Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 7/16/2021 at 12:29 PM, LordVenger said:

Ha. He did lose. But to be fair he did say that well before the reveal. I’m guessing he reposted it to give himself a hard time. Lol. 

Wow. YES it was a joke. Even before this post someone voiced doubts as to whether or not they'd hit their goal and i responded that they were already at 4k backers. Clearly the post about the spider buggy AFTER I said that is joking.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, Atlantis said:

So, if he were to come with three primo-done Heralds...say, Silver Surfer exactly as he was done for the Walgreens issue, except bigger, more accurate height...Air-Walker, Firelord (or Nova), that could ease a few people up. Figures averaging about $25.00, so that's $75.00 for those three, leaving Galactus around $325.00 or so. Hmmmm. 

But then no one knows if those 3 are gonna be included.

Well, if he doesn't at least come with the Air-Walker and the Punisher Android, then this whole project means less than nothing to me. Nova and Firelord are great, long-time favs of mine too, but come on, they've got to at least have the Big G's most faithful Herald ever. And the Punisher droid...that thing is just so damn Kirby'esque whacky and Weird, it would make such an insanely fun figure and it's weirdness makes it the perfect pack-in for this.

I'm a huge fan of the Surfer, and while yes, the Walgreens figure isn't perfect, it's pretty damn close; I'd rather they redid Terrax tbh. The Destroyer, Morg the Berserker, Tyrant...I'd be happy to see them too, but for me if my namesake at the very least isn't part of this, then no sale.

Pretty sure the quantity limit wasn’t suggesting people would actually want multiple for their own collections, but rather that they would want to purchase multiples as investments for resale. I backed the Sentinel and wish I had bought two more to sell - they are already worth quite a bit more than the backing price and they haven’t even been delivered.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:59 PM, Virtualzach said:

You haven't been to ebay lately.  Go check out previous Haslab prices there.  It will help explain why people buy multiple.  

Your post got me curious:

most sentinels ciomplete: near $1000 

tier legends: $300 

wow...

Considered selling Sentinel to buy Galactus.. at those prices I can buy 2 😁

On 7/16/2021 at 1:49 PM, Hossman said:

I will buy one Dang it.

I would be happier with a big 48" limited articulation figure though. I am thinking like those huge Star Wars "Big Figs". Maybe posed less straight arm looking, maybe it would be more like $100. Or how about even bigger like those Ninja Turtles that were the size of a toddler?

Nah, you're on you're own with that. I don't collect staction figs. Full POA or bust!  This Galactus is a perfect hgt & I'm just waiting to see how the Heralds are gonna look & scale, better be classic versions of all of em!

On 7/16/2021 at 6:33 PM, Air-Walker said:

Well, if he doesn't at least come with the Air-Walker and the Punisher Android, then this whole project means less than nothing to me. Nova and Firelord are great, long-time favs of mine too, but come on, they've got to at least have the Big G's most faithful Herald ever. And the Punisher droid...that thing is just so damn Kirby'esque whacky and Weird, it would make such an insanely fun figure and it's weirdness makes it the perfect pack-in for this.

I'm a huge fan of the Surfer, and while yes, the Walgreens figure isn't perfect, it's pretty damn close; I'd rather they redid Terrax tbh. The Destroyer, Morg the Berserker, Tyrant...I'd be happy to see them too, but for me if my namesake at the very least isn't part of this, then no sale.

More and more I'm hoping maybe they won't include them. Frankly I can see Haslab doing this without the Heralds; Galactus is almost halfway funded and its only the first day. Won't need heralds to get over the hump.

It looks awesome and I'd love a massive Galactus; but I wish there was some sort of payment plan or something.

Plus I know that the stretch goals will be some awesome Heralds like Firelord or a Frankie Raye Nova; oh well.

Happy for anyone who gets this; but I'm going to pass

This would be a great vehicle for Air-Walker; he's a bold and unique character that doesn't get the exposure some of the others do.  But an improved Surfer is gonna be something a lot of fans just can't resist. Someone posted that if they included heralds, they'd be offered again down the road somewhere....maybe so, maybe no. I mean who knows how long that would take?  Look how long it took them to do Ultron, for pete's sake. 

IF they did the Punisher android I'm thinking he'd need all-new tooling. Of  the other short squat kind of figures, Wolverine pops to mind but he wouldnt be a proper base for Punisher. 

Dan Yun doin' his thang. His Twitter game isn't as strong as it used to be even a year ago, but he knows where to pick his spots. Masterfull Fire Stoker.

I hope it's one of the lesser known Heralds and not a "Must Have" character that needs to be done in the main line.

