Hasbro July 16, 2021 Marvel Legends Live-Stream Coverage - Haslab Galactus

JayC

On 7/21/2021 at 12:48 PM, McHogan said:

I also said what you are saying here but got an economics lesson haha from posters haha.. guess I brought up these concerns before the excitement died down and people didn’t want to hear it. 

i still agree, at face value, the Sentinel APPEARS to be a much better deal at this point. 

Cmon Hasbro, gives us some incentive!

In hindsight, I should have ordered 2 or maybe even 3 sentinels.  At the going (asking) price, they're at around $1k on ebay.  I'm sure $800 is more realistic but that's a 'free' Galactus, when you think about it.  Even though I have concerns about this guy, I have a feeling he'll be even more rare and sought after in the long-run.  I should always follow my gut instincts with this stuff.  I bought one of the GI Joe Snake Eyes boxes--the $40 ones) and they're already three times that much.  I just wanted a Snake Eyes and would gladly trade the thing for a bunch of the 'standard' Joes I can't muster up the cash for now.  Silly me.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:46 AM, BlameitonLoren said:

When I first heard the size complaint I thought it was ridiculous, but after thinking about it, I kinda get it.... I mean Galactus is a sun - planet sized being and this guy is a head bigger than sentinal. However, I think it's size doesn't really matter at this rate. I mean no matter how big they made a Galactus toy it will never be exactly to scale. In order for a Galactus toy to be in scale he'd have to be as big as the moon lmao. 

Where do you get your Galactus info from? "Planet eater" doesn't mean the guy physically swallows planets. Galactus created a "moon sized" spacecraft, that's the only thing "planet" sized about him. He is physically just 28'9 ft tall & will start to shrink in size the longer he goes without consuming the life energies of a planet.  At 32' tall, Hasbro just went a few inches above his listed scale, fine in my book.  He is not Godzilla sized! As for Sentinels being "outta scale", As MonsterChris stated, the MkII-MkVI models were all 20ft tall which imo, is the ideal hgt for them. Mk1 was maybe 8 ft tall. Nimrod was about an 8-9 footer. After those models, artists started taking artistic license with Sentinels & drew them in all damn variations of hgts, from human size to 100ft tall to insect sized.  For me, these are the iconic versions I stick with.1675169677_SentinelsvsNewMutants2.thumb.jpg.091c9aab240bc1c5f6b02a739b5fdcf5.jpg The John Byrne DOFP versions are my all time favs & that's to a great 3D print artist down south, I got 6 of em. I always loved the MK Vs that made their debut in New Mutants #2 & wanted to see them in 16'-20' scale as well, then the Sentinels that debuted in X-Men  #281 I believe, were great as well & made short work of the Reavers and Donald Pierce. I so wanted them made into figs as well. The Haslab Sentinel is a thing of beauty but too big & too rich for my blood. But I'm happy with my six 3D printed 16' classic Sentinels and classic Nimrod! I long gave up hope of ever seeing scale accurate 20' tall DOFP Byrne Sentinels done by Hasbro in my lifetime. The TB BAF Sentinel is awesome & I owned one since 05', but sold it off on eBay last yr to help finance my 6 3D printed classic Sentinels.1169631530_SentinelsvsNewMutants.thumb.jpg.f34005dd3f3536e7be5d6675ba374791.jpg1797874363_Sentinelturnarounds.thumb.jpg.165a4fb9d82960af50d68750666d320e.jpg1429298792_Sentinelsdays-of-future-past.thumb.png.635ce0fd2e50067c86f1e3c3d625b5b9.png1710058673_SentinelReavers1.thumb.jpg.4f4738f28c3a99d40233acbacc413e44.jpg

On 7/21/2021 at 11:32 PM, Virtualzach said:

I'm not about to call myself an expert on the evolution of Sentinels but the ones I all remember (from various media) has them pretty enormous, not twice as tall as your average human.  

sent1.jpg

sent2.jpg

sent3.jpeg

sent4.jpg

I mean, 20 feet is more than 3 times the height of an average human, and closer to 4 times the height of Wolverine, so it's not exactly short. It's tricky when artists are so inconsistent, though. I feel like Juggernaut, for example, has varied from "a really big guy" in size to about 12 feet tall, depending on the artist. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:32 PM, Virtualzach said:

I'm not about to call myself an expert on the evolution of Sentinels but the ones I all remember (from various media) has them pretty enormous, not twice as tall as your average human.  

sent1.jpg

sent2.jpg

sent3.jpeg

sent4.jpg

The only ones that look "enormous" in your 4 pics is the last one. The animated series Sentinels were based on Byrne's version & were 20footers asides from MM & Nimrod. Again, after around the 1st  6 models, the hgts of Sentinels fluctuated from insect sized to 100ft tall. I'll stick with the tried n true 20ft versions.  A Classic DOFP Bryne Sentinel released via Hasbro Pulse at the 16-20 inch scale with alternate fists/open palm blaster hands & capture coil going for $100-$125 price range would sell like hotcakes.

