Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 7/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, Jmacq1 said:

See the Silver Surfer is the LAST thing I'd want to see as a stretch goal here.  Not just because I have the Walgreens version (both of them) but because the Surfer is a character that they can and have sold at retail on single-cards (or otherwise).  

Basically, I'm totally fine if they want to make a new Surfer...but use the Kickstarter to make some Heralds that we're not likely to get anytime soon, not someone they know they can sell at retail.

What about a Norris Radd pre- Surfer figure? that could be a fun tier goal and something Hasbro isn’t likely to make otherwise..

I didn’t remember the goal being so low for the Sentinel. Only 6000? I see Galactus is over half way with 42 days to go. I’m sure he will reach goal. Anyone remember  the final tally on the Sentinel?

If Hasbro were smart, they’d show some stretch goals.. 14,000 is a LOT of world devourers.. maybe people would get inspired to buy if they got creative with their extras.

I'm planning on buying, stretch goals or no, but seems 14k is pretty high a goal. So we’d get a figure only a few inches taller, $50 more, and likely less extras due to an already steep final goal. $400 for lights and sounds isn’t exactly a selling point for me.. I get the different circumstances between releases and whatever but standing a $350 toy that has all those extras next to a $400 toy with lights and sound.. you tell me what seems the better deal.

I don’t know, at least their are few characters bigger than Galactus that they’d try to get us to buy down the road. Maybe if this one struggles to get 14k Hasbro would dial it down a notch..

On 7/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, McHogan said:

I didn’t remember the goal being so low for the Sentinel. Only 6000? I see Galactus is over half way with 42 days to go. I’m sure he will reach goal. Anyone remember  the final tally on the Sentinel?

Nearly 22,000 sentinels sold in the end, but the backer tally was over 23,000 at one point.

If Hasbro were smart, they’d show some stretch goals.. 14,000 is a LOT of world devourers.. maybe people would get inspired to buy if they got creative with their extras.

Yeah, they’ve said there are stretch goals, but it’s not really clear why they aren’t showing them up front. I guess to give people a reason to keep checking in throughout the life of the campaign?

I'm planning on buying, stretch goals or no, but seems 14k is pretty high a goal. So we’d get a figure only a few inches taller, $50 more, and likely less extras due to an already steep final goal. $400 for lights and sounds isn’t exactly a selling point for me.. I get the different circumstances between releases and whatever but standing a $350 toy that has all those extras next to a $400 toy with lights and sound.. you tell me what seems the better deal.

Well, technically Galactus is 23% bigger than the sentinel, but only 14% more expensive. A lot of that is his absurdly tall helmet and antlers, though. From toe to shoulder, he’s actually not that much taller, and obviously much less likely to sell in multiples. Also, I think both toys have lights, but neither has sound, right? Something’s making Galactus expensive enough for them to produce that selling him for $400 is only worth it if they can sell 14,000 or more units, so hopefully he’s sweet.

Nearly 22,000 sentinels sold in the end, but the backer tally was over 23,000 at one point.

wow, they killed it on Sentinels. I bought mine at literally the 11th hour. I was on the fence right up to the last minute but decided to bite the bullet. I’m pretty happy overall with my decision and the tier rewards went a long way in justifying my purchase.

im spending the cash for Galactus regardless but guilt free ( buyers remorse) spending is always preferred.. hopefully SOMETHING cool I gets added as a reward

On 7/19/2021 at 5:03 PM, McHogan said:

What about a Norris Radd pre- Surfer figure? that could be a fun tier goal and something Hasbro isn’t likely to make otherwise..

Norrin Radd and Shalla Bal would be really, really cool stretch goal figures.

I think some of Galactus' heralds, like Frankie-Nova, should see wider release than this, but I could still see Hasbro making them stretch goals. I'd prefer an obscure herald or two if Norrin and Shalla aren't stretch goals.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:47 PM, tarot said:

Maybe they change or its just the UK side (doubtful as they share the same numbers) but it look like they change maximum order  allowed to 2 Instead of five. Weird considering they want the numbers and third parties could rise it up.

In USA is still 5 per customer ... only buying one though, LOL

Honestly, it seems like we'll be lucky if Galactus even reaches 14K, let alone any stretch goals. I'm buying him either way, but that seems like an absurdly high goal for a figure that's more expensive than the Sentinel, not an army builder and hasn't had any stretch goals even revealed yet. He hasn't even broken 8K yet, we still have a while to go but the numbers are getting slower.

