact the Quasar fig has a face of Robert Redford & the paint on the fig is dark than the color of Quasar on the box itself , no shading on the cape not getting that one guess I'll have to wait for the newly engineered body mold to be made for Quasar . I'm not buying anymore bucky cap style figs anymore 

I may be in the minority but for me, Quasar is a low B, high C list character who's claim to fame is that he was an Avenger in the 80s/ 90s and had an important role in Operation: "Galactic Storm" I know he's also been involved in more recent cosmic events pertaining to Thanos as well, but I haven't read them. I'm fine with Hasbro putting him on the Bucky Cap buck & giving him the young Robby Redford look. Imo, the fig is in his most iconic costume and looks good! Some Yellow construct weapons woulda been nice but oh well. He'll be going in my classic Avengers lineup if I ever find him in the wild, hopefully in August.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:20 AM, ADour said:

And the award for the most entitlement goes to...

Me !!!! which I will gladly recieve 🙂 . Bcz I've thrown away so many figs in the past for that very same reason .  No way im putting a bucky cap style fig next to a  Perfectly sculped, detailed  and painted fig like ML Dr Doom , God Doom (perfection!!!) , the latest version of Morbius which was FANTASTIC , retro Spidey , 75th anniversay ML of Cap , Thor , Iron Man , the latest versions of Namor , Submariner , Superior Octopus , baf Apocolypse (latest version) . I want my monies worth if they continue to put perfection in those type of figs I will glady hunt find and pay for those same type of work in other figs