Looks like Hasbro's Dan Yun is trying to tell us something.

According to him the 1st stretch goals will be unlocked at 14K. it will be a 6-inch figure, and with that he posted an image of the new Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus with blacked out images of Frankie Raye (Nova) And Silver Surfer next to it. So one thing to note, while the image teases two figures, he only indicates at 14k one 6" figure will be unlocked. That most likely means we will be getting at least two 6" figures offered as streatch goals but probably only one will be unlocked once the project reaches 14k.

If we are getting another Silver Surfer, I am hoping it will be one with vac metal, but more likely it will just be one with the new pin-less technology. We will have to wait and see.

As I post this the Haslab Project currently has 8,478 of it's needed 14k backers.

NOVAjpg.jpg

On 7/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, leokearon said:

I'm guessing the Surfer will be the first unlock and then Nova

Thats my guess to and they went on and teased NOVA cause they probably figured if they just showed Surfer people would now be impressed being we've already gotten 2 Surfers recently.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Here we are I knew it had to be another Surfer, what's Galactus without ol Norrin Radd, I'm not surprised there is a  Frankie Raye, I just hope that's it, I think I can cry only a little bit if I never get a Frankie.

Its gonna have to be a walk- away for me i guess. I'm sure they'll make a dazzling Nova but thats not gonna get me to drop $400.00. I wonder if they'll do 3 heralds instead of 2?

On 7/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Atlantis said:

Its gonna have to be a walk- away for me i guess. I'm sure they'll make a dazzling Nova but thats not gonna get me to drop $400.00. I wonder if they'll do 3 heralds instead of 2?

Yeah I share the same feelings, I still don't really want to buy this Galactus, and the thought of multiple Heralds I will never get a chance at getting inless I back this is frustrating, So I hope this is it just Surfer and Nova, I can walk away, if they keep adding and give us characters like Firelord, Air-Walker, Terrax and w/e, it's going to be a really annoying thing when I feel compelled to spend like 800 dollars on this giant baby man LED figure who needs to rent a wing in my apartment for a couple 6'' figures.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:25 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

If the project does not fund....can we at least get Frankie/Nova released? 

There's still 39 days to go. It'll get funded. It might not get much higher than 14,000 backers, but if Frankie is a higher goal that they don't hit, I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up in a wave somewhere down the line or as a Walgreens exclusive or something.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, Gigantor said:

The only ones that look "enormous" in your 4 pics is the last one. The animated series Sentinels were based on Byrne's version & were 20footers asides from MM & Nimrod. Again, after around the 1st  6 models, the hgts of Sentinels fluctuated from insect sized to 100ft tall. I'll stick with the tried n true 20ft versions.  A Classic DOFP Bryne Sentinel released via Hasbro Pulse at the 16-20 inch scale with alternate fists/open palm blaster hands & capture coil going for $100-$125 price range would sell like hotcakes.

Actually, they all look pretty enormous.  Measuring a character in the foreground against one in the background ignores the 3D element of the image.  All of the sentinels in those photos are at least 25-30' tall.  You're just fixated on the Bryne sentinel.  They DoFP sentinel they released is of similar scale and was discounted to $50 for quite a while before they finally started selling so I don't see a similar sized option magically going for $100+.  

Neither the Surfer nor Frankie Ray are all that great of enticements for me. I've got plenty of Surfer figures and I still have a poorly articulated 6" Frankie Ray that Toy Biz did in a Silver Surfer line that I've displayed with my Legends figures for years. Even if Galactus fully funded with both of these, I think that I'll likely pass. Neither of these are going to push me over the hump. After buying 3 Sentinels last year, I probably should take this year off from the HasLab offerings anyway. However if I'm able to sell my existing Toy Biz BAF Galactus for near $200, then I might be more inclined to come up the additional $200 for this one.....