Someone like Morg or Red Shift would be great, but it would suck if some people had to miss out on characters like Firelord, or Airwalker or Nova because they didn't or couldn't swing a $400 splurge.

Maybe they'll do the Hasbro thing and just redo Dazzler with some slight modification.

Yesterday we learned the Devourer of Worlds was coming to Marvel Legends in the form of a new 32" tall action figure as Hasbro's latest crowdsourcing Haslab campaign was officially launched. In less than 24 hours that campaign has gotten almost half of the needed minimum 14k backers for Galactus to be 100% green lite. As I type this the campaign currently has 6,052 backers and people have until August 30th to make up their minds if they want to add this $399.99 action figure to their collection.

Besides Galactus himself, Hasbro said yesterday that if the campaign surpasses the minimum 14k backers before August 30th, a handful of unlockable tiered add-ons will also be included with the figure. The first will be revealed once the backer counter breaks 14k. During the actual presentation by Hasbro for this figure, the Marvel brand team didn't give us a lot of details about what those unlockable items will be. Jesse Falcon teased the final one was his favorite and Dwight Stall made some indication at least one of the unlockables might be something to army build.

However later in the day Hasbro's Dan Yun let us know via social media that at least the first unlockable item for Galactus will be a 6" action figure.

He went on to say in a response to someone on Twitter that it was a "6-inch figure that will fit on one of Galactus’ hand"

The most likely assumption here is that Hasbro will include at least one of Galactus' Heralds. For those not familiar, heralds are powerful beings who work for Galactus. They get sent out ahead to find suitable planets for Galactus to eat. The first herald introduced to readers and most recognizable is the Silver Surfer which Hasbro has already given us Marvel Legends versions of multiple times in the past couple years. I suppose if Hasbro wanted to get creative they could give us a Norrin Radd figure, Silver Surfer before he actually becomes Silver Surfer.

Heralds-Of-Galactus__scaled_600.jpg

Of course Silver Surfer is not the only herald Galactus has had over the years, in fact the list is quit long. Other Heralds include characters such as Firelord, Air-Walker, Fallen One, Terrax the Tamer, Frankie Raye (Nove), Morg and the list goes on and on. Hasbro actually gave us a Terrax figure early on in the line, but he could definitely use an update.

So will one of these characters be Hasbro's first add-on for the Galactus Haslab

project? Or perhaps each unlockable tier will feature one of his Heralds? We don't know. I suspect at least one of the heralds will be included with this project and for me personally I am hoping for Firelord, but we will just have to wait and see.

I suspect with the way it's going Hasbro will reach it's 14k backers sometime over the weekend, so hopefully we will find out what that 6" figure is Dan Yun is mentioning real soon. Which herald would you like to see included if any? Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

Heralds-Of-Galactus.jpg

Another question is: Will those possible heralds be released later (year or two timespan), either in a wave or single cardback?

Before there was even any talk of a haslab Galactus, many of us were thinking some if not all the heralds would be coming, unfortunately in the "exclusive" format assigned to the poor-performing walgreens. If hasbro went that route, that would be another way to not get these figures lol.

On 7/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, Atlantis said:

Another question is: Will those possible heralds be released later (year or two timespan), either in a wave or single cardback?

Before there was even any talk of a haslab Galactus, many of us were thinking some if not all the heralds would be coming, unfortunately in the "exclusive" format assigned to the poor-performing walgreens. If hasbro went that route, that would be another way to not get these figures lol.

I seriously doubt any tier rewards will ever be re-released. The whole point of HasLab is to give people products that are one-off exclusives, re-releasing them later would make a mockery of the whole crowdfunding idea. That's why I don't want to see any heralds as part of this HasLab.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:06 AM, Atlantis said:

More and more I'm hoping maybe they won't include them. Frankly I can see Haslab doing this without the Heralds; Galactus is almost halfway funded and its only the first day. Won't need heralds to get over the hump.

I get it, but the fact that people would want the Heralds separately is precisely one the reasons why they will most certainly be exclusive unlockables, lol. Also, the Heralds are intrinsically a part of Galactus's whole vibe/ schtick. He's had a Herald since the very start, and to not include any of them would be nonsensical imo.

I've wanted a figure of the Air-Walker badly since I was a kid in the bygone age of yore, so his inclusion alone would make the whole price worth it to me, even if I'm not overly crazy about the more modern design. Anything else is gravy.

I'm happy with my Marvel Universe Galactus (I've barely got room for him as it is lol) but just wanted to say I hope the tiers for this aren't the Galactus heralds I want in my collection.

It was bad enough that as an X-men fan, a non-Haslab release of a Bastion figure is in question, so hopefully Frankie Raye isn't a tier add-on and is instead part of a future wide-release.