Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 7/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

I'm happy with my Marvel Universe Galactus (I've barely got room for him as it is lol) but just wanted to say I hope the tiers for this aren't the Galactus heralds I want in my collection.

It was bad enough that as an X-men fan, a non-Haslab release of a Bastion figure is in question, so hopefully Frankie Raye isn't a tier add-on and is instead part of a future wide-release.

Same here, I wanted a Bastion figure but no way was I never going to pay over 350 quid for one.

On 7/17/2021 at 11:00 AM, Air-Walker said:

I get it, but the fact that people would want the Heralds separately is precisely one the reasons why they will most certainly be exclusive unlockables, lol. Also, the Heralds are intrinsically a part of Galactus's whole vibe/ schtick. He's had a Herald since the very start, and to not include any of them would be nonsensical imo.

It is amusing that some here are complaining that no Heralds should be included with the guy that creates them. As far as Army builders, the Punisher robots are the only logical answer. They are also not "tiny" characters either, they are actually quite large from some comics that I have of them in which they appear in . How this guy figures you can "Army build" them shy of buying multiple Galactus figs is beyond me. If anything, Hasbro shoulda stated that their will be 1 Punisher robot coming with big G & then they will be a future army builder in the Hasbro Pulse line as well.  I prefer they look like they do in this image vs Thanos.

9J6mnM3.jpg0bGzUPv.jpg

It's probably the heralds, to pissoff those who can't afford it and those who don't want another Galactus. I want the heralds like Firelord, airwalker,  Stardust. But i can't afford a 400$ figure. I hope that they rerelease them. Even if it's in a different costumes for the major release later, so the haslab backer would have an exclusive variant and everybody would be able to get a hold at them. I want bastion an a few prime sentinel.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:12 PM, Shadowdark said:

It's probably the heralds, to pissoff those who can't afford it and those who don't want another Galactus. I want the heralds like Firelord, airwalker,  Stardust. But i can't afford a 400$ figure. I hope that they rerelease them. Even if it's in a different costumes for the major release later, so the haslab backer would have an exclusive variant and everybody would be able to get a hold at them. I want bastion an a few prime sentinel.

Screw putting them in different costumes. I want the classic version in their most iconic look....period.  Add them as tiers to big G & kudos to those that fund this. But Hasbro should add any 6' figs that came out in the Sentinel/Galactus fundraisers in future waves or as a deluxe boxset of Heralds or in the Bastion Sentinel case, as a Pulse army builder.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:08 PM, Gigantor said:

It is amusing that some here are complaining that no Heralds should be included with the guy that creates them. As far as Army builders, the Punisher robots are the only logical answer. They are also not "tiny" characters either, they are actually quite large from some comics that I have of them in which they appear in . How this guy figures you can "Army build" them shy of buying multiple Galactus figs is beyond me. If anything, Hasbro shoulda stated that their will be 1 Punisher robot coming with big G & then they will be a future army builder in the Hasbro Pulse line as well.  I prefer they look like they do in this image vs Thanos.

9J6mnM3.jpg0bGzUPv.jpg

Agreed, the Punisher droid is really the only logical army builder as far as Big G is goes, and I think what you suggested about Pulse army builders is likely what they'd do. Either way, and as I said earlier, I need a figure of the Punisher droid, and for my tastes, the more Kirby'esque it looks the better. 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, Air-Walker said:

I get it, but the fact that people would want the Heralds separately is precisely one the reasons why they will most certainly be exclusive unlockables, lol. Also, the Heralds are intrinsically a part of Galactus's whole vibe/ schtick. He's had a Herald since the very start, and to not include any of them would be nonsensical imo.

I've wanted a figure of the Air-Walker badly since I was a kid in the bygone age of yore, so his inclusion alone would make the whole price worth it to me, even if I'm not overly crazy about the more modern design. Anything else is gravy.

I can't possibly justify dropping $400.00 to get one or two figures (since big G isnt the draw for me) that would retail around $20.00 or so....thats me.

And as I said before, if they never made any Galactus figures they would still make these heralds. Not having heralds nonsensical? The first Galactus BAF had exactly ZERO heralds and its one of the most coveted BAFs out there.

Also, if they did make heralds exclusive to this project, that doesnt keep them from being re-issued down the road. That "exclusive" status can be a bit flexible. Just look at many of the "exclusive" SDCC figures that showed up later in normal retail.

But hey its everyone's choice. I see their marketing side, which is why I would include a brand new Surfer. But overall, if they make heralds that can't be obtained anywhere else, then I can walk away. The price is just exorbitant and the tactic doesnt sit well with me.

Nova should be easy one,  just new headsculpt on their standard female body, they might include fire stand like old Toybiz version, Silver surfer could be likely because they just gotta do the classic thing for 400 dollars and everyone would want that. Firelord can be easy enough to do and maybe Terrax too but he's baf size and I'm not sure it would be that economically sensible for them to include as well as other figures like Stardust that will require new sculpting. 

I know Surfer might be a better retro card release for them to do, but I’d honestly love it if the first stretch goal was Surfer with a flying effect that attached somewhere on Galactus and to his board, allowing you to pose him flying around/past Galactus. I don’t care about any other heralds, but I have to imagine we’ll get at least one more, whether or not Surfer is actually included.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, Atlantis said:

I can't possibly justify dropping $400.00 to get one or two figures (since big G isnt the draw for me) that would retail around $20.00 or so....thats me.

