Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

Dan, and Dwight from Hasbro Marvel Brand Team are back again with another live stream to give us the latest low-down on what is expect to be the official reveal for this year's Marvel Legends Haslab project which appears to be for a new Galactus figure.

We will be updating this story over the course of the next hour with all the details and images for everything revealed today.

Jesse Falcon and Ryan Penagos from Marvel joined the panel.

It stands 32" tall, over 300 pieces and 70+ points of articulation. The cost is $399.99. It will have 3 alternate faceplates. Has LED Lights. Head, chest and back light up. The skirt is multiple pieces to allow more movement.

The Sentinel is 26" and Galactus is 32".

They need 14,000 backers for this to go forward. They have a handful of things to be added on as they reach their goals. Starting today to August 30th you have to back the project. esse says the coolest unlockable is the last one.

They didnt say exactly how many unlockables there will be. Dwight teased troop building possibilities with the unlockables.

Another live-stream will be coming for Marvel later this month and August will have a lot of reveals and then Pulse-Con this Fall. So plenty more Marvel Legends reveals are coming.

Panel ended.

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-01.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-02.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 1.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 2.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 3.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 4.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 5.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 6.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 7.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 8.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 9.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-04 1.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-04.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-05.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-07 1.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-07 2.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-07 3.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-07 4.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-07.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-09.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-11 1.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-11 2.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-11 3.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-11.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-12 1.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-12.jpg

Ryan, Dan, and Dwight from Hasbro Marvel Brand Team are back again with another live stream to give us the latest low-down on what is expect to be the official reveal for this year's Marvel Legends Haslab project which appears to be for a new Galactus figure.

We will be updating this story over the course of the next hour with all the details and images for everything revealed today.

Jesse Falcon and Ryan from Marvel joined the panel.

It stands 32" tall, over 300 pieces and 70+ points of articulation. The cost is $399.99. It will have 3 alternate faceplates. Has LED Lights.

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-01.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-02.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 1.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 2.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 3.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 4.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 5.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 6.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 7.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 8.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03 9.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-03.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-04 1.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-04.jpg

Hasbro-Live-Stream-Haslab-Galactus-05.jpg

This is truly amazing! Dare I say it, probably even more tempting than the Sentinel was, but that price tag still hurts.  Probably will wait for the stretch goals to see which herald or heralds they use to sweeten the deal.  

Following today's Marvel Live-Stream, here are the official images and details for Hasbro's latest Marvel Legends Haslab project which is Galactus. The project is live now currently showing 1,165 backers as I post this. The goal minimum goal for this project to be funded is 14,000 backers by August 30, 2021. The cost for this figure is $399.99. There will be a number of unkown lockable add-ons once the figure reaches 14k backers. You can CLICK HERE to back the project now. Here are the official details for the figure:

* Limit of 5 per customer.

“Of what import are brief, nameless lives…to Galactus?” (Fantastic Four #49, Stan Lee & Jack Kirby, April 1966)

The Devourer of Worlds. He Who Hungers. A living embodiment of entropy and survival. A universal constant. A force of nature. Hasbro Pulse proudly presents the next fan-funded HasLab project: Marvel Legends Galactus!

A near-omnipotent being who must consume entire planets to survive, Galactus cares not for the lives doomed by his hunger. His is a power beyond mortal understanding…and an appetite without limit.

From the depths of the Marvel Cosmos, one of the most iconic characters in comic book history has arrived as the next Marvel Legends HasLab project. Galactus is a truly out-of-this-world figure in and out of the Marvel Universe, and here you will have a chance to help bring him to life.

Hasbro Pulse invites you to join us in bringing the Great Devourer to our world, with all the features and detailing you know and love from the Marvel Legends Series. At a staggering 32” tall and covered in intricate LED-enhanced detail, he’s the largest and most complex Marvel Legends figure ever:

-32-inch (812.8 mm) Galactus figure

-+300 pieces and +70 points of articulation!

-20 points of articulation in each hand!

-LEDs in the head and chest (4x AAA batteries required, not included)

-3 swappable face-plate accessories for alternate expression

-Marvel Insider Points Redemption code (70,000 points per purchase, limit 2 code redemptions per account) & all three digital comics issues of the Galactus Trilogy (Fantastic Four #48-50, Lee/Kirby, 1966) to read in the Marvel Comics app (available in iOS and Android). Open only to US residents 18+. Terms apply.

This HasLab project will run from July 16, 2021 to 11:59PM ET on August 30, 2021. If successfully backed, the project will begin shipping around Fall 2022.

Haslab-Galactus-01.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-02.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-03.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-04.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-05.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-06.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-07.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-08.jpg

Haslab-Galactus-09.jpg

This is beautifully done. Honestly, I'm just not feeling it like I did the Sentinel, though. It may come down to what stretch goal incentives end up being included. I also have to decide if selling my Toy Biz BAF version to pay for nearly half of this new one appeals to me (assuming that the market for that doesn't tank now - currently I figure I could get $150 pretty easily for it).