On 7/22/2021 at 11:27 AM, Typhis said:

They drop the price a few hundred and maybe I just might bite and order...I just don't think it's worth over $400..don't care if it lights up or not, just over priced.

It's not for everyone.  I suspect that many/most people can't afford this sort of thing.  But us die-hard collectors simply can't pass this up.  Once you're in with ML, you're in--I have over 150 individual figures now and things like Galactus and Sentinel will just be amazing next to my existing collection.  

On 7/22/2021 at 10:49 AM, Virtualzach said:

It's not for everyone.  I suspect that many/most people can't afford this sort of thing.  But us die-hard collectors simply can't pass this up.  Once you're in with ML, you're in--I have over 150 individual figures now and things like Galactus and Sentinel will just be amazing next to my existing collection.  

I consider myself a die-hard collector, but I'm not putting down money for every and anything they make. Its a beautiful piece of work, but its not worth $400.00 to  me. Just like the recent MODOK- no way to me was that worth $50.00. If they had thrown in some lights /sounds on that, then yeah.  I'm sure the producers and various retailers think $400.00 is an acceptable price- if this thing ever goes to the likes of BBTS you can be sure they're gonna charge more- but personally, I can live without an item if it doesnt bring  me joy. 

Was someone on their team reading these comments? Lol.

Ok....noooot bad, but that Surfer looks like he's on the same body as before. I'm wondering if they'll give him a Kirby-style head, like the TB version? Or the vac-metal as suggested. Frankie-Raye Nova...I'm in love with her already just going by the Silhouette! This still isn't perking me up though. Why tease something that's already had a release? And why even tease Nova...just show her already! Methinks the Hasbro team still ain't feeling the Zeitgeist in the air on this.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:58 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I share the same feelings, I still don't really want to buy this Galactus, and the thought of multiple Heralds I will never get a chance at getting inless I back this is frustrating, So I hope this is it just Surfer and Nova, I can walk away, if they keep adding and give us characters like Firelord, Air-Walker, Terrax and w/e, it's going to be a really annoying thing when I feel compelled to spend like 800 dollars on this giant baby man LED figure who needs to rent a wing in my apartment for a couple 6'' figures.

800$...Omg...is that what it would come to for us with all the tax, conversion and shipping?? 

Vac metal will eventually start to chip away with wear & tear so unless you're just gonna pose your fig in the air like a statue & never again touch it, it makes zero sense to me to vac metal these figs. I'd rather they give em  metallic like painst that make em look shiny but won't start chipping away after you handle & display them in action poses for a month. As for the Sentinels, no, that Sentinel that came with Wolverine is not a classic DOFP Sentinel, these are!

5dcspxC.jpg

Still looks like the same 6'4" Silver Surfer on a 5'10" buck. What's the point of another SS if they aren't going to correct the scale issue? I must say I saw Frankie Raye coming a mile away. Sux that the only way we may ever get her is to pay $400 for it, but nothing here is doing anything to convince me one way or another. Try again, Hasbro.

I'm assuming they're putting these images out because the backers have been at a practical stall for the last 2 days. Not sure if the overseas numbers have been configured yet, but I sincerely doubt they're going to move the needle all that much. Is it panic time yet?

On 7/22/2021 at 2:58 PM, Air-Walker said:

Was someone on their team reading these comments? Lol.

Ok....noooot bad, but that Surfer looks like he's on the same body as before. I'm wondering if they'll give him a Kirby-style head, like the TB version? Or the vac-metal as suggested. Frankie-Raye Nova...I'm in love with her already just going by the Silhouette! This still isn't perking me up though. Why tease something that's already had a release? And why even tease Nova...just show her already! Methinks the Hasbro team still ain't feeling the Zeitgeist in the air on this.

800$...Omg...is that what it would come to for us with all the tax, conversion and shipping?? 

Yeah I'd say about that, but maybe not, I just remember various sites selling the Sentinel, I'd say it's at least 500 with exchange on the intial 400, plus taxes, then shipping which has got to be like 50 - 100 dollars on a figure of that size and weight then the probable duties which would be who nows how much, I payed 25 dollars in duties when I got Tokka & Rahzar, no way the customs people are going to overlook a 4 foot tall box that weighs probably a pound plus

On 7/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, Virtualzach said:

Ha. I’ve been collecting 6” marvel since they were just called Spider-Man classics and that doesn’t mean I have to buy everything they put out by any means. Buy what you enjoy and nothing else. There is no rule saying otherwise.