For anyone curious about the numbers, based on the current total, this thing needs to get 145 backers per day through August 30th to get to 14k. It got about 300 today. That is only 4 days after it was announced. That daily amount is not going to continue at 300 and will only taper off the further we get from last Friday. Hasbro needs to juice the number soon by revealing the tiers while it is still on people’s minds. If they are on less than 9-10k by the end of the week this thing is in trouble because the consumers who they will be counting on are those still on the fence and those who after one week still have no clue this was announced. I find it hard to believe they will pull 4 to 5k backers from those two groups.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:58 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Honestly, it seems like we'll be lucky if Galactus even reaches 14K, let alone any stretch goals. I'm buying him either way, but that seems like an absurdly high goal for a figure that's more expensive than the Sentinel, not an army builder and hasn't had any stretch goals even revealed yet. He hasn't even broken 8K yet, we still have a while to go but the numbers are getting slower.

They have an idea of how much this will cost, so they have to cover that.  They could reduce the goal but that would increase the price, so it would probably be even less like to achieve.

I’m not ready to be a pessimist so soon. Like I’ve mentioned before, it’ll likely take backers some time to figure out how/what they can do to finance this thing. I didn’t back the sentinel until all tiers were shown so I suspect many could just be waiting to see 1 or more tiers. I need that motivation boost myself.

But I do hope this succeeds because I remember back in the day when only talking about these ideas of Haslab was just a stupid fantasy and now look. I can’t not support sentinel, Galactus and Foom. 😄

On 7/19/2021 at 4:13 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Norrin Radd and Shalla Bal would be really, really cool stretch goal figures.

I think some of Galactus' heralds, like Frankie-Nova, should see wider release than this, but I could still see Hasbro making them stretch goals. I'd prefer an obscure herald or two if Norrin and Shalla aren't stretch goals.

As long as any quality herald on this "campaign" is also released to every one else later I'm happy.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:06 AM, mako said:

Give us these characters in mainstream releases so EVERYBODY can get them. THAT's what I'd support. Anything else is just Mattelbro whoring out it's characters for a few extra pieces of silver.

We simply would not get figures of this magnitude in todays retail environment were it not for HasLab. We would get much smaller figures of these big characters, or not at all. The last SEVERAL bigger transformers, in the $150.00 area each, were essentially online-only items, because no retailer was willing to carry them in-store at that size and price point. They sold well online, too- it's just a big price tag and a lot of shelf space for brick and mortar. We are talking about items at more than twice that price point now. It's nice to wish these figures could have lower prices and wider availability, but the fact is that they just wouldn't exist otherwise. 

On 7/20/2021 at 6:06 AM, mako said:

Give us these characters in mainstream releases so EVERYBODY can get them. THAT's what I'd support. Anything else is just Mattelbro whoring out it's characters for a few extra pieces of silver.

I understand, but majority would simply and wisely sit around to wait for the inevitable discounts.

And yea like @The Mad Bubbler has said, big retailers wouldnt wanna stock these massive, expensive toys. Space is precious time and money. They also don’t give a shat about toys. They would be doing Hasbro a favor.

I can see etailers having it better. But even then, everybody would still wait for discounts and these big boys will end up being failures.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:18 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

We simply would not get figures of this magnitude in todays retail environment were it not for HasLab. We would get much smaller figures of these big characters, or not at all. The last SEVERAL bigger transformers, in the $150.00 area each, were essentially online-only items, because no retailer was willing to carry them in-store at that size and price point. They sold well online, too- it's just a big price tag and a lot of shelf space for brick and mortar. We are talking about items at more than twice that price point now. It's nice to wish these figures could have lower prices and wider availability, but the fact is that they just wouldn't exist otherwise. 

I'm not talking about the FIGURES, I'm talking about the CHARACTERS. I don't need a 3ft. Galactus, but I do want a Galactus. There's no reason he couldn't be done as a build-a-figure . . . or a deluxe figure . . . or BOTH. What about the heralds? I want an improved Terrax, but it looks like THAT won't be happening either.

It was one thing when they wasted slots in a wave with crap like Boxer-Shorts Deadpool. At least I knew that eventually they'd get around to the characters I want to buy. Now, we don't even have THAT little placebo.

Sure, they'll get around to such-and-such . . . assuming he isn't earmarked as a tier incentive for a HasScam Quinjet or whatever.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, mako said:

I'm not talking about the FIGURES, I'm talking about the CHARACTERS. I don't need a 3ft. Galactus, but I do want a Galactus. There's no reason he couldn't be done as a build-a-figure . . . or a deluxe figure . . . or BOTH. What about the heralds? I want an improved Terrax, but it looks like THAT won't be happening either.

It was one thing when they wasted slots in a wave with crap like Boxer-Shorts Deadpool. At least I knew that eventually they'd get around to the characters I want to buy. Now, we don't even have THAT little placebo.

Sure, they'll get around to such-and-such . . . assuming he isn't earmarked as a tier incentive for a HasScam Quinjet or whatever.

Exactly, I'm happy with my Toy BIz Galactus, he's not a giant and I'm glad he isn't. Why they couldn't do the likes of Galactus or the Sentinel the same size/price as say Surtur, people would be more likely to buy them.