On 7/16/2021 at 5:08 PM, JayC said:

Dan Yun just posted for international folks:

EU fans outside of UK, checkout Zavvi. Mexico should see Juguetibici. Australia and NZ should check out EB. Japan, China, HK, TW, Malaysia, & Singapore will be participating very soon!

I don't even want to imagine what the customs and VAT charges will be like.

Looks great, but you know, I'm not really feeling this. I'd have preferred a more classic look. I'm guessing a classic head is an unlockable goal. But....I still think I'm going to have to pony up for this bad-boy simply due to all the Heralds he's most assuredly going to come with, PARTICULARLY my Namesake!! AND.... the Punisher Android. If by Army builders they mean the Punisher Android, I've already got a Kidney to sell; I will do whatever it takes to have an army of Punisher androids!

I really wish they would do like the old GI Joe Club did with their Figure Subscription... You could pay all upfront or in 2 or 3 installments, Not many people can drop $400 down at once and think nothing ... How do they think that making 2 Haslab projects (Marvel and Star Wars) so close together is a good Idea... Maybe they should think about the ones who want the Haslab stuff but don't have the all money for it all at once... Just saying.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, Air-Walker said:

Looks great, but you know, I'm not really feeling this. I'd have preferred a more classic look. I'm guessing a classic head is an unlockable goal. But....I still think I'm going to have to pony up for this bad-boy simply due to all the Heralds he's most assuredly going to come with, PARTICULARLY my Namesake!! AND.... the Punisher Android. If by Army builders they mean the Punisher Android, I've already got a Kidney to sell; I will do whatever it takes to have an army of Punisher androids!

So, if he were to come with three primo-done Heralds...say, Silver Surfer exactly as he was done for the Walgreens issue, except bigger, more accurate height...Air-Walker, Firelord (or Nova), that could ease a few people up. Figures averaging about $25.00, so that's $75.00 for those three, leaving Galactus around $325.00 or so. Hmmmm. 

But then no one knows if those 3 are gonna be included.

Sigh. Okay I'll be the one to say it and take the heat for it.

I highly doubt they will include silver surfer in this set. Not when they just didn't 2 versions of him recently.

Similar with terrax. Since they did him ready, I doubt they would do him again as part of this. He will get a deluxe later.

More then likely it will be firelord, nova or stardust.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, JayC said:

Dan Yun just posted for international folks:

EU fans outside of UK, checkout Zavvi. Mexico should see Juguetibici. Australia and NZ should check out EB. Japan, China, HK, TW, Malaysia, & Singapore will be participating very soon!

And once again, Hasbro gives a #$## to collectors in South America... If anyone intends to back the project here, will first have to ask nicely to some friend that lives in US to receive it and then pay twice the price (that is already very expensive) for shipping costs and customs taxes 😕

This thing is brilliant.  I thought I would stop myself after the Sentinel and the wife knows how much this thing costs but I just can't help it.  As for the 'tiers' and potential herald inclusions, it's Hasbro; they're going to use models they've already created.  So Silver Surfur is probably 99% likely here.  That's not to say there won't be others, but common sense prevails (and less money on their part spent).  Just like with the whole "Kang" thing in the Loki series, even though everyone kept suggesting these silly C-list villains.  Or people thinking this reveal would be the stupid jet. 

Anyway, awesome figure, grats to all who are able to get one.  Don't hate if you can't.  

Well here it is, good ol Haslab Galactus, I gotta say off the bat, I'm not convinced I need this, I don't think I care for it more then the Universe Galactus I already have, I think it looks great an all, but I just don't feel like I need to throw over 500 CAD at this, I mean we will see how it all goes with the Tier unlocks, I'm worried it's going to be really cool figures, but overall seeing these pictures I can do without it. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm sad this whole live stream was dedicated to Galactus, we didn't even get to see anything in the regular line.

Galactus... knew it. I have backed this already. I love the character, the concept of what he is and what he represents. Kirby and Lee were once again ahead of their time with a 'villian' like this back in the 60's, when most where just creating villians in tights and capes still. As far as the add on tiers, I'm not as certain about what those would be. If they mean army builder in the strictest sense, then my guess would be Galactus' guardians on his ship, Taa II. They aren't shown much, but any hero going aboard while Galactus is out always runs afoul of them. The only thing being they are rather large from my recollection, not sure they fit the price point. So perhaps we will get some heralds. I know not everyone is happy with that, but I'm sure Hasbro knows the interest in them from reading these boards over the years. So even if we get heralds, I can still see them being re-released down the line in a FF wave, store exclusive or maybe even a convention exclusive like SDCC.