And as I said before, if they never made any Galactus figures they would still make these heralds. Not having heralds nonsensical? The first Galactus BAF had exactly ZERO heralds and its one of the most coveted BAFs out there.

Also, if they did make heralds exclusive to this project, that doesnt keep them from being re-issued down the road. That "exclusive" status can be a bit flexible. Just look at many of the "exclusive" SDCC figures that showed up later in normal retail.

But hey its everyone's choice. I see their marketing side, which is why I would include a brand new Surfer. But overall, if they make heralds that can't be obtained anywhere else, then I can walk away. The price is just exorbitant and the tactic doesnt sit well with me.

Toybiz, Force-bless them, was hardly perfect in the choices they made though, and the lack of Heralds with the Galactus BAF wave was one of the oddest most nonsensical ones they made, imo. 

Also, the old BAF and this new Haslab are different animals imo. The effort gone into tooling Haslab Big G and the enormous price-tag literally demand better and more impressive gimmicks, otherwise what else do they have to really offer people who are on the fence? Big G doesn't really have a lot going for him in terms of gimmicks other than his array of colourful servants over the decades.

Any how, I don't disagree with you on the matter of re-issues or their sales tactics. Indeed, as a Northman, I'm no friend to the concept of Exclusives of any kind. In this case though, such a move on Hasbro's part would be perfectly in line with their current modus operandi. Lastly, I'm too old now and have waited too long to care over how the biggest of my bucket list favs is released. My only concern is that they do make him and that they do a superlative job!

On 7/17/2021 at 7:29 PM, SpiderS said:

Firelord can be easy enough to do and maybe Terrax too but he's baf size and I'm not sure it would be that economically sensible for them to include as well as other figures like Stardust that will require new sculpting. 

See, that's where Hasbro messed up in making Terrax an outta scale BAF. Now everyone not familiar with the character thinks he's some 8 ft giant. FYI, Terrax is 6'6, not 7'6. Hasbro just has to redo him on a newer buck that's about an inch shorter than the BAF version. Has anyone here actually read a Byrne FF issue with Terrax in it?

On 7/17/2021 at 11:29 PM, Gigantor said:

See, that's where Hasbro messed up in making Terrax an outta scale BAF. Now everyone not familiar with the character thinks he's some 8 ft giant. FYI, Terrax is 6'6, not 7'6. Hasbro just has to redo him on a newer buck that's about an inch shorter than the BAF version. Has anyone here actually read a Byrne FF issue with Terrax in it?

Agreed (and yes, Old-school FF fan here), and now is the perfect opportunity to do it! Ideally, I'd love it if they made his body to look like he was carved out of stone, just as Byrne drew him, and give him a little mini Asteroid to hover on.

On 7/18/2021 at 12:24 AM, ransomz said:

So one of the unlocks is going to be an army builder? That means I have to buy 4 or 5 Galactus figures to build whatever army it is? That seems a bit much.

I doubt it. I could see them having it as an early unlock tier and then the more people back it, the more figures they will add. So you start with 1 at say 8000 backers, but say every 3000  they add another one, so by the time they reach the 14000, people will have 3 of that character..

On 7/17/2021 at 3:24 PM, ransomz said:

So one of the unlocks is going to be an army builder? That means I have to buy 4 or 5 Galactus figures to build whatever army it is? That seems a bit much.

Hasbro may jack us up on adding heralds to this that can't be obtained anywhere else, but that kind of thing will work against them if they do it for army builders. $1,600.00 for 4 Galacti and 4 troops? No, I think we can count on an army builder, and down the line on hasbro pulse (like AIM & Hellfire guards) they'll offer the follow-on troops. 

On 7/18/2021 at 1:26 AM, Air-Walker said:

Agreed (and yes, Old-school FF fan here), and now is the perfect opportunity to do it! Ideally, I'd love it if they made his body to look like he was carved out of stone, just as Byrne drew him, and give him a little mini Asteroid to hover on.

Just carve an asteroid outta styrofoam, prime it grey & you have your own Asteroid to place him on & can make it as big/small as you wish.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, Satam said:

Be careful using spray paint on styrofoam. Most contain solvents that will melt it. 

This is ESPECIALLY true of most primers. A good way to get around it is a couple coats of a 50/50 mix of joint compound and white glue or Mod Podge. Also, spray paint is fine if you just want a lump for Terrax to stand on, but you can get a much better range of effects with just plain old acrylic paints.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:24 PM, ransomz said:

Nobody actually said that.  I think some folks are jumping to a conclusion a little bit.  Go to 29:39 to hear what Dwight actually said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zu0CdQ5gKA.  I'd be surprised if they had an honest-to-god troop builder figure as a stretch goal reward and only include one of it.  I think he was either making a joke about getting more faceplates, or something else.

Edit: Go to 39:29, not 29:39 for what Dwight says.  Sorry!

I'm starting to think this will be less successful than the Sentinel, watching the numbers very slowly increase.  It'll make target for sure but I wouldn't expect it to break 20k.  Don't get me wrong, I'm getting one and I think it's gorgeous.  I just don't see it as iconic a figure as the Sentinel--people were crazy over that thing and it met target within just days.  

Maybe the better move would have been to price this $50 less and kept the faceplates as one of the 'tier' rewards.  It would have made more sense really.